Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,938
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Gaffer58
Non of Humbersides finest about ?

They where too busy presenting I reckon

Attachment: 808f973b62ce425f9eb3aee16384bed7_8601.jpeg
Size: 14.93 KB

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 39
aldi_01
November 21, 2022, 6:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Fans of one team fighting each other is nothing new, seen it a fair few times over the years.

In fact, I remember Crawley away with Slade, we were predictably dreadful, I let Slade, and Fenty know what I, and many others thought and given the small crowd, it wasn’t too hard to make it out and someone started on me, moaning saying I wasn’t supporting the club…ironic really as they stood completely silent and passive whilst the club fell apart.

Anyone remember Dagenham away last year with the giant man baby waddling about picking a fight with anyone that didn’t agree with his idea that the ‘little yorkie is excrement’?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 39
GollyGTFC
November 21, 2022, 8:05am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,964
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Kicked off a bit outside the Pontoon afterwards. Don't know if it was people who'd been spat at going after the bloke who'd done it but was definitely a small group going after someone.

The guy who was spat on was not involved in anything that happened after the match. He was with his son and father at the match and remained calm even after he was the victim of an assault (being spat on).

I have some cracking photos of the spitter (before it appears his face was rearranged outside McDonald’s- I’m loving it) that I would really like to share on here, but I don’t think I should. I also have the spitters name. i have already sent the photo and name I was given by someone who knew him to the club and reported the incident to Humberside Police along with his name and will send them the photo when they get back to me today.

I know a lot of people in the Pontoon were annoyed that the individual wasn’t dealt with at the time, but in defence of the stewards, in this instance only, if they tried to remove him there would have undoubted been a serious scuffle and someone might have been hurt (steward or innocent bystander).

I don’t want to preempt what action the club and police will take but I expect the individual will end up in court and hopefully receive a nice 3-year banning order as the victim has reported it to Humberside Police and would be only too pleased to attend court to give evidence against him and you would hope the club would ban him for life too.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 39
Davec
November 21, 2022, 8:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 42
I wasn't at the game yesterday but have I got it right that somebody for some unknown reason spat at another fan? There must have been some provocation? Which of course still doesn't make it right, also whilst I don't condone violence,  he got what he deserved if he got set up on out McDonalds
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 39
GollyGTFC
November 21, 2022, 8:53am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,964
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Davec
I wasn't at the game yesterday but have I got it right that somebody for some unknown reason spat at another fan? There must have been some provocation? Which of course still doesn't make it right, also whilst I don't condone violence,  he got what he deserved if he got set up on out McDonalds

The spitter was stood on the wall next to seats 99 (row b or c) and was blocking the view of countless people behind. Loads of people were shouting at him to get down and at the stewards to actually do something about him. After a couple of minutes a fan closer to him politely asked him to get down before he fell and hurt himself or somebody else below him and he jumped down and tried to get to the person. A couple of other town fans intervened and held him back. Whilst he was being held back he spat at the person who had politely asked him to get down. He then scarpered into the usual end of match crowd at the front of the pontoon.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 39
Hagrid
November 21, 2022, 9:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,420
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from GollyGTFC

The guy who was spat on was not involved in anything that happened after the match. He was with his son and father at the match and remained calm even after he was the victim of an assault (being spat on).

I have some cracking photos of the spitter (before it appears his face was rearranged outside McDonald’s- I’m loving it) that I would really like to share on here, but I don’t think I should. I also have the spitters name. i have already sent the photo and name I was given by someone who knew him to the club and reported the incident to Humberside Police along with his name and will send them the photo when they get back to me today.

I know a lot of people in the Pontoon were annoyed that the individual wasn’t dealt with at the time, but in defence of the stewards, in this instance only, if they tried to remove him there would have undoubted been a serious scuffle and someone might have been hurt (steward or innocent bystander).

I don’t want to preempt what action the club and police will take but I expect the individual will end up in court and hopefully receive a nice 3-year banning order as the victim has reported it to Humberside Police and would be only too pleased to attend court to give evidence against him and you would hope the club would ban him for life too.

wonderful news! hopefully we dont see him at BP for a long long time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 39
jamesgtfc
November 21, 2022, 9:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,959
Gold Stars: 190
Great to hear the spitter has been identified and I'm sure CCTV covers that area anyway so hopefully he's not seen at BP any time soon.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 39
DB
November 21, 2022, 12:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
On the other hand, there were 6,021 who behaved themselves. As the saying goes "There's always one".

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 39
lukeo
November 21, 2022, 2:07pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
I don't condone anyone 'fighting' or attacking someone just as much as the spitting. I hope the guy or kid who did the spitting and was clearly being a pain is banned for life from BP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Our fans fighting each other

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.