Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Safeguarding Lead.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 125 Guests

Safeguarding Lead.

This thread currently has 2,781 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
lukeo
October 1, 2022, 2:38pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from aldi_01

In this context he is fine given Pete clearly identifies as a male and uses male pronouns…

This
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
Kris2
October 1, 2022, 4:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Poojah
I would agree with our friend realist in so much that it is indeed a sad and mixed up world that we live in. Regardless, you don’t get to choose the parameters of the world we live in and you can’t wish away the pervs and the nonces with magical thinking.

As a kid I was coached by two individuals who would go on to be convicted of serious child sex offences, and taught at school by another. I was lucky enough not to experience anything untoward, but the threat exists whether you like it or not.

I’m not sure how anyone could object to anything which helps reduce the chances of kids being abused. Unless you’re a bit weird.

Had a teacher and one of the P.E teachers who later went on to coach football be convicted of some quite serious offences years after they happened. It happened a lot and we are still digging through the horrific evidence of things that were ignored or even worse, covered up by people around them because reporting it wasn't the done thing. I want to live in a world where kids are able to pursue their hobbies, dreams and future careers without being taken advantage of by sexual deviants in a safe environment. I don't care if that makes somebody think I'm "too soft" or the world has become a PC nightmare. Kids always deserved better and it's only recently that they've actually started to be protected.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
jaygy
October 1, 2022, 4:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Anyone wondering if we need this position and questioning the importance within a football club need to remember Crewe
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
Davec
October 1, 2022, 4:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
My old English teacher at school turned out to be a fake teacher, he faked his qualifications, also he got convicted of having a relationship with a student at the school, the student in particular was in my same English class.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
Croxton
October 1, 2022, 9:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33

Please provide clear and unbiased evidence that "generational division has been stoked out of all proportion".

No. If you have failed to emerge from your echo chamber long enough to discern a distinct undertone to the national conversation since 2015 then where have you been?  The expression ‘boomer’ was a useful monica to describe anyone born from 1946 to early sixties. Pollsters , media and social scientists frequently use subsequent terms like generations X Y and Z. (Yes, I had to Google them like most folk who are busy with normal day to day existence.)

You know this , of course, being younger, politically motivated and social media savvy like my mid 40,s kids. My lived experience as retired 72 year old professional is that the expression ‘boomer’, for many is a derogatory term for many who comment on issues like Brexit, the wealth gap, housing crisis and pensions to name just a few.

I have no intention of straying into non footy, especially having just travelled to Salford and back, but in the context of Kris’s post, which I largely endorse, I felt that his use of the the term was unnecessary and irrelevant. There has been a gradual twitterisation of the Fishy which reflects the binary nature of public debate today and the spread of identity politics from the U.S.A.

Kris based his remark on a presumption rather than fact. As a former teacher with considerable safeguarding responsibilities beyond the classroom I experienced first hand the processes involved in keeping young people safe both at school and at home. At least one member of staff lost his job due to his behaviour and hours spent liaising with social workers and police.

It is not the age of fishy posters that should exercise Kris. The age of some perpetrators was a more relevant concern.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
aldi_01
October 1, 2022, 9:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Poojah
I would agree with our friend realist in so much that it is indeed a sad and mixed up world that we live in. Regardless, you don’t get to choose the parameters of the world we live in and you can’t wish away the pervs and the nonces with magical thinking.

As a kid I was coached by two individuals who would go on to be convicted of serious child sex offences, and taught at school by another. I was lucky enough not to experience anything untoward, but the threat exists whether you like it or not.

I’m not sure how anyone could object to anything which helps reduce the chances of kids being abused. Unless you’re a bit weird.

But he loved her…and we all saw that picture…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
realist
October 1, 2022, 10:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Kris2

considering the rise of grooming scandals and abuse of young people in sports these roles are becoming more and more important in establishing safeguarding of young people and a chain of reporting incidents that can be followed up. I'll take a bunch of boomers being offended by this as support for coaches grooming kids which honestly doesn't surprise me at this point. Some of you need to learn the wild west of the 60's and 70's are over and it's not acceptable to ignore it anymore.

I wasn't condoning anything, merely commenting on the state of our depraved society. Your reply is unacceptable . I bet you are a guardian reading low life like most at this club nowadays
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
aldi_01
October 1, 2022, 10:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from realist

I wasn't condoning anything, merely commenting on the state of our depraved society. Your reply is unacceptable . I bet you are a guardian reading low life like most at this club nowadays

You don’t have to support them? I mean if Guardian readers are low life I dread to think when Sun and Star readers are?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Safeguarding Lead.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.