Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Safeguarding Lead.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 112 Guests

Safeguarding Lead.

This thread currently has 2,784 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
October 1, 2022, 9:18am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Imagine thinking safeguarding is a bad thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
aldi_01
October 1, 2022, 9:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Imagine thinking safeguarding is a bad thing.

Ironically, probably the same people who witter on about Muslim grooming gangs and the like.

It’s almost like they believe sex offenders didn’t exist before say 2000…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
Croxton
October 1, 2022, 9:34am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Kris2

considering the rise of grooming scandals and abuse of young people in sports these roles are becoming more and more important in establishing safeguarding of young people and a chain of reporting incidents that can be followed up. I'll take a bunch of boomers being offended by this as support for coaches grooming kids which honestly doesn't surprise me at this point. Some of you need to learn the wild west of the 60's and 70's are over and it's not acceptable to ignore it anymore.

I’m sure you didn’t mean to imply that just because I was born in the late 40s I wouldn’t understand the importance of this appointment. Generational division has been stoked out of all proportion in recent times and your casual insult detracts from the truth of your opening statement.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 1, 2022, 10:03am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from Croxton

I’m sure you didn’t mean to imply that just because I was born in the late 40s I wouldn’t understand the importance of this appointment. Generational division has been stoked out of all proportion in recent times and your casual insult detracts from the truth of your opening statement.

Please provide clear and unbiased evidence that "generational division has been stoked out of all proportion".

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
HertsGTFC
October 1, 2022, 10:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Important role this, for around 10 years I was an egg chasing club coach and committee member at our local club, legislation, protocols and best practice change frequently and keeping up with this protects the young people at the club and actually the club from any spurious stupidity.

The role is will not only involve safe guarding requirement I would imagine the guy who’s looking after it will be heavily involved on working with the leadership to shape the culture & environment.

Well done Town, under the previous regime this role would have been filled by “another” enthusiastic amateur but now we have an employed experienced professional it can only be a positive thing.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
October 1, 2022, 10:35am
Guest User
Indeed, this is very important.  As a young lad, early teens I experienced this playing for a Youth Centre team in Scunthorpe.
Reply: 15 - 27
MrThirsty
October 1, 2022, 10:53am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +236
Gold Stars: 4

Please provide clear and unbiased evidence that "generational division has been stoked out of all proportion".

It is amazing that anyone could think a safe guarding role is not essential, especially given what has come to light in recent years. However, it is not surprising that older posters may find it offensive that an assertion is made that a bunch of boomers being offended is support for coaches grooming kids.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
friskneymariner
October 1, 2022, 11:33am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
I'm an older poster,spent the majority of my career safeguarding children,it is the entrenched ideas of others that is the biggest obstacle.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
Poojah
October 1, 2022, 12:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,672
Gold Stars: 1,508
I would agree with our friend realist in so much that it is indeed a sad and mixed up world that we live in. Regardless, you don’t get to choose the parameters of the world we live in and you can’t wish away the pervs and the nonces with magical thinking.

As a kid I was coached by two individuals who would go on to be convicted of serious child sex offences, and taught at school by another. I was lucky enough not to experience anything untoward, but the threat exists whether you like it or not.

I’m not sure how anyone could object to anything which helps reduce the chances of kids being abused. Unless you’re a bit weird.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
supertown
October 1, 2022, 2:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,467
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from aldi_01

In this context he is fine given Pete clearly identifies as a male and uses male pronouns…

Apologies, I thought it was a generalisation about the person that got the job
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Safeguarding Lead.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.