Maringer
September 29, 2022, 12:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,519
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
For me, Richardson has had more of a chance than Simmonds, but Simmonds has something about him that i like.
He seems confident, and wants to do tricks, and get away from his man, and i think he could do well.

Unfortunately, every time he did a trick and then tried to get away from his man against Carlisle, he was tackled. In fact, there were lots of occasions when he looked like he was doing to get away but they just got a foot in. I think he needs to shift it a bit further out of his feel after turning away and use his body better. He's big enough to make it difficult for defenders to get around him, but they always seemed to manage pretty easily on Tuesday.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 29, 2022, 12:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,696
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
For me, Richardson has had more of a chance than Simmonds, but Simmonds has something about him that i like.
He seems confident, and wants to do tricks, and get away from his man, and i think he could do well.

Richardson hasn't done bad, but not set done a great deal either to cement his place. Having said that, he did well on Tuesday when he come on.

Pepple is a no go for me I'm afraid and see nothing in him that makes me get excited.

Interesting as I’m completely the opposite and think Pepple is the best option of the three. Think he has more physically to offer and puts himself about upsetting defenders, also whilst he’s missed a number of decent chances at least he’s got himself in the right position to miss them whereas the other two have hardly ever got themselves in the penalty box.

Funny how we all view players differently.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
monkeyboy
September 29, 2022, 1:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Interesting as I’m completely the opposite and think Pepple is the best option of the three. Think he has more physically to offer and puts himself about upsetting defenders, also whilst he’s missed a number of decent chances at least he’s got himself in the right position to miss them whereas the other two have hardly ever got themselves in the penalty box.

Funny how we all view players differently.

I completly agree that Pepple is going to be a good player, completly different to what the offers offer.
All 3 look like they have some promise.

I do however think unitl they get a good run of games it is impossible to see how good they are. bit parts here and there is no good.

Pepple looks like he can do the Taylor job and has more speed. holds the ball up pretty well.  all about confidence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Richardson, Simmonds & Pepple

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.