Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham Documentary
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 235 Guests

Wrexham Documentary

This thread currently has 40,346 views. Print
25 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
September 3, 2022, 11:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,646
Gold Stars: 189
I forgot to mention what an appalling tool Harvey comes across as in the show.

Which isn't really a surprise, given what we know of the man.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 241
Poojah
September 3, 2022, 11:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

Watching it, disagree they finished  second it's hardly a cardinal error. Continue as they have and they will manage it sooner or later.

They spunked at least double (and probably triple) our budget to get knocked out by Town in the play-offs.

They made poor decisions and spent their money unintelligently. Whether they get promoted this season and go on to transcend us doesn’t change that.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 241
Davec
September 4, 2022, 8:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
This is just me speaking personally but Unfortunately it has come to a point personally where I don't give a excrement how they do and would prefer they intercourse it up again, I know quite a few Wrexham fans who were all decent before the 28th May, but since then they have turned particularly unbearable and are trying to start a rivalry between the two clubs, only yesterday one of them told me he can't wait until next season when they play us last game of the season and they win the league and they send us back down and us fishy fornicators go back to our inbred homes and Incest families crying.

I hint a lot of jealousy from the Wrexham fans I know and it's not a good luck.

I appreciate it's only a tiny minority but just for how they have been I will be quite happy to see them fail to get promoted again!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 241
Swansea_Mariner
September 4, 2022, 10:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from Poojah

They spunked at least double (and probably triple) our budget to get knocked out by Town in the play-offs.

They made poor decisions and spent their money unintelligently. Whether they get promoted this season and go on to transcend us doesn’t change that.

I disagree I think they recruited pretty well and coming in second does vindicate that recruitment in my eyes anyhow. Building a championship winning squad from a standing start is extremely difficult. There are no guarantees, and with Stockport also spending big I think its incredibly harsh to overly criticise Parkinson.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 241
aldi_01
September 4, 2022, 10:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473

I disagree I think they recruited pretty well and coming in second does vindicate that recruitment in my eyes anyhow. Building a championship winning squad from a standing start is extremely difficult. There are no guarantees, and with Stockport also spending big I think its incredibly harsh to overly criticise Parkinson.

They didn’t recruit well…they brought in Parkinson, a dinosaur, an arrogant tool who clearly didn’t have the minerals.

His tactics and substitutions didn’t work in the one game that mattered…

I have to admit, I’ve found the programme quite hard to watch, I’m not sure why but it feels almost Partridge/The Office at times.

I don’t think deadpool and his mate are in it for the wrong reasons but I’m still not sure what they’re truly in it for. It all seems a bit weird still.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 241
Yoda
September 4, 2022, 3:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
I’m really enjoying the program about time the lower leagues get some attention.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 241
arryarryarry
September 4, 2022, 3:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 117

You need to mention that to Wrexham fans as many on their forum wanted him gone at the end of last season.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 241
OddShapedBalls
September 5, 2022, 9:55am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 40
I thought it was a fantastic insight into the dressing room to see the 5 players sharing one house complaining about Mullins wages, goes to show how you can upset the dressing room with one decision.

Also, I loved how the discussion was 'if we're going to stick to the budget we set out, we can't sign Mullin'....clearly they torched the budget paperwork when he turns up a few days later lol.

From what I've seen so far, I reckon we'll get some decent camera time and exposure in the last episode or two- it's definitely the sort of score disney would have wanted for a finale (albeit the wrong way round for their story).

Best moment of the series for me "you can't give a team like that a third goal", said with a fear in his eyes of what the future might bring.....foreshadowing, I think they call it in hollywood
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 241
buckstown
September 5, 2022, 10:31am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 79
I think it's the style of play the Wrexham fans don't like. With the money they've spent they should be playing great football, not the route one battering ram method
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 241
Maringer
September 5, 2022, 12:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,646
Gold Stars: 189
And, to be fair, they do have some good footballers in the team. It's just that their manager wants them to limit what they do and instead play for percentages.

As we've seen in the past, if they chuck enough money at it, they'll go up eventually. It's just the issue whether they take an extra season or two to do so. Teams like Crawley and Fleetwood did it quickly. Luton took a while to get going.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 241
25 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham Documentary

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.