Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Wallpaper
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 366 Guests

GTFC Wallpaper

This thread currently has 3,030 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
July 13, 2022, 9:50am
Guest User
Ok so can any of you techie guys out there tell me if it's possible to make a GTFC wallpaper background for my monitor, preferably of a shot of our winning goal against Solihull in the play-off Final?  Sorry if I used any words wrongly but my 77 year old brain ain't that good these days.
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 13, 2022, 9:53am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from 123614
Ok so can any of you techie guys out there tell me if it's possible to make a GTFC wallpaper background for my monitor, preferably of a shot of our winning goal against Solihull in the play-off Final?  Sorry if I used any words wrongly but my 77 year old brain ain't that good these days.

Reminds me of when town played Bournemouth and we got booted out of a pub because one of the lads we were with got on their pc and changed the wallpaper to a town pic.

Didn't help that he also locked the computer by changing the password

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
Son of Cod
July 13, 2022, 10:04am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,322
Gold Stars: 196
I can't seem to find an actual image of JMD scoring but if you Google there are some good pics. Maybe one of these two will do...

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesp.....mages-1401186169.jpg

https://i2-prod.grimsbytelegra.....t-73043-PM-2jpeg.jpg

Right click on one of those and then go to 'Save Image As' and save it somewhere on your computer. Then on your desktop/background right click anywhere and then go to 'Personalize' and then select 'Background' in the list on the left, then under 'Choose your picture' click 'Browse' and go select the image you just saved and that should be it done. You can change the settings of the image under 'Choose a fit' too. This is all assuming you've got the same version of Windows as me, which you might not. But it's pretty much the same on all of them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
GYinScuntland
July 13, 2022, 12:43pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Reminds me of when town played Bournemouth and we got booted out of a pub because one of the lads we were with got on their pc and changed the wallpaper to a town pic.

Didn't help that he also locked the computer by changing the password

Haha I bet it's the same person I went to Fengr.. Fengur.. Fengril.. Spain with, he changed every bar's WiFi password to PISSFLAPS.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
Bristol Mariner
July 13, 2022, 12:48pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Some GTFC wallpaper going at No 10, our least famous supporter is moving. Cost £250 a roll, for sale at £0.99.  Boris@gtfc.com

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
July 13, 2022, 2:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from Son of Cod
I can't seem to find an actual image of JMD scoring but if you Google there are some good pics. Maybe one of these two will do...

https://i2-prod.grimsbytelegra.....t-73043-PM-2jpeg.jpg

Right click on one of those and then go to 'Save Image As' and save it somewhere on your computer. Then on your desktop/background right click anywhere and then go to 'Personalize' and then select 'Background' in the list on the left, then under 'Choose your picture' click 'Browse' and go select the image you just saved and that should be it done. You can change the settings of the image under 'Choose a fit' too. This is all assuming you've got the same version of Windows as me, which you might not. But it's pretty much the same on all of them.

Hey man, thanks very much for the input, I'll give it a try.  As for Windows, I'm a dedicated gamer, and just bought a high end PC, and it's running Windows 11.
Reply: 5 - 26
PoutonStepover
July 13, 2022, 5:54pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from 123614

Hey man, thanks very much for the input, I'll give it a try.  As for Windows, I'm a dedicated gamer, and just bought a high end PC, and it's running Windows 11.

Now it’s not very often I hear of a 77 year old dedicated gamer…

What do you play?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 13, 2022, 6:04pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +786
Gold Stars: 113
Theres a few pics that are from moments after the goal went in but I cant find a single one of the moment the ball went in the net.

https://i2-prod.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/article7168386.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/0_JMD.jpg

Probably the best one is this

https://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/resources/images/13854986.jpg

The simplest of ways to make any photo into a wallpaper is to right click it, and then 'set image as Desktop background'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
July 13, 2022, 6:38pm
Guest User
Quoted from PoutonStepover

Now it’s not very often I hear of a 77 year old dedicated gamer…

What do you play?

I play Football Manager and have owned every copy since 1993, I believe it was, when it was called Championship Manager.  Apart from that I just love MMORPG's and have played most of them from EverQuest to WoW and to New World(crap game), waiting now for Ashes of Creation.
Reply: 8 - 26
PoutonStepover
July 13, 2022, 7:38pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from 123614

I play Football Manager and have owned every copy since 1993, I believe it was, when it was called Championship Manager.  Apart from that I just love MMORPG's and have played most of them from EverQuest to WoW and to New World(crap game), waiting now for Ashes of Creation.

Indeed it was! Being a touch under half your age, I’ve been playing since Championship Manager 98/99, I remember playing it for 40 hours straight through on the first day I got it, thinking it was the greatest game I’d ever seen, going to school on Monday morning after being awake for 40 hours wasn’t ideal though.

There’s some very good podcasts online with the creators Paul & Oliver Collyer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Wallpaper

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.