Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Wallpaper
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 253 Guests

GTFC Wallpaper

This thread currently has 3,072 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
July 13, 2022, 9:50am
Guest User
Ok so can any of you techie guys out there tell me if it's possible to make a GTFC wallpaper background for my monitor, preferably of a shot of our winning goal against Solihull in the play-off Final?  Sorry if I used any words wrongly but my 77 year old brain ain't that good these days.
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 13, 2022, 9:53am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from 123614
Ok so can any of you techie guys out there tell me if it's possible to make a GTFC wallpaper background for my monitor, preferably of a shot of our winning goal against Solihull in the play-off Final?  Sorry if I used any words wrongly but my 77 year old brain ain't that good these days.

Reminds me of when town played Bournemouth and we got booted out of a pub because one of the lads we were with got on their pc and changed the wallpaper to a town pic.

Didn't help that he also locked the computer by changing the password

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
Son of Cod
July 13, 2022, 10:04am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
I can't seem to find an actual image of JMD scoring but if you Google there are some good pics. Maybe one of these two will do...

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesp.....mages-1401186169.jpg

https://i2-prod.grimsbytelegra.....t-73043-PM-2jpeg.jpg

Right click on one of those and then go to 'Save Image As' and save it somewhere on your computer. Then on your desktop/background right click anywhere and then go to 'Personalize' and then select 'Background' in the list on the left, then under 'Choose your picture' click 'Browse' and go select the image you just saved and that should be it done. You can change the settings of the image under 'Choose a fit' too. This is all assuming you've got the same version of Windows as me, which you might not. But it's pretty much the same on all of them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
GYinScuntland
July 13, 2022, 12:43pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Reminds me of when town played Bournemouth and we got booted out of a pub because one of the lads we were with got on their pc and changed the wallpaper to a town pic.

Didn't help that he also locked the computer by changing the password

Haha I bet it's the same person I went to Fengr.. Fengur.. Fengril.. Spain with, he changed every bar's WiFi password to PISSFLAPS.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
Bristol Mariner
July 13, 2022, 12:48pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Some GTFC wallpaper going at No 10, our least famous supporter is moving. Cost £250 a roll, for sale at £0.99.  Boris@gtfc.com

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
July 13, 2022, 2:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from Son of Cod
I can't seem to find an actual image of JMD scoring but if you Google there are some good pics. Maybe one of these two will do...

https://i2-prod.grimsbytelegra.....t-73043-PM-2jpeg.jpg

Right click on one of those and then go to 'Save Image As' and save it somewhere on your computer. Then on your desktop/background right click anywhere and then go to 'Personalize' and then select 'Background' in the list on the left, then under 'Choose your picture' click 'Browse' and go select the image you just saved and that should be it done. You can change the settings of the image under 'Choose a fit' too. This is all assuming you've got the same version of Windows as me, which you might not. But it's pretty much the same on all of them.

Hey man, thanks very much for the input, I'll give it a try.  As for Windows, I'm a dedicated gamer, and just bought a high end PC, and it's running Windows 11.
Reply: 5 - 26
PoutonStepover
July 13, 2022, 5:54pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from 123614

Hey man, thanks very much for the input, I'll give it a try.  As for Windows, I'm a dedicated gamer, and just bought a high end PC, and it's running Windows 11.

Now it’s not very often I hear of a 77 year old dedicated gamer…

What do you play?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 13, 2022, 6:04pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +833
Gold Stars: 117
Theres a few pics that are from moments after the goal went in but I cant find a single one of the moment the ball went in the net.

https://i2-prod.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/article7168386.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/0_JMD.jpg

Probably the best one is this

https://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/resources/images/13854986.jpg

The simplest of ways to make any photo into a wallpaper is to right click it, and then 'set image as Desktop background'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
July 13, 2022, 6:38pm
Guest User
Quoted from PoutonStepover

What do you play?

I play Football Manager and have owned every copy since 1993, I believe it was, when it was called Championship Manager.  Apart from that I just love MMORPG's and have played most of them from EverQuest to WoW and to New World(crap game), waiting now for Ashes of Creation.
Reply: 8 - 26
PoutonStepover
July 13, 2022, 7:38pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from 123614

I play Football Manager and have owned every copy since 1993, I believe it was, when it was called Championship Manager.  Apart from that I just love MMORPG's and have played most of them from EverQuest to WoW and to New World(crap game), waiting now for Ashes of Creation.

Indeed it was! Being a touch under half your age, I’ve been playing since Championship Manager 98/99, I remember playing it for 40 hours straight through on the first day I got it, thinking it was the greatest game I’d ever seen, going to school on Monday morning after being awake for 40 hours wasn’t ideal though.

There’s some very good podcasts online with the creators Paul & Oliver Collyer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 13, 2022, 8:19pm

Brandy Drinker
I go back even further to the ORIGINAL Football Manager, written by Kevin Toms (Addictive Games) when it was released on the ZX Spectrum in 1982
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
arryarryarry
July 13, 2022, 9:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 116
Watch any GTFC video the final for example or any other video  .

Press Print Screen at any point you want.

I save it to a spreadsheet.

Right click and save as picture to a folder.

Locate in folder then right click on it and set as background.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
male private Nale
July 15, 2022, 6:56am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136

Indeed it was! Being a touch under half your age, I’ve been playing since Championship Manager 98/99, I remember playing it for 40 hours straight through on the first day I got it, thinking it was the greatest game I’d ever seen, going to school on Monday morning after being awake for 40 hours wasn’t ideal though.

There’s some very good podcasts online with the creators Paul & Oliver Collyer.

Were they Cambridge fans? I remeber one version they brought out had 2 players for the Cambridge United who smashed the granny out of the leagues with unbelievable stats.

I played from the very first release but the ones I watch my lad play these days are so in depth I would struggle.

I was a great fan of ANCO's Player Manager, Sensible World of Soccer both on the Amiga and prior to that the casette loading Soccer Boss on the spectrum.

Good days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
toontown
July 15, 2022, 7:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,260
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from male private Nale

Were they Cambridge fans? I remeber one version they brought out had 2 players for the Cambridge United who smashed the granny out of the leagues with unbelievable stats.

I played from the very first release but the ones I watch my lad play these days are so in depth I would struggle.

I was a great fan of ANCO's Player Manager, Sensible World of Soccer both on the Amiga and prior to that the casette loading Soccer Boss on the spectrum.

Good days.

Soccer Boss - now there's a blast from the past. I uses to love that one. Found it was often difficult to get it to load (from the old type deck type loader) and it would crash quite frequently too, even when it did. Great game when it worked mind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
gtfc_chris
July 15, 2022, 7:20am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 114
Is there a Champ Man thread anywhere? Just off these few mentions I have a feeling the collective stories and time spent on the game there'd be a 400 page thread populated in a matter of days!  

97/98 was my first intro and nostalgically favourite, but 01/02 winning the overall award as best version for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
jaygy
July 15, 2022, 7:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
LMA manager was my favourite growing up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
August 5, 2022, 12:16pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from jaygy

Good call. I was just reading something totally unrelated (not your comment) and for some reason 'LMA Manager' entered my head. Cracking game. I think it was released for about 6 seasons in the 2000's

There was another footy game back in the 90's, and for the life of me can I remember the name or company who made it, that was more indepth than anything previously, that I would say was more like the forerunner of the original version of Football Manager nowadays.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
gtfc_chris
August 5, 2022, 12:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 114

Good call. I was just reading something totally unrelated (not your comment) and for some reason 'LMA Manager' entered my head. Cracking game. I think it was released for about 6 seasons in the 2000's

There was another footy game back in the 90's, and for the life of me can I remember the name or company who made it, that was more indepth than anything previously, that I would say was more like the forerunner of the original version of Football Manager nowadays.

Wasn't 'FA Premier League Football Manager' was it? Had the PL logo on the box? If so I had this and the best bit about it was the ability to build your ground up but with loads of design options to choose from. You could choose the tier format, roof style, cladding etc. Was never bothered about winning, just building a nice stadium. Hang on.....  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
August 5, 2022, 12:39pm

Brandy Drinker
D&H Games! Bloody hell my brains on overload today. They did plenty of sports simulations. I think I had them all at some point.

Football Director
Cricket Captain
Multi-Player Soccer Manager
International Football
Grand Prix
County Cricket
Championship Golf
Wembley Greyhounds
Football Director II
International Manager
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
August 5, 2022, 12:40pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from gtfc_chris

Wasn't 'FA Premier League Football Manager' was it? Had the PL logo on the box? If so I had this and the best bit about it was the ability to build your ground up but with loads of design options to choose from. You could choose the tier format, roof style, cladding etc. Was never bothered about winning, just building a nice stadium. Hang on.....  

Haha youve just given yourself away!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
August 5, 2022, 12:46pm

Brandy Drinker
Oh, and while Im at it, for those of you who fancy a little bit of nostalgia, you can play Championship Manager : Season 97/98 online, or you can download the WHOLE game, all 6MB of it, yes Megabytes, from here

https://www.myabandonware.com/game/championship-manager-season-97-98-2db
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
Lost in Lincoln
August 6, 2022, 10:52am
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +352
Gold Stars: 7

Football Director?

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 26
Mayaman
August 6, 2022, 11:17am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,397
Gold Stars: 74

What do you play?

shove ha'penny on the monitor, of course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
Pocklington Mariner
August 6, 2022, 11:45am

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +35
Quoted from jaygy

Loved that one too.. managed to find a couple of "cheats" for that game.
Used to use "north and south" and any player would sign for you very little money
Found a ground cheat that built your stand in a day instead of months
And money cheat which put mega millions in the bank.

Football game wise i loved Striker on the Amiga, loved the swerve balls you could pull off with the after touch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
LH
August 6, 2022, 12:05pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,492
Gold Stars: 173
Premier Manager 98 anyone? I had that on PS1. I got into a youtube rabbit hole the other week and the entire (one track) soundtrack is on there. “I want you to go through the season and not lose one match. Anything is possible and we’re going to do it”
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 6, 2022, 12:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Myself and lobsterpot used to play some type of management game on the Amiga (could’ve been Atari st) back in the early 90s. Many a night spent on it

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
August 6, 2022, 1:02pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln

Football Director?

That's the one. By D&H Games. The following year they released Football Director II.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Wallpaper

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.