3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 13, 2022, 8:19pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +839
Gold Stars: 117
I go back even further to the ORIGINAL Football Manager, written by Kevin Toms (Addictive Games) when it was released on the ZX Spectrum in 1982
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
arryarryarry
July 13, 2022, 9:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Watch any GTFC video the final for example or any other video  .

Press Print Screen at any point you want.

I save it to a spreadsheet.

Right click and save as picture to a folder.

Locate in folder then right click on it and set as background.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
male private Nale
July 15, 2022, 6:56am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from PoutonStepover

Indeed it was! Being a touch under half your age, I’ve been playing since Championship Manager 98/99, I remember playing it for 40 hours straight through on the first day I got it, thinking it was the greatest game I’d ever seen, going to school on Monday morning after being awake for 40 hours wasn’t ideal though.

There’s some very good podcasts online with the creators Paul & Oliver Collyer.

Were they Cambridge fans? I remeber one version they brought out had 2 players for the Cambridge United who smashed the granny out of the leagues with unbelievable stats.

I played from the very first release but the ones I watch my lad play these days are so in depth I would struggle.

I was a great fan of ANCO's Player Manager, Sensible World of Soccer both on the Amiga and prior to that the casette loading Soccer Boss on the spectrum.

Good days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
toontown
July 15, 2022, 7:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from male private Nale

Were they Cambridge fans? I remeber one version they brought out had 2 players for the Cambridge United who smashed the granny out of the leagues with unbelievable stats.

I played from the very first release but the ones I watch my lad play these days are so in depth I would struggle.

I was a great fan of ANCO's Player Manager, Sensible World of Soccer both on the Amiga and prior to that the casette loading Soccer Boss on the spectrum.

Good days.

Soccer Boss - now there's a blast from the past. I uses to love that one. Found it was often difficult to get it to load (from the old type deck type loader) and it would crash quite frequently too, even when it did. Great game when it worked mind.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
gtfc_chris
July 15, 2022, 7:20am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 114
Is there a Champ Man thread anywhere? Just off these few mentions I have a feeling the collective stories and time spent on the game there'd be a 400 page thread populated in a matter of days!  

97/98 was my first intro and nostalgically favourite, but 01/02 winning the overall award as best version for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
jaygy
July 15, 2022, 7:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
LMA manager was my favourite growing up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
August 5, 2022, 12:16pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from jaygy
LMA manager was my favourite growing up

Good call. I was just reading something totally unrelated (not your comment) and for some reason 'LMA Manager' entered my head. Cracking game. I think it was released for about 6 seasons in the 2000's

There was another footy game back in the 90's, and for the life of me can I remember the name or company who made it, that was more indepth than anything previously, that I would say was more like the forerunner of the original version of Football Manager nowadays.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
gtfc_chris
August 5, 2022, 12:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 114

Good call. I was just reading something totally unrelated (not your comment) and for some reason 'LMA Manager' entered my head. Cracking game. I think it was released for about 6 seasons in the 2000's

There was another footy game back in the 90's, and for the life of me can I remember the name or company who made it, that was more indepth than anything previously, that I would say was more like the forerunner of the original version of Football Manager nowadays.

Wasn't 'FA Premier League Football Manager' was it? Had the PL logo on the box? If so I had this and the best bit about it was the ability to build your ground up but with loads of design options to choose from. You could choose the tier format, roof style, cladding etc. Was never bothered about winning, just building a nice stadium. Hang on.....  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
August 5, 2022, 12:39pm

Brandy Drinker
D&H Games! Bloody hell my brains on overload today. They did plenty of sports simulations. I think I had them all at some point.

Football Director
Cricket Captain
Multi-Player Soccer Manager
International Football
Grand Prix
County Cricket
Championship Golf
Wembley Greyhounds
Football Director II
International Manager
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
August 5, 2022, 12:40pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from gtfc_chris

Wasn't 'FA Premier League Football Manager' was it? Had the PL logo on the box? If so I had this and the best bit about it was the ability to build your ground up but with loads of design options to choose from. You could choose the tier format, roof style, cladding etc. Was never bothered about winning, just building a nice stadium. Hang on.....  

Haha youve just given yourself away!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Wallpaper

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.