July 8, 2022, 7:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from ginnywings

Surprised he didn't say 'the' p****.

Rehanne Skinner (Spurs women)  said to Bignot (Birmingham women) during the match: “F**k off Marcus, you’re a p***k and you always have been.”
His riposte was “Maybe if you had a bit of p***k in you and in your life, then maybe you’d be better for it and at your job.”
He gets suspended, 7 match ban and his clubs sacks him.
She gets........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 61
male private Nale
July 8, 2022, 7:53am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from GrimPol

Rehanne Skinner (Spurs women)  said to Bignot (Birmingham women) during the match: “F**k off Marcus, you’re a p***k and you always have been.”
His riposte was “Maybe if you had a bit of p***k in you and in your life, then maybe you’d be better for it and at your job.”
She gets........

Touch line banter during the heat of the game, obviously the thought police can’t let this happen in this maligned patriarchal establishment that is football. Well not unless it’s a woman directing it to a man
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 61
aldi_01
July 8, 2022, 7:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
But he’s got previous, and he is a sharp object…statement of fact probably means it’s hard to charge her…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 61
Poojah
July 8, 2022, 8:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,583
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from GrimPol

She gets........

Let me be clear, I think Marcus Bignot is an idiot who routinely fails to engage his brain before opening his mouth, and in general I think it’s a positive thing that it’s no longer acceptable to take aim at someone’s race, gender, sexuality and so on.

But if that’s the kind of exchange that’s fit to see someone lose their job, it’s a very slippery slope we’re heading down.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 61
Zmariner
July 8, 2022, 8:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Idiotic comment by Marcus. Not a great comment by the lady. Does he really deserve to be hung out to dry so dramatically. Not for me, telling off re-education but don’t destroy his livelihood for it. I am sure that most of us have replied to somebody pointing out something that we incorrectly perceive as a weakness in them because we think it is a smart reply. Nothing to be proud of in heat of the moment But we probably didn’t lose our jobs and our livelihood from it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 61
male private Nale
July 8, 2022, 8:41am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from aldi_01
But he’s got previous, and he is a sharp object…statement of fact probably means it’s hard to charge her…

Statements of fact like the colour of a persons skin... let’s see how far you get hurling those statements of fact around!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 61
GrimPol
July 8, 2022, 9:18am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Zmariner
Idiotic comment by Marcus. Not a great comment by the lady. Does he really deserve to be hung out to dry so dramatically. Not for me, telling off re-education but don’t destroy his livelihood for it. I am sure that most of us have replied to somebody pointing out something that we incorrectly perceive as a weakness in them because we think it is a smart reply. Nothing to be proud of in heat of the moment But we probably didn’t lose our jobs and our livelihood from it.

I would put it under provocation.
She starts it off then puts up a shield called misogyny/homophobia/racial, take your pick, and Bignot's on a loser.
Might finish his total career, who will employ him in football?  I bet they were Hi Fiving it at Spurs. It's getting worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 61
aldi_01
July 8, 2022, 9:21am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from male private Nale

Statements of fact like the colour of a persons skin... let’s see how far you get hurling those statements of fact around!

My comment was sarcasm…I think personally both should’ve received a consequence but I suspect they’ve highlighted the sexism in Bignots comments…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 61
GrimPol
July 8, 2022, 9:23am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

My comment was sarcasm…I think personally both should’ve received a consequence but I suspect they’ve highlighted the sexism in Bignots comments…

He was done for homophobia, she is a Lesbian.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 61
ginnywings
July 8, 2022, 11:02am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
Fenty employed some nice chaps didn't he?

Newell
Bignot
Holloway

Who said due diligence at the back?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Marcus Bignot

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.