3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
July 6, 2022, 7:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,183
Gold Stars: 259
As we head into the first pre season game on Saturday I was just wondering what people's most emotional moment of the season ? Not counting the Play offs obvs

Mine was the speech and minutes silence before the Weymouth game I welled up , the feeling at that game was like no other for me
Private Message
Bristol Mariner
July 6, 2022, 7:30pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Seeing Towm at Torquay, first game since Covid for me

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 23
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
July 6, 2022, 7:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
The generosity of Town fans.

I’m as hard and stony as Newarkmariner but even I had a hint of eye rain.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
thefish
July 6, 2022, 7:55pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from It Bites
As we head into the first pre season game on Saturday I was just wondering what people's most emotional moment of the season ? Not counting the Play offs obvs

Mine was the speech and minutes silence before the Weymouth game I welled up , the feeling at that game was like no other for me

Taking my lad to his first away game at Notts County (the league game in February) and seeing Town come from behind to score a last minute winner.

Let's face it, it's rare you see them... isn't it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
Poojah
July 6, 2022, 7:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,426
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from It Bites

You’re gonna get some red crosses on account of your “in bound” shenanigans, but it’s a decent shout for a thread this.

Definitely the speech and minutes applause before the Weymouth game. There can’t have been many who didn’t well up for that. That was by far the longest time I’d been away from BP since the first time I had walked through her gates as a seven year old, and with so much having gone on in between, it was impossible not to feel emotional.

But that Wrexham game at home on the Tuesday night is definitely an honourable mention. I nearly didn’t go; it was a shítty day weather-wise, I was up to my eye balls with work and I wasn’t sure if I fancied the three and a half hour return trip knowing I had a 6am start the next day.

But then seeing the constant updates on Twitter about the number of tickets sold, I realised about half four in the afternoon that I couldn’t miss this. So I downed tools, told the wife and kids they wouldn’t be seeing me that night and got my árse in the car, and I was so glad I did. Great game, great atmosphere and seeing BP full with a packed and noisy away end for the first time in so, so long was just brilliant and an emotional reminder of why we do this.

The roar after Max Wright’s goal at the death will live forever in the memory for me.

Other than the the three play-off games, which trump most things I’ve witnessed as a Town fan, I think only Stockport at home gets close to that Wrexham game. Another brilliant and breathtaking match which went against all odds prior to the Sarcevic sending off.

Regrettably missed the Notts Count away game in the league so I can’t add that last minute winner to my list, but it was definitely a season of fantastic and memorable moments, almost like no other following Town. Only 97/98 can even enter the conversation in my memory of following Town.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
ginnywings
July 6, 2022, 8:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Hunts last minute free kick against Barnet, after coming back from 1-3 down.

The sign of a good side is one that keeps going right to the end. Successful sides always seem to score last minute winners and after what had gone before with the village idiot, I knew right then we had a proper team back at BP.

Last minute winners became a theme of the season as we all know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 23
It Bites
July 6, 2022, 8:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

You’re gonna get some red crosses on account of your “in bound” shenanigans, but it’s a decent shout for a thread this.

Definitely the speech and minutes applause before the Weymouth game. There can’t have been many who didn’t well up for that. That was by far the longest time I’d been away from BP since the first time I had walked through her gates as a seven year old, and with so much having gone on in between, it was impossible not to feel emotional.

But that Wrexham game at home on the Tuesday night is definitely an honourable mention. I nearly didn’t go; it was a shítty day weather-wise, I was up to my eye balls with work and I wasn’t sure if I fancied the three and a half hour return trip knowing I had a 6am start the next day.

But then seeing the constant updates on Twitter about the number of tickets sold, I realised about half four in the afternoon that I couldn’t miss this. So I downed tools, told the wife and kids they wouldn’t be seeing me that night and got my árse in the car, and I was so glad I did. Great game, great atmosphere and seeing BP full with a packed and noisy away end for the first time in so, so long was just brilliant and an emotional reminder of why we do this.

The roar after Max Wright goal at the death will live forever in the memory for me.

Other than the the three play-off games, which trump most things I’ve witnessed as a Town fan, I think only Stockport at home gets close to that Wrexham game. Another brilliant and breathtaking match which went against all odds prior to the Sarcevic sending off.

Regrettably missed the Notts Count away game in the league so I can’t add that last minute winner to my list, but it was definitely a season of fantastic and memorable moments, almost like no other following Town. Only 97/98 can even  enter the conversation in my memory following Town.

I know mate . My sense of humour is a bit off at times
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 23
It Bites
July 6, 2022, 8:32pm
Champagne Drinker
The generosity of Town fans.

I’m as hard and stony as Newarkmariner but even I had a hint of eye rain.

That fund raiser for the play off final was incredible.. it caught me by surprise. Grimsby certainly has some kind people
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
marinerjase
July 6, 2022, 8:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,636
Gold Stars: 147
Good question..a few things stand out..the Barnet home game..a true sense of a new beginning..rid of the past..decent crowd, a feel good atmosphere..so much so that no negative voices were heard despite trailing..that turnaround that day I still feel was significant.

The Wrexham game as mentioned above, had the feel of a proper ‘league’ game..emotionally wise the first home game in the New Year..I missed the Notts C and Halifax home games as couldn’t face going after a family bereavement,  and going back was a bit hard emotionally wise just getting out the house.

Stockport home game -.I’ll never forget that day..re the above my way of coping was to try to do something positive, and with the help of AussieMariner who did it with me - and a quite frankly ridiculous show of support from some I know and plenty I don’t - managed to raise over £3k for MacMillan. Set off from Hull and walked to Blundell Park - 29 miles. We then beat the league leaders , another huge momentum change during and after game - and funniest thing was I had to walk another 3.5 miles home after. 😂

Biggest regret?? Not being able to attend any of the play off games..due to work..watched on tv but just not the same.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
aldi_01
July 6, 2022, 9:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The Wrexham game was mega. A few lads getting leary outside the blundell, good atmosphere, night time, goal down and then an excellent performance. Great night.

Barnet at home was excellent, Torquay away and then Stockport at home. Had everything and then orphan boy at Docks on the evening…

The playoff games will probably never be trumped for me and I’m still contemplating writing a short book about it but league wise the games I’ve suggested probably stick in the memory. Special shout to Weymouth, I’ve never not stepped foot in BP for that long since I first went in 1990…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Emotional Season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.