3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
IrishMariner
July 6, 2022, 9:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +613
Gold Stars: 19
Altrincham away was my first Town game in six years. I was blessed to see all playoff games live but that first 60 minutes  in October was absolutely sensational.

Some brilliant moments from listening to games this year too, I remember being on an unbelievable buzz after Chesterfield away, so many late winners this year lead to joyous Saturday evenings!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
TheultimateMariner
July 6, 2022, 10:02pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +429
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from IrishMariner
Altrincham away was my first Town game in six years. I was blessed to see all playoff games live but that first 60 minutes  in October was absolutely sensational.

Some brilliant moments from listening to games this year too, I remember being on an unbelievable buzz after Chesterfield away, so many late winners this year lead to joyous Saturday evenings!

I’ve said to my misses who I went to the game with that evening that it was one of my favourite league games, we would have beat them 6/7-0 if not for the stupid sending off. Her favourite part was the town fans singing “He’s gonna cry in a minute” to Tony Thompson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
toontown
July 6, 2022, 10:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,274
Gold Stars: 70
Cant pick just one, I think Barnet at home last minute winner just sneaks Wrexham at home, definitely notts county away was the best away game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
DB
July 7, 2022, 4:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386
Every game we win puts me on a high, but JMD's goal and promotion set me up for over a week.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
Jarmo.Is.God
July 7, 2022, 8:29am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Taking my 6 year old to the Final was a core memory for sure, one i'll tell him about in years to come when he's going to the matches with his friends instead of me!

When JMD scored, he grabbed me, hugged me, and said 'WE did it dad'
It was only his 3rd ever game, and had little interest in his first 2 (although he was a bit younger)

Then throw me a tissue, this Monday, getting in the car to take him to school, he says:
'Dad, when can we go to another stadium to watch Grimsby'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
devs
July 7, 2022, 9:21am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 30
Has to be first home game - that was a really special and emotional day
It transcended football
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
Son of Cod
July 7, 2022, 10:25am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Bristol Mariner
Seeing Towm at Torquay, first game since Covid for me

Yeah mine too. After the disappointment of the COVID season and going down, then having a Bromley ticket for the opening match only for it to be postponed...I was actually in two minds about Torquay but then that mad Barnet 4-3 match happened and the next day I booked a very expensive day return to Torquay but it was worth every penny of that because that was the first day in such a long long time that it felt to me like we truly had our club back. I think it might have been the match that the Who's that team we call chant really came into its own too for the first time?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
marinerdazza
July 7, 2022, 10:53am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
The Weymouth game generally. There were a few times I genuinely worried I’d never step foot in BP again. The win, although the performance wasn’t particularly remarkable, seemed so important, and poignant. Even the weather was great.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
newarkmariner
July 7, 2022, 5:54pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
The generosity of Town fans.

I’m as hard and stony as Newarkmariner but even I had a hint of eye rain.

Hard and Stony !!!!! i have a soft gentle inner
i too felt differing emotions throughout the season from joy of being able to sit with my family and friends again at a football match,the utter pride in the way the fans rallied together too raise a tremendous amount off money,and finally yes i cried !!!! with laughter as the great unwashed from Glumford Park took our place in the Bananarama league.UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
Mayaman
July 7, 2022, 6:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
Second place was me not getting a home shirt.  Will have buggered off abroad by the time the next batch come in.  What else in is on offer in the club shop leaves a little to be desired.

First place was obviously the ticket funding campaign.  Especially, when I read that Wrexham and Notts County fans (among others) chipped in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Emotional Season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.