blundellpork
July 3, 2022, 3:56pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,666
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from forza ivano

yes we did. Don't think Ogbu played in the Chelsea game, but he was recalled for the Exeter game on the Saturday where he was (along with a few others) brilliant, in a superb team performance

As with most things Ogbu was neither of the extremes described here. He was capable of being very good, but they were fleeting glimpses. He certainly wasn't the worst forward we've had. There's long list much more mediocre names from 20-21 and the non league wilderness years

Agree that Ogbu played really well in that away game at Exeter.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 40
pontoonlew
July 4, 2022, 7:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Hagrid

oh yeah lets just forget James Morton, Virgil Gomis, Ira Jackson, Montel Gibson and all the other flipping dross Holloway signed and got us relegated with

ffs

James Morton is on trial with Notts County, god bless them
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 40
diehardmariner
July 4, 2022, 11:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Was it Mansfield away, early on in Holloway's reign, where we went down to 10-men and Ogbu absolutely battered their backline?

He certainly isn't or wasn't shite.  Erratic, unpredictable and frustrating perhaps.  But shite?  Not for me.  
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 40
mariner91
July 4, 2022, 11:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,726
Gold Stars: 262
He wasn’t even the worst player in that squad, let alone the worst in 20 years or whatever the original quote was.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 40
Abdul19
July 4, 2022, 3:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,577
Gold Stars: 218
Aye. He wasn't even the worst striker we signed that window!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 40
toontown
July 4, 2022, 6:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Ogbu was highly inconsistent, not just between matches and within matches but within the same move, doing the difficult thing well then making a pigs ear of an easy pass or shot or similar. Dreadfully frustrating rather than simply dreadful. Certainly carried a lot more threat than Matt Green.

I thought he was alright in that game against Mansfield but didn't Holloway, after ogbu had gone, say that he was unable or unwilling to follow his instructions in that match and he didn't play for us after that. Or I might be mixing that up with something else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
Northbank Mariner
July 4, 2022, 7:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from toontown
Ogbu was highly inconsistent, not just between matches and within matches but within the same move, doing the difficult thing well then making a pigs ear of an easy pass or shot or similar. Dreadfully frustrating rather than simply dreadful. Certainly carried a lot more threat than Matt Green.

I thought he was alright in that game against Mansfield but didn't Holloway, after ogbu had gone, say that he was unable or unwilling to follow his instructions in that match and he didn't play for us after that. Or I might be mixing that up with something else.

The southern twit ( I can't say, or even type his name) said Moses was not supposed "to do that"...not sure what "that" was, but he wasn't supposed to do it, then let him go stating he "was homesick"...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 40
jamesgtfc
July 4, 2022, 7:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

The southern twit ( I can't say, or even type his name) said Moses was not supposed "to do that"...not sure what "that" was, but he wasn't supposed to do it, then let him go stating he "was homesick"...

I recall the southern twit criticising the other players for not looking out for him too but this article implies Ogbu thought he should play and the southern twit didn't want him:

[url]https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=37066[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 40
Maringer
July 4, 2022, 9:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,649
Gold Stars: 189
I suspect it was one of Holloway's earliest lies after joining the club. Lots of guff about Ogbu suffering from homesickness, not being happy, not 'One of my boys' (or somesuch nonsense). Just didn't want to be honest and admit he didn't want him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 40
ginnywings
July 4, 2022, 9:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Maringer
I suspect it was one of Holloway's earliest lies after joining the club. Lots of guff about Ogbu suffering from homesickness, not being happy, not 'One of my boys' (or somesuch nonsense). Just didn't want to be honest and admit he didn't want him.

Because he had all these exciting young strikers queueing up to join us. Gomis, Morton, Jackson Jr, Sissay and the baby gender reveal party guy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Joey Jones

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.