Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It all feels…
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 181 Guests

It all feels…

This thread currently has 6,775 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Kris2
July 2, 2022, 2:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Joe Bunney on trial there.
As barrel scrapings go ...

Be a bit of desperation if they sign him. He hadn't played hardly any football for a couple of years before he signed for us and had just got back into it with Hartlepool after a long layoff with injury and it doesn't look like he's played all that much last season either. As far as I can tell he hasn't kicked a ball since December.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 47
BenBB
July 2, 2022, 5:42pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
Are you sure it's not Boro Under 10s beating the Scunts?

To be fair they made a bit of a comeback 3-2 in the next half, still lost though 😉

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 47
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 2, 2022, 6:13pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +839
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from BenBB

To be fair they made a bit of a comeback 3-2 in the next half, still lost though 😉

So it was the under 10s then lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 47
FPVmariner
July 2, 2022, 7:42pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 23
I actually feel sorry for the genuine Scunny fans, they’ve had a few years of punching well above their weight but the aftermath could well be oblivion.  For fans who turn out no matter what that’s a crying shame.  At least they used to ‘turn up’ at Blundell Park unlike the gimps.

Okay, that’s my empathy tank well and truly empty, fùck em.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 47
thefish
July 2, 2022, 7:53pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
I'd laugh my mammaries off if those 'yoofs' who damaged the training pitch turned out to be fans of another team, Lincoln, Town or even Gainsborough lol

The ‘youths’ who are damaging it are probably just their current team attempting shooting practice what with their ages and ability!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 47
ginnywings
July 2, 2022, 7:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Kris2

Be a bit of desperation if they sign him. He hadn't played hardly any football for a couple of years before he signed for us and had just got back into it with Hartlepool after a long layoff with injury and it doesn't look like he's played all that much last season either. As far as I can tell he hasn't kicked a ball since December.

Wouldn't call it desperation. He's had a rough time lately, but is 28 and played a good portion of his career in League 1. If he can get his fitness and form back, he'll be a decent signing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 47
toontown
July 2, 2022, 8:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from ginnywings

Wouldn't call it desperation. He's had a rough time lately, but is 28 and played a good portion of his career in League 1. If he can get his fitness and form back, he'll be a decent signing.

Yeah but in a desperately poor Town team he stood out as worse than most, although that may have been due to health issues if I remember rightly, so having thought about it maybe you are right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 47
ginnywings
July 2, 2022, 8:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from toontown

Yeah but in a desperately poor Town team he stood out as worse than most, although that may have been due to health issues if I remember rightly, so having thought about it maybe you are right.

I'm just saying that with regular football, he may get his form back and that form saw him play at a higher level for many seasons. He may not of course, but we have taken a punt on players in the past and had good outcomes from some.

PH thought he was good enough to give a chance to, but as you say, his health issues put paid to his time here.

Wouldn't surprise me if PH was asked about him by Hill and gave him a good report.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 47
Mariner_09
July 2, 2022, 9:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
You can debate the pros and cons of signing Bunney all you like but the reality is Scunny have signed one player so far this window and now have a lad on trial who has barely played for 18 months and was outstandingly poor in an absolutely abominably poor team 18 months ago. We know how competitive and hard to beat some of those lower level NL teams are, let alone the Wrexhams and Solihulls of this the world. I’d be surprised if they made the top half, and certainly wouldn’t be shocked if they went straight through.

On another note, I read today Lincoln are in bother, owners are making all the signings, and isn’t a happy camp at all, have pulled the funding owing to losses of £4m last financial year. Could we swap places with them? I think so.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 47
mariner91
July 2, 2022, 9:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,641
Gold Stars: 261
You read that on Twitter, I wouldn’t take it as gospel. I hardly feel that their chairman will have gone from working miracles to suddenly dictating which players are signed.

Having said that, they’ve lost some of their better players and the players they’ve signed aren’t exactly world beaters. Coupled with a bizarre managerial choice after being turned down by their first choice and I wouldn’t be too surprised to see them in a relegation battle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It all feels…

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.