ginnywings
July 3, 2022, 4:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from toontown
On the orient forum they keep referring to Khan as being a CM player so maybe he played there for them at least some of the time and is an option there for us? Perhaps Odear can clarify if he is still lurking?

PH says he has brought him in as a winger, which they both say is his best position.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 75
Madeleymariner
July 3, 2022, 5:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
If his shooting is so good why doesn't he score 20 a season  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 75
WelwynGardener
July 3, 2022, 5:55pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 6
Seems to me that both Wearne and Khan are predominantly right footers. Are they competing for the same slot? Do we have a left-sided midfielder/winger with a predominantly left foot delivery-or this Glennon pushed forward with Amos at the back?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 75
Superdan147
July 3, 2022, 6:29pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
Otis Khan is a winger , that’s the position he did so well for Yeovil , and also Mansfield. That’s the position he’s coming here for, right winger to create, assist and score. He’s said thats his best position and Paul hurst agreed. It’s a credit to his ability and versatility he’s played other roles (wing back, central midfield) at other clubs but in doing so, he hasn’t produced the same goal/assist return as he did 4/5 years ago. We just don’t know how this signing, or any signing will turn out but IF hes played in his favoured position and rediscovers that form on his Yeovil days particular, we have a real player on our hands, I’ve seen him 3/4 times first hand and always impressed, his stats back that up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 75
AidansArmy99
July 4, 2022, 2:19am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -30
Quoted from quebec38
Clifton
Wearne

McAtee

Khan
JM-D

*and potentially Scannell

I guess we might be set for the three positions behind Taylor now. I don’t know much about Khan or Wearne but it sounds like they can cover anywhere across there too.

Hope we crack on now in central midfield.

Squad is shaping up really nicely.

Can't forget Holohan aha

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 75
Jarmo.Is.God
July 4, 2022, 12:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from WelwynGardener
Seems to me that both Wearne and Khan are predominantly right footers. Are they competing for the same slot? Do we have a left-sided midfielder/winger with a predominantly left foot delivery-or this Glennon pushed forward with Amos at the back?

I think days of having a left footer on the left, and right footer on the right are very much irrelevant these days.
They change sides during the game anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Otis Khan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.