forza ivano
July 1, 2022, 11:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,280
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from moosey_club
We are his tenth club...as a 26yr old...that's more than one club per year of his professional career.
That doesn't inspire confidence in me that this could be a long term success....however be glad to be proved wrong

Edit.....mind you if he plays more than about 70mins then he will be an improvement on Grant so ......good signing.

i tend to agree with you Moosey. I was thinking that watching Amos develop would be 1 of the interesting sub plots of the season, but now we've got 2 flawed wingers to watch. The unfit JMD v the perennial underachiever Khan (i jest)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 75
jamesgtfc
July 2, 2022, 12:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,040
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from moosey_club
We are his tenth club...as a 26yr old...that's more than one club per year of his professional career.
That doesn't inspire confidence in me that this could be a long term success....however be glad to be proved wrong

Edit.....mind you if he plays more than about 70mins then he will be an improvement on Grant so ......good signing.

Until he joined Yeovil he was just a young lad finding his way. So since joining Yeovil in 2016, we are his 6th club. Mansfield paid an undisclosed fee for him in 2018, he spent 2 years there but got sent on loan to Newport in January 2020. He only managed 5 games but Covid halted that season remember. Tranmere in for the 2020-21 season and they offered him a deal last summer which he rejected. He didn't play much for Walsall but he played 3 full games on the spin before he left for Orient, hardly the kind of thing a manager does to someone he needs gone due to attitude problems.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 75
forza ivano
July 2, 2022, 12:23am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,280
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Until he joined Yeovil he was just a young lad finding his way. So since joining Yeovil in 2016, we are his 6th club. Mansfield paid an undisclosed fee for him in 2018, he spent 2 years there but got sent on loan to Newport in January 2020. He only managed 5 games but Covid halted that season remember. Tranmere in for the 2020-21 season and they offered him a deal last summer which he rejected. He didn't play much for Walsall but he played 3 full games on the spin before he left for Orient, hardly the kind of thing a manager does to someone he needs gone due to attitude problems.

except that the story is that he screwed up re the tranmere deal, used walsall to get fit  & get playing again,, and then fecked off to orient as soon as it suited him
as i said I reserve judgement. the saving grace is that I'm sure he will be out the the door pdq if he is a bad apple
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 75
HertsGTFC
July 2, 2022, 6:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,988
Gold Stars: 228
Appears to be a good signing and it feels like Hurst is getting the players he is going for rather than the ones in the markdown section.

Just a ball playing CM now and we’ll be good to start the season, that said I’d expect a couple more incoming.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 75
wiggers
July 2, 2022, 8:22am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +474
Gold Stars: 11
Anyone else think he looks a bit like Ivano Bonetti?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 75
Croxton
July 2, 2022, 8:58am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Appears to be a good signing and it feels like Hurst is getting the players he is going for rather than the ones in the markdown section.

Just a ball playing CM now and we’ll be good to start the season, that said I’d expect a couple more incoming.

It's the priority as I see it. We have to be able to ' play through the thirds ' and manage games more effectively this year. Holohan can pick a pass but he hasn't Harry's athleticism and vice versa. Someone in the Alex Hunt mould would be a good fit.

A loan signing for such a crucial role is too risky after what happened last January so an up and coming young 'un on a two year contract might add energy to the midfield.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 75
vinno69
July 2, 2022, 9:10am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +57
A Mansfield supporting friend says Otis will our player of the season, if his head is right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 75
Maringer
July 2, 2022, 9:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,659
Gold Stars: 189
I'd actually say that Holohan isn't the best at picking a pass and, in fact, coughs up possession a little too often. However, his athleticism and strength helped to secure central midfield especially when Fox came back from his injury and he's got goals in him as well. It sounds as though Khan is more of a ball player than either Holohan or Clifton so it will be interesting to see what sort of combination or formation Hurst intends to play. Is Khan going to be played out wide or in a central 3?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 75
quebec38
July 2, 2022, 9:33am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
I thought we would maybe see Wearne McAtee and Clifton behind Taylor at the start of the season but I don’t think we could have signed Khan as a back-up, although we all know Hurst has the nuts to leave players out if they aren’t performing. So I think it will be Wearne/Clifton - McAtee - Khan now.

I think we have finally found Clifton’s best position. He really seemed to crack that offensive whilst still defensive, wide position last season towards the end. Possibly helped by Hurst releasing the shackles a touch during the last couple of months. He started getting in to the box more than ever whilst fulfilling defensive duties behind and central too all whilst on his wrong side. I won’t lie I don’t like the idea of him in a central two unless needs must.

As for Holohan, I hope we haven’t seen the best of him yet. He was steady but let’s be honest, Fox played like 10 men through the play-offs which made it easier for him. His best attribute so far has been scoring goals. I’m not against Holohan in the two but he needs an outstanding partner IMO. He should be a good squad player at worst, but I am hoping for two very good central midfield additions still which for me is more important now than any other position. I would like to see another centre forward to push Taylor and Orsi but I think we can get away with that more than we can the middle of the midfield. I don’t think we will, but if we start the season with Holohan partnering Clifton, it won’t see us reach our full potential this year.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 75
Tommy
July 2, 2022, 9:36am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Maringer
I'd actually say that Holohan isn't the best at picking a pass and, in fact, coughs up possession a little too often. However, his athleticism and strength helped to secure central midfield especially when Fox came back from his injury and he's got goals in him as well. It sounds as though Khan is more of a ball player than either Holohan or Clifton so it will be interesting to see what sort of combination or formation Hurst intends to play. Is Khan going to be played out wide or in a central 3?

I agree Holohan isn't the incisive passer, more in the Disley mould of box-to-box and gets goals (only he looks capable of lashing them in from distance as well).

With Khan, I think Hurst has said he sees him as a wide player, which would indicate he will play in either of the wider roles of the 3 players behind the striker (in our 4231).

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Otis Khan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.