4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Gainsbro_Mariner
May 24, 2022, 7:24am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
What an absolutely brilliant night to be a Mariner, and a brilliant night to take along my youngest for her first game. One of the most professional performances I have seen from a Town team in my 30 + years of supporting them, with the penalty only being a blip on what was a measured victory. Every single one of them worked their socks off out there, Fox was sublime, put himself about and ran himself into the ground all evening. Waterfall and Smith I can't remember how many vital blocks they made but it seemed between them and Crocombe they were like a wall all evening.

It would have been a bitter pill to swallow had we have gone out last night as we were easily the better side and played some lovely stuff. I just want to say thanks to the lady who sat in front of us who broke out the emergency Haribo when it got all a little bit too much for my little one as Notts County were about to snatch victory, it was certainly worth a late night for her in the end she says.

Enjoy today Mariners

UTM

Roll on Saturday

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
RonMariner
May 24, 2022, 7:38am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +41 / -7
Approval: +12,948
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
What an absolutely brilliant night to be a Mariner, and a brilliant night to take along my youngest for her first game. One of the most professional performances I have seen from a Town team in my 30 + years of supporting them, with the penalty only being a blip on what was a measured victory. Every single one of them worked their socks off out there, Fox was sublime, put himself about and ran himself into the ground all evening. Waterfall and Smith I can't remember how many vital blocks they made but it seemed between them and Crocombe they were like a wall all evening.

It would have been a bitter pill to swallow had we have gone out last night as we were easily the better side and played some lovely stuff. I just want to say thanks to the lady who sat in front of us who broke out the emergency Haribo when it got all a little bit too much for my little one as Notts County were about to snatch victory, it was certainly worth a late night for her in the end she says.

Enjoy today Mariners

UTM

Roll on Saturday

A truly unforgettable night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 38
toontown
May 24, 2022, 8:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,143
Gold Stars: 69
The morning after the night before - what a game! What a comeback! Delirious!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 38
Rodley Mariner
May 24, 2022, 8:53am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,211
Gold Stars: 176
Me and my lads all woken up high as kites still. Fox was clear man of the match but Erico Sousa deserves huge credit. Who thought he'd play 120 minutes and he did his defensive work brilliantly. Might have still been the lack of end product but he got us up the pitch and put them on the backfoot especially in extra time. Just been on a Notts forum and someone was saying they should tey to buy him to bring some steel to their midfield  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 38
TownSNAFU5
May 24, 2022, 9:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,760
Gold Stars: 41
All heroes and worked extremely hard.  Some individual players rightly got special praise.

I would like to highlight 2 players who have some criticism.  Crocombe was very solid and reliable all night. He did not make any spectacular saves (he did not need to). He did not make any errors, in a critical game with a big crowd against him.

Waterfall made that header at the end.  He also covered a lot of ground quickly to make a key tackle when their player was running at our goal.  Such determination.

We have a free hit on Sat. Glasgow Rangers have showed this season what team spirit, determination and sheer hard work can do against the odds.  Technically, we have won our last 3 playoff matches - all away from BP.  2 after ET, without the lottery of pens.  Braintree the other.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 38
toontown
May 24, 2022, 9:02am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,143
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Me and my lads all woken up high as kites still. Fox was clear man of the match but Erico Sousa deserves huge credit. Who thought he'd play 120 minutes and he did his defensive work brilliantly. Might have still been the lack of end product but he got us up the pitch and put them on the backfoot especially in extra time. Just been on a Notts forum and someone was saying they should tey to buy him to bring some steel to their midfield  

Haha! They must have a very unsteely midfield then!

But yeah he had a great game in terms of being that out ball in tight situations and getting us up the pitch. He even got a shot on target at the near post towards the end (I think)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 38
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 24, 2022, 10:33am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +6,891
Gold Stars: 280
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I had to read this twice to make sure you were still talking about Sousa! If he's going to add steel to their midfield their players must have been sh*tting themselves when Fox and Holohan were flying into tackles (and McAtee, who nearly put the full back into the stand early on).

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 38
HertsGTFC
May 24, 2022, 10:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,555
Gold Stars: 217
No big names, no big fees and according to that bell chopper Adam Virgo they had the most technically gifted player in the NL.

What we’ve got is a manager who knows what he’s doing, complete unity, team spirit, guts, heart, desire, work ethic and a group of players that don’t want to let anyone down. Last night was a great illustration of that long may it continue!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 38
blackandwhitelaces
May 24, 2022, 10:49am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +152
Where Grimsby ....WE DONT GIVE UP  ..😀😀

made in cleethorpes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 38
RonMariner
May 24, 2022, 11:30am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +41 / -7
Approval: +12,948
Gold Stars: 216
Think we need to get Fox signed up for next year before someone else does.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 38
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Last Night

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.