May 12, 2022, 5:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,528
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from GrimPol

Sex with a minor is "Statutory Rape".
I understand the sequence of events as what happened to MJ. Nevertheless, it is what it is.
My point was that people who absolutely know nothing about a case, post blackening comments about a person's character.
Obviously, you beg to differ.

Oh c'mon, there's splitting hairs then there's this...to state "a convicted rapist" in the tone in which you used had nothing to do with the MJ facts of conviction...now if you'd said "we employed someone convicted of statutory rape, through no fault of his own" that wouldn't have my alarm bells ringing.
Now, I can tell you their now sacked manager was renowned for bullying and misogyny, so I'm not in the least surprised what's now come out...where as MJ was a decent bloke, just like to swear a lot when he thought the microphones were off!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
GrimPol
May 12, 2022, 5:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -752
Gold Stars: 75
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Oh c'mon, there's splitting hairs then there's this...to state "a convicted rapist" in the tone in which you used had nothing to do with the MJ facts of conviction...now if you'd said "we employed someone convicted of statutory rape, through no fault of his own" that wouldn't have my alarm bells ringing.
Now, I can tell you their now sacked manager was renowned for bullying and misogyny, so I'm not in the least surprised what's now come out...where as MJ was a decent bloke, just like to swear a lot when he thought the microphones were off!!

I believe people who have done their "time" so to speak, should be able to carry on within society.
MJ was thin-skinned, not something you need as a footy manager, and the way he was caught out, shows BBC RH in a poor light. Snidey or what? For a well-educated man, he forgot what utter poo media people are. Having said that, he didn't have to go, I guess JF used it as an excuse.
I personally warmed to him, and I don't think JF backed him properly. I think he would have done well if he stayed.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
jamesgtfc
May 12, 2022, 5:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,027
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from GrimPol

MJ was thin-skinned, not something you need as a footy manager, and the way he was caught out, shows BBC RH in a poor light. Snidey or what? For a well-educated man, he forgot what utter poo media people are. Having said that, he didn't have to go, I guess JF used it as an excuse.
I personally warmed to him, and I don't think JF backed him properly. I think he would have done well if he stayed.

It's not just RH who have access to equipment that can record sound in the press room. I mean, most people in there have a mobile phone capable of doing so and there is a possibility that it could have been recorded by someone employed by the club at that time.

What kind of swearer are you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
arryarryarry
May 12, 2022, 6:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,033
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from GrimPol

I believe people who have done their "time" so to speak, should be able to carry on within society.

Why does it show BBC RH in poor light, it was recorded by someone else.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
GrimPol
May 12, 2022, 7:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

It's not just RH who have access to equipment that can record sound in the press room. I mean, most people in there have a mobile phone capable of doing so and there is a possibility that it could have been recorded by someone employed by the club at that time.

What kind of swearer are you?

As far as I'm aware, he was in the presence of BBC RH personnel only. I mean sound recorders etc not just commentators.
Besides the heavy swearing, he steamed off about budgets, which JF would have been upset about.
If people listen in through keyholes, which this was, then that's what you'll get. Nothing was illegal on what he said, so nothing should have happened.
JF was variable on what was correct and proper practice. He got upset with MJ swearing in a private conversation, but it was OK to discuss business with known shysters.
What kind of swearer am I? Out of ear of women, children, and public. There is no need for it, as it soils relations.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
GrimPol
May 12, 2022, 7:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Why does it show BBC RH in poor light, it was recorded by someone else.

Who recorded him?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
jamesgtfc
May 12, 2022, 7:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

As far as I'm aware, he was in the presence of BBC RH personnel only. I mean sound recorders etc not just commentators.
Besides the heavy swearing, he steamed off about budgets, which JF would have been upset about.
If people listen in through keyholes, which this was, then that's what you'll get. Nothing was illegal on what he said, so nothing should have happened.
JF was variable on what was correct and proper practice. He got upset with MJ swearing in a private conversation, but it was OK to discuss business with known shysters.
What kind of swearer am I? Out of ear of women, children, and public. There is no need for it, as it soils relations.

As far as I'm aware there wasn't just BBC employees present in the press room when Jolley came storming in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
RonMariner
May 12, 2022, 7:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,771
Gold Stars: 226
The devil, or not, is in the detail.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
GrimPol
May 12, 2022, 7:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

As far as I'm aware there wasn't just BBC employees present in the press room when Jolley came storming in.

The transcript mentions David Burns, Matt Dean, Gwilym Lloyd, and John Tondeur in the room.
Who was with MJ I don't know, but there are unspecified techies in the room?

I believe it was a 'phone recording, hence there was premeditation. So who/why the recording.....?
We will never know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
jamesgtfc
May 12, 2022, 8:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

The transcript mentions David Burns, Matt Dean, Gwilym Lloyd, and John Tondeur in the room.
Who was with MJ I don't know, but there are unspecified techies in the room?

I believe it was a 'phone recording, hence there was premeditation. So who/why the recording.....?
We will never know.

Where is this transcript? All I recall is an audio recording which the media then provided a transcript of all the asterisks coming from Jolley and the very few words Matt Dean was given an opportunity to say in between all the asterisks.

My understanding is that it was in the press room straight after the game. The press room contains written journalists, photographers, club officials, scouts, data analysts etc so it literally could have been a wide number of people.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ex Chesterfield Manager

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.