3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
May 12, 2022, 9:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
The current Chesterfield manager was at the game on Tuesday.

Non controversial, sorry.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
GrimPol
May 13, 2022, 7:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -670
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Where is this transcript? All I recall is an audio recording in which the media then provided a transcript of all the asterisks coming from Jolley and the very few words Matt Dean was given an opportunity to say in between all the asterisks.

My understanding is that it was in the press room straight after the game. The press room contains written journalists, photographers, club officials, scouts, data analysts etc so it literally could have been a wide number of people.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.c.....pt-recording-3549707
https://www.theguardian.com/fo.....rant-reporters-audio

The Guardian piece, mentions that BBC RH gave JF the recording. So it's a BBC RH recording although not necessarily on their equipment.

The GT is just a verabatem transcript as such, with asterisks, the Guardian expands it, and makes a stab at making sense of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
jamesgtfc
May 13, 2022, 7:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from GrimPol

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.c.....pt-recording-3549707
https://www.theguardian.com/fo.....rant-reporters-audio

The Guardian piece, mentions that BBC RH gave JF the recording. So it's a BBC RH recording although not necessarily on their equipment.

The GT is just a verabatem transcript as such, with asterisks, the Guardian expands it, and makes a stab at making sense of it.

It seems clear to me that he's talking about Gwillym and Burnsy, not to them. At the end of the article, BBC Radio Humberside have said it was a matter for the club but it is understood no official complaint was made to Grimsby Town.

I don't know how you would pass something like that on without making a complaint. Mr Fenty is of course a truthful and upstanding man that blackmailed the Trust and morally took £200k that wasn't his, invited a convicted criminals money into the club and told us numerous times that his benign loans wouldn't hold the club back.

The audio got leaked on Twitter by an unknown but well informed Twitter account at the time. I doubt there was a proper video to see otherwise an already irate Jolley would have probably deconstructed it until it was no longer a threat. If there was a video, I would say it's likely to have been the clubs camera pointing at the sponsored backdrop and Jolley may have stood in front of it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
GrimPol
May 13, 2022, 10:25am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -670
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from jamesgtfc

It seems clear to me that he's talking about Gwillym and Burnsy, not to them. At the end of the article, BBC Radio Humberside have said it was a matter for the club but it is understood no official complaint was made to Grimsby Town.

I don't know how you would pass something like that on without making a complaint. Mr Fenty is of course a truthful and upstanding man that blackmailed the Trust and morally took £200k that wasn't his, invited a convicted criminals money into the club and told us numerous times that his benign loans wouldn't hold the club back.

The audio got leaked on Twitter by an unknown but well informed Twitter account at the time. I doubt there was a proper video to see otherwise an already irate Jolley would have probably deconstructed it until it was no longer a threat. If there was a video, I would say it's likely to have been the clubs camera pointing at the sponsored backdrop and Jolley may have stood in front of it.

It's got that Junior School playground thing of "Please Miss he stuck his tongue out to me" but serious adult lose your job.
Grimsby lost seven games on the bounce, last one 4-0. Couple that with someone who had never had to take the pressure, and found wanting and you get a 58 expletive tirade.
However, it was a private tirade, not on the air, not public, until poo1 thought it clever to Tweet it. Poo2 made a complaint, because they were shocked, to BBC RH management. Poo3 BBC RH passed on/made aware to JF that whilst not complaining or wanting action, he should listen to this shocking recording. Then poo4, used it to get rid of MJ because he couldn't stand the noise from the fans. Which I didn't think were that deafening to fair, certainly not as bad as anti PH in the middle of this season. That's my take.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 13, 2022, 10:53am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +6,985
Gold Stars: 283
I think there's a broader point here.

A huge outburst that involves swearing is unprofessional. Where I work it would probably constitute gross misconduct and would certainly be investigated from the position of safeguarding other workers rights to a safe working environment, being respected by their colleagues and possibly bullying.
For him to do it in the press room was either naive, stupid or planned (to get himself a pay off).
That and the fact that it was recorded also impacted on the image of his employers as an organisation (laughable in light of who his boss was but it should be considered).

The fact that it was recorded is actually immaterial, that's just how it became public. He was very likely to be fired just because he did it.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
pen penfras
May 13, 2022, 11:32am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from GrimPol

It's got that Junior School playground thing of "Please Miss he stuck his tongue out to me" but serious adult lose your job.
Grimsby lost seven games on the bounce, last one 4-0. Couple that with someone who had never had to take the pressure, and found wanting and you get a 58 expletive tirade.
However, it was a private tirade, not on the air, not public, until poo1 thought it clever to Tweet it. Poo2 made a complaint, because they were shocked, to BBC RH management. Poo3 BBC RH passed on/made aware to JF that whilst not complaining or wanting action, he should listen to this shocking recording. Then poo4, used it to get rid of MJ because he couldn't stand the noise from the fans. Which I didn't think were that deafening to fair, certainly not as bad as anti PH in the middle of this season. That's my take.

That's not the timeline. The recording was passed to the club by RH. If that's not a complaint, then I don't know what it is. A disciplinary process was started of which the outcome had not been determined when MJ said he'd leave under mutual consent and the club agreed. There were rumours of inappropriate happenings but the majority didn't know what actually happened. Then MJ released a statement saying that he left under mutual consent that didn't make any reference to what happened and seemed like a statement intended to help secure a new job. Soon after, the recording got tweeted. Could have been by RH, could have been by somebody at the club. They probably both had reasons to be annoyed at the statement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
diehardmariner
May 13, 2022, 11:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +17,064
Gold Stars: 518
Jolley:
Quoted Text
“How did Chesterfield get on today? How did Barnet get on today? That’s who we could be competing with. You could be going to fxxxing Braintree. And fxxxing Borehamwood, you people. Have you fxxxing spoken about that?”

This aged well...
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ex Chesterfield Manager

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.