Rick12
July 18, 2022, 8:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from aldi_01

He did indeed…Brandon was, for a while the poster boy for kids who copulated school or didn’t get good grades. The very thing Thatcher fapped over…in truth, I wouldn’t want any of the kids I teach to have such corrupt morals as Branson. I’d rather they lead a modest life and an honest one…although sadly, folk seem to think having sack fulls of cash is all that matters…
Truth is Aldi I had Branson down as a ok guy . Granted I didn't envisage some of the things he done wrongly which others have pointed out on here. I did remember reading something a while back on tax evasion but it slipped my mind .

On the subject of money it's not the be all and end all but certainly you do need enough to provide for your family. On another note how many on here if they had exceptional skills wouldn't want to sign for a club like Real Madrid for instance where the average wage is roughly 10 million a season with the likes of Karim  Benzema on 30 million. Compare that to likes of Grimsby. For me it's about my children first and foremost and trying to look after them .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 340 - 356
ska face
July 18, 2022, 8:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,752
Gold Stars: 851
If I had a million quid I think I’d be quite happy with my lot and would be able to look after my kids no problem, and pay all the necessary taxes.

Branson is worth £4.2bn (a millionaire 4,200 times over) and still works to avoid the taxes that fund our public services and then profit from our public services being run into the ground.

When is enough enough? I truly believe these people suffer from some form of sickness. If you won £191m on tomorrows euromillions, would your first thought be “how can I use that to make more money”? Course not, which is where these scumbags differ from the rest of us.
Private Message
Reply: 341 - 356
Roast Em Bobby
July 18, 2022, 8:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,723
Gold Stars: 44
The world’s 2,153 billionaires have more wealth than the 4.6 billion people who make up 60 percent of the planet’s population, reveals a new report from Oxfam today ahead of the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos, Switzerland.

Global inequality is shockingly entrenched and vast and the number of billionaires has doubled in the last decade. Oxfam India CEO Amitabh Behar, who is in Davos to represent the Oxfam confederation this year said: “The gap between rich and poor can't be resolved without deliberate inequality-busting policies, and too few governments are committed to these.”

Oxfam’s report, ‘Time to Care’, shows how our sexist economies are fuelling the inequality crisis —enabling a wealthy elite to accumulate vast fortunes at the expense of ordinary people and particularly poor women and girls:

The 22 richest men in the world have more wealth than all the women in Africa.
Women and girls put in 12.5 billion hours of unpaid care work each and every day —a contribution to the global economy of at least $10.8 trillion a year, more than three times the size of the global tech industry.
Getting the richest one percent to pay just 0.5 percent extra tax on their wealth over the next 10 years would equal the investment needed to create 117 million jobs in sectors such as elderly and childcare, education and health.

https://www.oxfam.org/en/press-releases/worlds-billionaires-have-more-wealth-46-billion-people
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 342 - 356
Rick12
July 18, 2022, 8:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face

When is enough enough? I truly believe these people suffer from some form of sickness. If you won £191m on tomorrows euromillions, would your first thought be “how can I use that to make more money”? Course not, which is where these scumbags differ from the rest of us.
I do feel money and power can go to people's heads and warp reality. Pablo Escobar made untold riches albeit illegally and wanted to become the Columbian president. It's this quest for power which ultimately was his downfall.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 343 - 356
ska face
July 18, 2022, 8:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,752
Gold Stars: 851
Yeah and Escobar did more for the people of Medellin than Branson or Sugar have ever done for the people of this country.
Private Message
Reply: 344 - 356
Rick12
July 18, 2022, 8:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Yeah and Escobar did more for the people of Medellin than Branson or Sugar have ever done for the people of this country.
Only thing Skaface is Branson and Sugar didn't get many killed on his command. Likewise Escobar employed sicarios ( often poor teenagers ) to do the killings for him  for cash rewards.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 345 - 356
Maringer
July 18, 2022, 8:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,629
Gold Stars: 185
Branson's setup is tax avoidance, Rick, (which is legal, however morally dubious), not tax evasion which is illegal.

Unfortunately, there are very few big businessmen or high earners who don't do their best to squirrel money away from the taxman, by dubious or other means. Our current Chancellor of the Exchequer, for example.

My favourite is when you get risible excuses from the likes of Lewis Hamilton claiming he was moving to Monaco, not for tax reasons, but because he liked the views or some such nonsense.

Of course, if there was the will, parliament could legislate to close the loopholes which allow the avoidance. Problem is that most of the fornicators are up to it themselves! In fact, as our Chancellor is currently (allegedly) showing, there are plenty of them into evasion, not just avoidance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 346 - 356
Rick12
July 18, 2022, 9:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Branson's setup is tax avoidance, Rick, (which is legal, however morally dubious), not tax evasion which is illegal.
Thanks for the information Maringer.

Why can't we live in a world where everyone gets on and don't try to put people down ,little corruption, respect the environment etc.  From experiences in life it's not the world that is horrible it's what people do to each other that makes it seem that way.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 347 - 356
Roast Em Bobby
July 19, 2022, 11:32am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,723
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Rick12
Thanks for the information Maringer.

Why can't we live in a world where everyone gets on and don't try to put people down ,little corruption, respect the environment etc.  From experiences in life it's not the world that is horrible it's what people do to each other that makes it seem that way.

Greed. You know, one of the deadly sins in that book you like.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 348 - 356
chaos33
July 19, 2022, 12:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,972
Gold Stars: 360
This is, I think, brilliant….

Tweet 1549046931913338880 will appear here...

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 349 - 356
36 Pages Prev ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Johnson & Sunak

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.