Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunthorpe Utd v Rochdale ... I was there.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 117 Guests

Scunthorpe Utd v Rochdale ... I was there.

This thread currently has 7,174 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
February 22, 2022, 12:04am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from promotion plaice

Going on last seasons final League 2 table Scunny now need more than 1.5 points per game to stay up, that's a tough call when they've only picked up 3 points of a last possible 30.

Assuming Scunny get relegated I think they have a big shock coming in the National League, the mighty Chesterfield nearly got relegated again first season in it.

We won 10 games and drew 13: we finished bottom. They have won four all season and even if they did take 1.5 PPG from now, that would give them 43 points, which was the same points total as we got finishing last.

To get the 1.5 PPG, they would have to win 7 their remaining 14 games (obviously) and that still wouldn't be enough to guarantee getting off the bottom.

So yeah, they need considerably more than 1.5 a game. It aint happening.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 45
Badger57
February 22, 2022, 8:22am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,914
Gold Stars: 30

Trevor played for City not PA, but I do remember us playing them either late 60s or early 70s. White shirts, with a couple of hoops around the chest, black shorts (I just checked and last time we played them was 69).

I remember seeing us play them at home but I'm sure they wore amber with 2 claret hoops. Think it was quite foggy. We played them at home twice that year in March and December. I think it was the March game as I can't see mum would have let me go on my own on Boxing day at 11 years old walking from our home on Hainton Avenue.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
White_shorts
February 22, 2022, 5:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -654
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from thefish

2548… but I guess nearly 1/4 of them were from Rochdale! Oh, and 1 was a lost town fan!

I would have sympathy for Scunthorpe fans if they showed more passion. That attendance against a relegation rival was pathetic.

Six of their last nine defeats have only been by one goal. Rochdale's winner was a bit of a goalmouth scramble. A large, vocal crowd can influence the referee. It shouldn't do, but it often does.

The Iron have two tough games vs Northampton and Sutton. After that, their opponents are Crawley, Colchester, Barrow, Salford, Harrogate, FGR, Mansfield, Leyton Orient, Stevenage, Bradford, Hartlepool, Bristol Rovers. They will probably lose to Salford, FGR and Mansfield, but that still leaves a potential 27 points.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
KingstonMariner
February 22, 2022, 6:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from White_shorts

I would have sympathy for Scunthorpe fans if they showed more passion. That attendance against a relegation rival was pathetic.

Six of their last nine defeats have only been by one goal. Rochdale's winner was a bit of a goalmouth scramble. A large, vocal crowd can influence the referee. It shouldn't do, but it often does.

The Iron have two tough games vs Northampton and Sutton. After that, their opponents are Crawley, Colchester, Barrow, Salford, Harrogate, FGR, Mansfield, Leyton Orient, Stevenage, Bradford, Hartlepool, Bristol Rovers. They will probably lose to Salford, FGR and Mansfield, but that still leaves a potential 27 points.

They’re all tough games when you’re in Scunny’s position.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
RonMariner
February 22, 2022, 8:55pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,802
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Lee Hodges Burger

Surely it depends on the nature of it? I remember joking with a Grimsby acquaintance about whether Town are playing the Dog and Duck this weekend back when Grimsby first went into non-league.

However, ultimately, I didn't mean any malice with that and would rather us be in the same division, ideally in league one or somewhere, not the conference.

You sound like a decent guy Lee, one of the genuine fans I feel sorry for.

Both of our clubs have been run into the ground by dreadful owners. It happens to a great many clubs. They get taken over by people with big ideas who ultimately bail out once their vanity project turns sour. These guys can clear off, but we fans are left with shattered clubs in dire straights.

We aren't the first and we won't be the last.    

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 45
bawarmy
February 22, 2022, 10:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,020
Gold Stars: 33
£5 to get in the car park? That’s ridiculous. I haven’t paid that since my dogging days
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunthorpe Utd v Rochdale ... I was there.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.