5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
January 29, 2022, 7:07am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
The confirmation statement was sent to Companies House a couple of weeks ago and it shows how much of the club 1878 Partners have acquired...

Total Shares Issued in Company - £2,379,900
1878 Partners - £1,501,834 (63.1%)
Mariners Trust - £321,050 (13.5%)
Michael Parker - £250,000 (10.5%)
Other Shareholders - £307,016 (12.9%)

The statement also shows who have offloaded their shares. Which tells us 1878 Partners acquired shares from the following...

John Shelton Fenty - £975,000
Michael Parker - £250,000
Lee Mullen - £130,000
John Elsom - £75,500
Andrew Newman - £25,000
Terence Clive Aspinall - £15,500
David Andrew Carr - £11,077
Terence Aspinall - £10,002
Stephen Marley - £3,000
Helen Marley - £2,000
Stanley Shreeve - £2,000
Steve Ewels - £1,400
Arthur Ernest Spalding - £700
Other Minor Shareholders - £650
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
GollyGTFC
January 29, 2022, 7:14am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Philip Day still owns £2,950 of shares. Given the statement is dated nearly 6 months after he departed from the board it would appear he's turned down the chance to sell to 1878.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 45
ska face
January 29, 2022, 7:26am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Holloway still clinging onto his £500 worth too
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 45
aldi_01
January 29, 2022, 8:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Old shut up put less money in than most of the people he told to shut up for a place on a board that he did nothing with…flipping outrageous…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 45
GibMariner
January 29, 2022, 9:17am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -938
Gold Stars: 21
late filing of the confirmation statement applies and an automatic fine imposed. Tut tut.

Interesting to see the share movements and wonder if bringing the company private means less transparency going forward.

I ask this because the AGM was voted by shareholders to be held annually on the last Thursday of November of each year, but one was not held last November, and nor was that notified to shareholders. Tut tut.

The accounts were always publicised and circulated well in advance of the AGM for ratification. This always followed substantive scrutiny. Tut tut not happened, and to my knowledge they have still not been filed, but are overdue.

Accepting now 1878 have taken GTFC private, one thinks they still have a duty of care to its shareholders.

I’m delighted we have new ownership but do think the silence on these matters are of real concern and wiff ‘lack of transparency’.

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 45
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 29, 2022, 9:28am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,812
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from GibMariner
late filing of the confirmation statement applies and an automatic fine imposed. Tut tut.

This is untrue. No fine / penalty.

The accounts are not overdue either.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 45
Northbank Mariner
January 29, 2022, 9:39am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from GibMariner

Interesting to see the share movements and wonder if bringing the company private means less transparency going forward.

I ask this because the AGM was voted by shareholders to be held annually on the last Thursday of November of each year, but one was not held last November, and nor was that notified to shareholders. Tut tut.

The accounts were always publicised and circulated well in advance of the AGM for ratification. This always followed substantive scrutiny. Tut tut not happened, and to my knowledge they have still not been filed, but are overdue.

Accepting now 1878 have taken GTFC private, one thinks they still have a duty of care to its shareholders.

I’m delighted we have new ownership but do think the silence on these matters are of real concern and wiff ‘lack of transparency’.

You really are f#cking fun soinge aren't you?...Fenty ain't coming back, get it over it!..and snap that stick you constantly try to hit the new owners with, the barbs are getting blunt!..🤡
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 45
aldi_01
January 29, 2022, 9:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from GibMariner

If you’re going to try and have a dig you probably need to get your facts right…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 45
GibMariner
January 29, 2022, 10:36am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -938
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

You really are f#cking fun soinge aren't you?...Fenty ain't coming back, get it over it!..and snap that stick you constantly try to hit the new owners with, the barbs are getting blunt!..🤡

The tone is a tad to say the least unfair.

These are facts found on co house and picked up as a shareholder.

All I want is my club to conform to regulation and be no less transparent than it was.

Have another go by all means, but to repeat I hold no candle for the past regime. OK

Private Message
Reply: 8 - 45
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 29, 2022, 10:50am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,812
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from GibMariner

The tone is a tad to say the least unfair.

These are facts found on co house and picked up as a shareholder.

All I want is my club to conform to regulation and be no less transparent than it was.

Have another go by all means, but to repeat I hold no candle for the past regime. OK

But at least (at the very, very least) two of your ‘facts’ are not true.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 45
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 1878 Partners stake in the club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.