HertsGTFC
January 29, 2022, 11:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,873
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Fenty and his friends are regularly reminding us all that 1878 inherited an £800k bank balance. I suppose leaving us with £800k in the bank is the least John could do when he's got first dibs on any transfer income with those benign loans of his that would never, ever be used against the club.

Yeah he bigged that up but it wasn’t a war chest legacy he made it out to be. it was the cash balance for the business and part of cash flow which would fluctuate anyway. He needed a decent level of cash cover to substantiate the value of his equity.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 45
lukeo
January 30, 2022, 8:06am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,298
Gold Stars: 134
I'd rather him of taken it all and we start fresh on the £0 line. Yes it's a bit of a risk and could put us in the minus for a while but it's even closer to him disappearing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
HertsGTFC
January 30, 2022, 8:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,873
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from lukeo
I'd rather him of taken it all and we start fresh on the £0 line. Yes it's a bit of a risk and could put us in the minus for a while but it's even closer to him disappearing.

As the GTFC under Fenty wasn’t solely owned by him the cash in the bank belongs to the business and not one individual so he couldn’t have taken it with him anyway.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
Bristol Mariner
January 30, 2022, 8:52am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from GibMariner
late filing of the confirmation statement applies and an automatic fine imposed. Tut tut.

Interesting to see the share movements and wonder if bringing the company private means less transparency going forward.

I ask this because the AGM was voted by shareholders to be held annually on the last Thursday of November of each year, but one was not held last November, and nor was that notified to shareholders. Tut tut.

The accounts were always publicised and circulated well in advance of the AGM for ratification. This always followed substantive scrutiny. Tut tut not happened, and to my knowledge they have still not been filed, but are overdue.

Accepting now 1878 have taken GTFC private, one thinks they still have a duty of care to its shareholders.

I’m delighted we have new ownership but do think the silence on these matters are of real concern and wiff ‘lack of transparency’.

Fenty’s got a new name!

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
ginnywings
January 30, 2022, 11:45am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,089
Gold Stars: 548
I lay awake at night fretting about when the accounts will be released.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 45
GollyGTFC
January 30, 2022, 1:34pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,979
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from HertsGTFC

As the GTFC under Fenty wasn’t solely owned by him the cash in the bank belongs to the business and not one individual so he couldn’t have taken it with him anyway.

Theoretically he could have emptied the bank account to repay a chunk of his “benign” loan.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 1878 Partners stake in the club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.