Poojah
January 29, 2022, 10:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,474
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from GibMariner

The tone is a tad to say the least unfair.

These are facts found on co house and picked up as a shareholder.

All I want is my club to conform to regulation and be no less transparent than it was.

Have another go by all means, but to repeat I hold no candle for the past regime. OK

GlibMariner (which I assume was your intended username), you've posted on this forum 57 times at the current count, and an overwhelming majority of those posts have been written with a blatant undertone of anti-new regime.

Don't get me wrong, people in public roles should be open to criticism as and when they make mistakes, and I don't think the new owners have been faultless thus far - they've made a few errors already, albeit trivial ones. But when all you do is criticise and poke holes in something, and when it's virtually the only time you chime in, people are going to assume you have an agenda and take you less seriously as a result.

You might want to consider that while you count your red crosses.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 45
jamesgtfc
January 29, 2022, 11:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Poojah

GlibMariner (which I assume was your intended username), you've posted on this forum 57 times at the current count, and an overwhelming majority of those posts have been written with a blatant undertone of anti-new regime.

Don't get me wrong, people in public roles should be open to criticism as and when they make mistakes, and I don't think the new owners have been faultless thus far - they've made a few errors already, albeit trivial ones. But when all you do is criticise and poke holes in something, and when it's virtually the only time you chime in, people are going to assume you have an agenda and take you less seriously as a result.

You might want to consider that while you count your red crosses.

Instantly gold starred by the other account they probably have open in another browser to mask the IP address. Likely suspects are Filipe Noche and GetYourFactsRight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 45
HerveJosse
January 29, 2022, 11:44am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 143
For those who know about these things interesting that they bought just enough to get Mike Parker and the trusts combined holding below 25% which with remaining shares spread across hundreds of small shareholders effectively  gives them total control without making a general offer to all shareholders just picking off the larger ones.
Other shareholders still waiting for the accounts and the engagement with shareholders JS promised would be ready within 2 weeks back in November.
Pile on the red crosses I prefer facts to words
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 45
jamesgtfc
January 29, 2022, 12:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse
For those who know about these things interesting that they bought just enough to get Mike Parker and the trusts combined holding below 25% which with remaining shares spread across hundreds of small shareholders effectively  gives them total control without making a general offer to all shareholders just picking off the larger ones.
Other shareholders still waiting for the accounts and the engagement with shareholders JS promised would be ready within 2 weeks back in November.
Pile on the red crosses I prefer facts to words

I'm going to say it was used as a figure of speech; we've all said we will see someone in a couple of weeks and not see them for months. It's not the most prudent thing to release the accounts just before a major transfer window either and they aren't due until February.

Now we aren't a PLC, we don't have to publish such detailed accounts so I'm interested to see how or if we go over and above the minimum standard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 45
jamesgtfc
January 29, 2022, 12:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Holloway still clinging onto his £500 worth too

Probably unable to sell them because he blocked Stockwoods number when he tried to speak to him behind his back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 45
HerveJosse
January 29, 2022, 12:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 143
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I'm going to say it was used as a figure of speech; we've all said we will see someone in a couple of weeks and not see them for months. It's not the most prudent thing to release the accounts just before a major transfer window either and they aren't due until February.

Now we aren't a PLC, we don't have to publish such detailed accounts so I'm interested to see how or if we go over and above the minimum standard.

You mean as in BoJo figure of speech.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 45
jamesgtfc
January 29, 2022, 12:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

You mean as in BoJo figure of speech.

They were on DN35 Podcast after the Halifax game. Did you fill the form in beforehand and ask your pressing accounts question?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 45
pen penfras
January 29, 2022, 12:53pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71

This is untrue. No fine / penalty.

The accounts are not overdue either.

It's not an automatic fine, but it can be fined if it's significantly late and looks like it was about 11 weeks late, so possibly a fine. Is there a good reason for it being late?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 45
pen penfras
January 29, 2022, 12:57pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from aldi_01
Old shut up put less money in than most of the people he told to shut up for a place on a board that he did nothing with…flipping outrageous…

He did do the company accounts for free, I think that probably adds up to quite a lot over the years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 45
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 29, 2022, 1:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553
Quoted from pen penfras

It's not an automatic fine, but it can be fined if it's significantly late and looks like it was about 11 weeks late, so possibly a fine. Is there a good reason for it being late?

Presumably someone will have written to Companies House every month saying:

‘Dear Mr House,

Yes, we still want the company. Please don’t strike-off it off. We recently acquired the company. There are a lot of shareholders with non-controlling interests and we need to complete the relevant due diligence to ensure the information provided by the previous owners was correct. We will ensure the Statement is filed as soon as possible but, like most companies, we are being impacted by Covid and would appreciate time to allow us to bring the company’s affairs up to date.

Lots of love,

Jase’

There will not have been a fine or penalty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 1878 Partners stake in the club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.