Hagrid
January 20, 2022, 7:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,413
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from aldi_01

He was seeing a family members daughter for a while and was a complete tool. Some of the shite he came out with was hilarious.

I hate scunny as much as the next person but I wouldn’t wish Payne on them…

Oh please tell so i can detest him more
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
aldi_01
January 20, 2022, 7:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Hagrid

Oh please tell so i can detest him more

He was just a tool. Said things like ‘I always fall out with everyone’ and ‘I never like the people I play with’ and then fed her the usual balderdash whilst never really giving a excrement.

Just an all round girl private.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
arryarryarry
January 20, 2022, 8:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
No idea why Hurst signed The useless twit
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
Kris2
January 20, 2022, 9:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from arryarryarry
No idea why Hurst signed The useless twit

He was the last person to get something out of him when he had him for a season at Shrews so it probably seemed like a good idea to work with him again. He just seems like he's lost all passion for the game and probably life at this point, went to Bristol after Shrews and had his contract cancelled because of attitude problems so maybe the signs were already there.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
diehardmariner
January 20, 2022, 9:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,612
Gold Stars: 538
Because we couldn't score in a brothel around that time, our strike force consisted of the always injured James Hanson, the completely ineffectual Matt Green and the constantly derided Ira Jackson and Montel Gibson.

The signing of him and LJL seemed like great business at the time.  A target man in LJL to do the donkey work and a clinical poacher like Payne to feed off the scraps.  His debut goal against Stevenage definitely felt like a step in the right direction and he had what we had badly missed.

Of course, it all went spectacularly downhill after that.  Just checked his record and it's definitely poorer than I remember from a year ago, or maybe we were just that desperate!  

Scunny have scored the joint fewest goals in League Two, haven't scored in their last 3 and coupled with the worst defence in League Two are definitely in desperate mode.  
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
arryarryarry
January 20, 2022, 9:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from diehardmariner
Because we couldn't score in a brothel around that time, our strike force consisted of the always injured James Hanson, the completely ineffectual Matt Green and the constantly derided Ira Jackson and Montel Gibson.

The signing of him and LJL seemed like great business at the time.  A target man in LJL to do the donkey work and a clinical poacher like Payne to feed off the scraps.  His debut goal against Stevenage definitely felt like a step in the right direction and he had what we had badly missed.

Of course, it all went spectacularly downhill after that.  Just checked his record and it's definitely poorer than I remember from a year ago, or maybe we were just that desperate!  

Scunny have scored the joint fewest goals in League Two, haven't scored in their last 3 and coupled with the worst defence in League Two are definitely in desperate mode.  

Very naive of Hurst to sign him.

We signed a player who couldn't score in a brothel.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
rancido
January 20, 2022, 11:17am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Scumthorpe could do with someone like McAtee! Oh I forgot they had him but he left to play for a football club.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
January 20, 2022, 11:25am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Kris2
Wasn't he seeing somebody from around here? Maybe wants to play for a team closer to where he's staying. Hope they don't expect him to turn their season around because he's the laziest sod you'll ever see on a football pitch, I've never seen a striker who wants the ball less.

Wasnt that what Scunny said about McAtee? And just look at him now.

There are many reasons why a player can perform for one team but not another. Tactics, style, or as Payne is alluded to have said ‘I always fall out with everyone’ and ‘I never like the people I play with’. Each to their own, but they only have to make one move that works in their favour and they can be a changed man. Hence how McAtee is with us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
jamesgtfc
January 20, 2022, 11:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190

Wasnt that what Scunny said about McAtee? And just look at him now.

There are many reasons why a player can perform for one team but not another. Tactics, style, or as Payne is alluded to have said ‘I always fall out with everyone’ and ‘I never like the people I play with’. Each to their own, but they only have to make one move that works in their favour and they can be a changed man. Hence how McAtee is with us.

There comes a point though when you have to ask if you're the problem. McAtee grafted for Hurst at Shrewsbury and Scunny initially (their fans say he was alright when Hurst was there) so you can say that something was obviously wrong after he left.

Look at Jolley, for all Fentys' faults Jolley has managed to fall out with every board in his 3 managerial jobs and the Barrow fallout was particularly quick.

It's the same with Payne, he's bouncing around from club to club moaning to anyone who will listen that he's unlucky and just ends up working with absolute tools.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
rancido
January 20, 2022, 11:58am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from jamesgtfc

There comes a point though when you have to ask if you're the problem. McAtee grafted for Hurst at Shrewsbury and Scunny initially (their fans say he was alright when Hurst was there) so you can say that something was obviously wrong after he left.

Look at Jolley, for all Fentys' faults Jolley has managed to fall out with every board in his 3 managerial jobs and the Barrow fallout was particularly quick.

It's the same with Payne, he's bouncing around from club to club moaning to anyone who will listen that he's unlucky and just ends up working with absolute tools.

Some people can start an argument with themselves in an empty room.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stefan Payne

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.