Do your worst Agent Payne.
Posted by: Poojah, January 19, 2022, 9:50pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Rumoured to be joining the Scunts.

I wouldn’t wish him on my worst enem…

Actually on second thoughts…
Posted by: Abdul19, January 19, 2022, 9:58pm; Reply: 2
That whole 'agent' nonsense implies Payne was good here ;)
Posted by: fishyfanny, January 19, 2022, 10:04pm; Reply: 3
At least he has experience of playing in a side that's going to be relegated
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 19, 2022, 10:16pm; Reply: 4
A Scunt could join the Scunts then if it comes off......
Posted by: Maringer, January 19, 2022, 10:25pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Abdul19
That whole 'agent' nonsense implies Payne was good here ;)

A double agent, though I'm not sure who he's really working for.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 19, 2022, 10:38pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Rumoured to be joining the Scunts.

I feel sorry for the poor lad who over hits a pass to him. On second thoughts, the guy couldn't even plant a decent headbutt.
Posted by: Kris2, January 20, 2022, 4:42am; Reply: 7
Wasn't he seeing somebody from around here? Maybe wants to play for a team closer to where he's staying. Hope they don't expect him to turn their season around because he's the laziest sod you'll ever see on a football pitch, I've never seen a striker who wants the ball less.
Posted by: aldi_01, January 20, 2022, 5:41am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Kris2
Wasn't he seeing somebody from around here? Maybe wants to play for a team closer to where he's staying. Hope they don't expect him to turn their season around because he's the laziest sod you'll ever see on a football pitch, I've never seen a striker who wants the ball less.

He was seeing a family members daughter for a while and was a complete tool. Some of the shite he came out with was hilarious.

I hate scunny as much as the next person but I wouldn’t wish Payne on them…
Posted by: Mayaman, January 20, 2022, 6:23am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Maringer

A double agent, though I'm not sure who he's really working for.

Only himself.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 20, 2022, 7:31am; Reply: 10
Quoted from aldi_01

He was seeing a family members daughter for a while and was a complete tool. Some of the shite he came out with was hilarious.

I hate scunny as much as the next person but I wouldn’t wish Payne on them…

Oh please tell so i can detest him more
Posted by: aldi_01, January 20, 2022, 7:42am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Hagrid

Oh please tell so i can detest him more

He was just a tool. Said things like ‘I always fall out with everyone’ and ‘I never like the people I play with’ and then fed her the usual balderdash whilst never really giving a excrement.

Just an all round girl private.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 20, 2022, 8:27am; Reply: 12
No idea why Hurst signed The useless twit
Posted by: Kris2, January 20, 2022, 9:22am; Reply: 13
Quoted from arryarryarry
No idea why Hurst signed The useless twit

He was the last person to get something out of him when he had him for a season at Shrews so it probably seemed like a good idea to work with him again. He just seems like he's lost all passion for the game and probably life at this point, went to Bristol after Shrews and had his contract cancelled because of attitude problems so maybe the signs were already there.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 20, 2022, 9:23am; Reply: 14
Because we couldn't score in a brothel around that time, our strike force consisted of the always injured James Hanson, the completely ineffectual Matt Green and the constantly derided Ira Jackson and Montel Gibson.

The signing of him and LJL seemed like great business at the time.  A target man in LJL to do the donkey work and a clinical poacher like Payne to feed off the scraps.  His debut goal against Stevenage definitely felt like a step in the right direction and he had what we had badly missed.

Of course, it all went spectacularly downhill after that.  Just checked his record and it's definitely poorer than I remember from a year ago, or maybe we were just that desperate!  

Scunny have scored the joint fewest goals in League Two, haven't scored in their last 3 and coupled with the worst defence in League Two are definitely in desperate mode.  
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 20, 2022, 9:28am; Reply: 15
Quoted from diehardmariner
Because we couldn't score in a brothel around that time, our strike force consisted of the always injured James Hanson, the completely ineffectual Matt Green and the constantly derided Ira Jackson and Montel Gibson.

The signing of him and LJL seemed like great business at the time.  A target man in LJL to do the donkey work and a clinical poacher like Payne to feed off the scraps.  His debut goal against Stevenage definitely felt like a step in the right direction and he had what we had badly missed.

Of course, it all went spectacularly downhill after that.  Just checked his record and it's definitely poorer than I remember from a year ago, or maybe we were just that desperate!  

Scunny have scored the joint fewest goals in League Two, haven't scored in their last 3 and coupled with the worst defence in League Two are definitely in desperate mode.  

Very naive of Hurst to sign him.

We signed a player who couldn't score in a brothel.
Posted by: rancido, January 20, 2022, 11:17am; Reply: 16
Scumthorpe could do with someone like McAtee! Oh I forgot they had him but he left to play for a football club.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 20, 2022, 11:25am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Kris2

Wasnt that what Scunny said about McAtee? And just look at him now.

There are many reasons why a player can perform for one team but not another. Tactics, style, or as Payne is alluded to have said ‘I always fall out with everyone’ and ‘I never like the people I play with’. Each to their own, but they only have to make one move that works in their favour and they can be a changed man. Hence how McAtee is with us.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 20, 2022, 11:46am; Reply: 18

Wasnt that what Scunny said about McAtee? And just look at him now.

There are many reasons why a player can perform for one team but not another. Tactics, style, or as Payne is alluded to have said ‘I always fall out with everyone’ and ‘I never like the people I play with’. Each to their own, but they only have to make one move that works in their favour and they can be a changed man. Hence how McAtee is with us.

There comes a point though when you have to ask if you're the problem. McAtee grafted for Hurst at Shrewsbury and Scunny initially (their fans say he was alright when Hurst was there) so you can say that something was obviously wrong after he left.

Look at Jolley, for all Fentys' faults Jolley has managed to fall out with every board in his 3 managerial jobs and the Barrow fallout was particularly quick.

It's the same with Payne, he's bouncing around from club to club moaning to anyone who will listen that he's unlucky and just ends up working with absolute tools.
Posted by: rancido, January 20, 2022, 11:58am; Reply: 19
Quoted from jamesgtfc

There comes a point though when you have to ask if you're the problem. McAtee grafted for Hurst at Shrewsbury and Scunny initially (their fans say he was alright when Hurst was there) so you can say that something was obviously wrong after he left.

Look at Jolley, for all Fentys' faults Jolley has managed to fall out with every board in his 3 managerial jobs and the Barrow fallout was particularly quick.

It's the same with Payne, he's bouncing around from club to club moaning to anyone who will listen that he's unlucky and just ends up working with absolute tools.

Some people can start an argument with themselves in an empty room.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 20, 2022, 12:55pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from arryarryarry

Very naive of Hurst to sign him.

We signed a player who couldn't score in a brothel.

Dunno if it was naive.  Hurst had got a tune out of him at Shrewsbury and he was hardly flooded with options during that transfer window.  You only have to look at the number of players from two levels below or who hadn't had a club for months/years to realise he didn't really have a pot to urine in.  I think the mistake was that Payne was clearly his marquee signing, one he had reserved a wedge of his meagre budget for and it didn't work.  Bad signing? Yes.  Naive? Not for me.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 20, 2022, 1:11pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from diehardmariner

Dunno if it was naive.  Hurst had got a tune out of him at Shrewsbury and he was hardly flooded with options during that transfer window.  You only have to look at the number of players from two levels below or who hadn't had a club for months/years to realise he didn't really have a pot to urine in.  I think the mistake was that Payne was clearly his marquee signing, one he had reserved a wedge of his meagre budget for and it didn't work.  Bad signing? Yes.  Naive? Not for me.

Do we really know what options he had, he is well known for signing his mates wherever he has been
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 20, 2022, 1:37pm; Reply: 22
No, you're right we don't know what was available to him.  It's speculating.

But I'm quietly confident that with a remotely decent budget his signings wouldn't have included two lads who hadn't kicked a ball in the professional game in the previous 12 and 32 months respectively (Lamy and Habergham).
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, January 20, 2022, 1:41pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from rancido

and some perform best in front of a crowd (McAtee?)

Posted by: Biccys, January 20, 2022, 1:44pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from rancido

A neighbour of mine who works at Lincoln said exactly the same of our previous non chairman!
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 9:24am