immariner
January 19, 2022, 7:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from Blue Mariner

Shite from Wrexham - not shite from our Ticket Office who are at the mercy of Wrexham.  We can't magic up tickets without permission/knowledge/agreement.

I refrain from criticising the club usually and completely take on board that Wxm are tinpot tossers but it's been compounded by us. The ticket office told you yesterday lunchtime (bearing in mind that's only 7 days before the fixture) but didn't put it out on social media and the OS until 11am today?

I have seen Town fans commenting that they didn't know it wasn't behind closed doors anymore, which is fair enough becauae not everyone in GY is going to be up-to-date with Wales' covid restrictions. That could've been easily avoided with a simple social media statement a few days ago of 'now that we know Town fans will be able to attend, we'll update you as soon as we hear about ticket arrangements from Wxm'. Nothing fancy, just a heads up instead of radio silence
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
aldi_01
January 20, 2022, 5:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
It’s this constant obsession with making all of our games all ticket. It’s bizarre. Perhaps if this was a Saturday game then I could may be see it but it’s not, it’s a Tuesday night but now it’s all ticket, those that won’t know until the day or can get off on a flier etc can’t go.

Surely at some point we have to push back as a club, it’s like we’re having the urine taken out of us.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
Davec
January 20, 2022, 7:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,442
Gold Stars: 42
I do think the club should form some kind of resistance to this, how many times has it been already this season that a game is declared all ticket with no sales on the day but then only a few hours before kick off we get notified that you can pay on the day afterall if you want to!

I appreciate the fact the club can not make decisions of their own accord about ticketing arrangements for away games but surely they can protest at such arrangements in the strongest possible form.

I remember Debbie Cook on the DN35 podcast and when talking about games moved due to police advice she basically indicated there was no reason to try and resist such changes as the police must have a good reason to do it... What's wrong in proper challenging the police and asking for a rationale and then challenging this rationale?

All of this can be done politely, we don't need to be aggressive and confrontational.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
toontown
January 20, 2022, 8:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Davec
I do think the club should form some kind of resistance to this, how many times has it been already this season that a game is declared all ticket with no sales on the day but then only a few hours before kick off we get notified that you can pay on the day afterall if you want to!

I appreciate the fact the club can not make decisions of their own accord about ticketing arrangements for away games but surely they can protest at such arrangements in the strongest possible form.

I remember Debbie Cook on the DN35 podcast and when talking about games moved due to police advice she basically indicated there was no reason to try and resist such changes as the police must have a good reason to do it... What's wrong in proper challenging the police and asking for a rationale and then challenging this rationale?

All of this can be done politely, we don't need to be aggressive and confrontational.

Yeah I recall that from Debbie and thinking how naive she was thinking there MUST always be a specific justifiable reason for the police to do it, or else they wouldn't. I was very surprised she wasn't challenged on this by the guys on the pod.

The police, like anyone else, prefer an easy life so if they can get their way requesting stuff like this they will. Its no skin off their nose if the away club gets less income or if fewer town fans can go or those that do are inconvenienced. Perhaps word has got around our new owners are rather soft on this and hence more police forces are requesting this even in situations that blatantly don't require it like this one?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
Tinymariner
January 20, 2022, 8:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from ska face

I’m about 90 mins away on a good run. I fancy it but won’t be sure if I can make it until probably midday Tuesday, given work & traffic. How many other fans in & around the north west/West Yorks/West Mids are in that position? We had 1k at Stockport and 1200 at Altrincham, both on Tuesdays, so quite clear we’ve got a decent group of exiles in that area.

Just get fed up of saying it. Nobody at the club is remotely ársed.

I am contemplating going from Blackburn.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham on the 25th

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.