Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: immariner, January 14, 2022, 1:40pm
Welsh government planning to allow spectators back into grounds with no limits in place from the 21st, so we should be able to attend this one

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-59984873
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 15, 2022, 2:36pm; Reply: 1
Has anyone told anyone at the club? There would normally have been some sort of communication from the club by now. They were quick enough to enlighten people about the Notts County / Notts Fortest situation.
Posted by: Blue Mariner, January 17, 2022, 10:28am; Reply: 2
On sale on the Wrexham site - for their members.
Posted by: immariner, January 18, 2022, 11:22am; Reply: 3
Still no news on this one. Leaving it very tight for exiles and posted tickets. I don't think Wrexham issue QR codes.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, January 18, 2022, 11:43am; Reply: 4
The hotel and trains are two or three times the amount now that I could have booked in advance a few weeks or months ago so one I'll be missing.
Posted by: Blue Mariner, January 18, 2022, 1:57pm; Reply: 5
I spoke to the ticket office: apparently, the Wrexham ticket printer has broken and they haven't yet sent tickets through.

They know that it's looking too late to get them to Grimsby then posted out again to exiles (me!!) and will be looking to see if they will do pay on the gate, or collections from their Ticket Office.
Posted by: immariner, January 18, 2022, 5:09pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Blue Mariner
I spoke to the ticket office: apparently, the Wrexham ticket printer has broken and they haven't yet sent tickets through.

They know that it's looking too late to get them to Grimsby then posted out again to exiles (me!!) and will be looking to see if they will do pay on the gate, or collections from their Ticket Office.

That's tin pot from moneybags Wrexham and it's urine poor communication from GTFC it has to be said. Thanks for posting your info mate
Posted by: aldi_01, January 19, 2022, 6:00am; Reply: 7
I’m confused as to why they won’t be doing pay on the gate? I’d be surprised if we took anymore than 1000 with it being a midweek.

I know they’re selling big numbers but they can still limit that, they’d not lose too much.

Or just let folk order and do collection at the ground…not hard is it?
Posted by: supertown, January 19, 2022, 8:17am; Reply: 8
Maybe worried about home fans going in there
Posted by: Croxton, January 19, 2022, 10:45am; Reply: 9
https://gtfc.co.uk/wrexham-ticket-information/

GTFC   are printing tickets.
Posted by: ska face, January 19, 2022, 10:51am; Reply: 10
All ticket - no sales on the night.

Another one for the list
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 19, 2022, 12:58pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from ska face
All ticket - no sales on the night.

Another one for the list

It's getting beyond a joke now. I had this one booked off work and was gonna do an overnighter but the lack of communication from both clubs mean it's way too late/expensive to get sorted out now.
Posted by: ska face, January 19, 2022, 3:12pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Son of Cod

It's getting beyond a joke now. I had this one booked off work and was gonna do an overnighter but the lack of communication from both clubs mean it's way too late/expensive to get sorted out now.

I’m about 90 mins away on a good run. I fancy it but won’t be sure if I can make it until probably midday Tuesday, given work & traffic. How many other fans in & around the north west/West Yorks/West Mids are in that position? We had 1k at Stockport and 1200 at Altrincham, both on Tuesdays, so quite clear we’ve got a decent group of exiles in that area.

Just get fed up of saying it. Nobody at the club is remotely ársed.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 19, 2022, 3:44pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from ska face

I don't think we receive any of the gate money for away games do we? I don't think it's a case of that though, I think they haven't announced anything previously because there was nothing to announce and it isn't the clubs fault Wrexham are making things as difficult as possible too.

There is a fine balance between posting unnecessary statements when there is nothing to say and explaining that there is nothing to report at the current time. Maybe this is a situation where we could potentially have been kept in the loop a bit more, I don't know.

One thing I am sick of though is clubs making it extremely difficult for us.
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 19, 2022, 4:11pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from ska face

I’m about 90 mins away on a good run. I fancy it but won’t be sure if I can make it until probably midday Tuesday, given work & traffic. How many other fans in & around the north west/West Yorks/West Mids are in that position? We had 1k at Stockport and 1200 at Altrincham, both on Tuesdays, so quite clear we’ve got a decent group of exiles in that area.

Similar situation here, in Sheffield, not sure what time I can get out of work on the day, just not going to bother going now. Shite from Wrexham, shite from our ticket office.
Posted by: KingsleysHair, January 19, 2022, 4:21pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Chrisblor

Similar situation here, in Sheffield, not sure what time I can get out of work on the day, just not going to bother going now. Shite from Wrexham, shite from our ticket office.

What is it with people wanting to beat our club at any opportunity? Wales only announced lifting the regs what? 5 days ago? You’ve then got to wait for Wrexham to pull their finger out and decide what they’re doing before they’d let Town know anything.
Posted by: ska face, January 19, 2022, 4:51pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I don't think we receive any of the gate money for away games do we? I don't think it's a case of that though, I think they haven't announced anything previously because there was nothing to announce and it isn't the clubs fault Wrexham are making things as difficult as possible too.

There is a fine balance between posting unnecessary statements when there is nothing to say and explaining that there is nothing to report at the current time. Maybe this is a situation where we could potentially have been kept in the loop a bit more, I don't know.

One thing I am sick of though is clubs making it extremely difficult for us.

Nobody’s asking for an unnecessary statement. People are merely asking for a bit of consideration for anyone who doesn’t fit the presumed image of a town fan. Is there any reasonable justification for this being all ticket?
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 19, 2022, 4:56pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from KingsleysHair

What is it with people wanting to beat our club at any opportunity? Wales only announced lifting the regs what? 5 days ago? You’ve then got to wait for Wrexham to pull their finger out and decide what they’re doing before they’d let Town know anything.

Because they keep meekly accepting unjustified all ticket demands from other clubs, and in this instance by printing out tickets for Wrexham are actually assisting them in implementing a situation which makes it difficult or nigh on impossible for town fans to attend if they're not 100% certain in advance they can make it on the day.

It's 2022, if clubs want to insist on all ticket arrangements then they should let away supporters purchase tickets electronically, up until the day of the match. Some much smaller clubs in this division have done that this year (Woking / Dag & Red) and they just check the pdf on your phone when going through the turnstile. It's a massive fuckabout getting our own ticket office to post out tickets, and having to pay the postage and handling fees (which in the case of Solihull was a flipping A4 print out of an eticket that Solihull had sent to gtfc). In this case I can't even do that, because I won't know until Tuesday whether or not I can go to the match. We won't sell out our allocation, so why not allow away supporters to buy a ticket on the day? What is it with people wanting to paint justified and constructive criticism as 'beating our club' at any opportunity?
Posted by: Blue Mariner, January 19, 2022, 5:04pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Chrisblor

Shite from Wrexham - not shite from our Ticket Office who are at the mercy of Wrexham.  We can't magic up tickets without permission/knowledge/agreement.
Posted by: Croxton, January 19, 2022, 6:48pm; Reply: 19
Even Alfreton were selling E tickets.  I was able to pick up a ticket from the office at Bromsgrove Sporting brought by Kristine and Chesterfield allowed pick ups too. Our office are not the problem but exile supporters do need info as early as possible.

Just travelling to some of these places is a logistical nightmare. I am tempted to get a ticket at Saturday's game as I have never been to Wrexham and the weather looks benign. Perhaps a small number of prepaid tickets could travel across with the buses?
Posted by: immariner, January 19, 2022, 7:23pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Blue Mariner

Shite from Wrexham - not shite from our Ticket Office who are at the mercy of Wrexham.  We can't magic up tickets without permission/knowledge/agreement.

I refrain from criticising the club usually and completely take on board that Wxm are tinpot tossers but it's been compounded by us. The ticket office told you yesterday lunchtime (bearing in mind that's only 7 days before the fixture) but didn't put it out on social media and the OS until 11am today?

I have seen Town fans commenting that they didn't know it wasn't behind closed doors anymore, which is fair enough becauae not everyone in GY is going to be up-to-date with Wales' covid restrictions. That could've been easily avoided with a simple social media statement a few days ago of 'now that we know Town fans will be able to attend, we'll update you as soon as we hear about ticket arrangements from Wxm'. Nothing fancy, just a heads up instead of radio silence
Posted by: aldi_01, January 20, 2022, 5:57am; Reply: 21
It’s this constant obsession with making all of our games all ticket. It’s bizarre. Perhaps if this was a Saturday game then I could may be see it but it’s not, it’s a Tuesday night but now it’s all ticket, those that won’t know until the day or can get off on a flier etc can’t go.

Surely at some point we have to push back as a club, it’s like we’re having the urine taken out of us.
Posted by: Davec, January 20, 2022, 7:26am; Reply: 22
I do think the club should form some kind of resistance to this, how many times has it been already this season that a game is declared all ticket with no sales on the day but then only a few hours before kick off we get notified that you can pay on the day afterall if you want to!

I appreciate the fact the club can not make decisions of their own accord about ticketing arrangements for away games but surely they can protest at such arrangements in the strongest possible form.

I remember Debbie Cook on the DN35 podcast and when talking about games moved due to police advice she basically indicated there was no reason to try and resist such changes as the police must have a good reason to do it... What's wrong in proper challenging the police and asking for a rationale and then challenging this rationale?

All of this can be done politely, we don't need to be aggressive and confrontational.
Posted by: toontown, January 20, 2022, 8:04am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Davec
I do think the club should form some kind of resistance to this, how many times has it been already this season that a game is declared all ticket with no sales on the day but then only a few hours before kick off we get notified that you can pay on the day afterall if you want to!

I appreciate the fact the club can not make decisions of their own accord about ticketing arrangements for away games but surely they can protest at such arrangements in the strongest possible form.

I remember Debbie Cook on the DN35 podcast and when talking about games moved due to police advice she basically indicated there was no reason to try and resist such changes as the police must have a good reason to do it... What's wrong in proper challenging the police and asking for a rationale and then challenging this rationale?

All of this can be done politely, we don't need to be aggressive and confrontational.

Yeah I recall that from Debbie and thinking how naive she was thinking there MUST always be a specific justifiable reason for the police to do it, or else they wouldn't. I was very surprised she wasn't challenged on this by the guys on the pod.

The police, like anyone else, prefer an easy life so if they can get their way requesting stuff like this they will. Its no skin off their nose if the away club gets less income or if fewer town fans can go or those that do are inconvenienced. Perhaps word has got around our new owners are rather soft on this and hence more police forces are requesting this even in situations that blatantly don't require it like this one?
Posted by: Tinymariner, January 20, 2022, 8:41pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from ska face

I am contemplating going from Blackburn.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 12:41pm