Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from ska face
All ticket - no sales on the night.

Another one for the list

It's getting beyond a joke now. I had this one booked off work and was gonna do an overnighter but the lack of communication from both clubs mean it's way too late/expensive to get sorted out now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
ska face
January 19, 2022, 3:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Quoted from Son of Cod

It's getting beyond a joke now. I had this one booked off work and was gonna do an overnighter but the lack of communication from both clubs mean it's way too late/expensive to get sorted out now.

I’m about 90 mins away on a good run. I fancy it but won’t be sure if I can make it until probably midday Tuesday, given work & traffic. How many other fans in & around the north west/West Yorks/West Mids are in that position? We had 1k at Stockport and 1200 at Altrincham, both on Tuesdays, so quite clear we’ve got a decent group of exiles in that area.

Just get fed up of saying it. Nobody at the club is remotely ársed.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
jamesgtfc
January 19, 2022, 3:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from ska face

I don't think we receive any of the gate money for away games do we? I don't think it's a case of that though, I think they haven't announced anything previously because there was nothing to announce and it isn't the clubs fault Wrexham are making things as difficult as possible too.

There is a fine balance between posting unnecessary statements when there is nothing to say and explaining that there is nothing to report at the current time. Maybe this is a situation where we could potentially have been kept in the loop a bit more, I don't know.

One thing I am sick of though is clubs making it extremely difficult for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
Chrisblor
January 19, 2022, 4:11pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from ska face

I’m about 90 mins away on a good run. I fancy it but won’t be sure if I can make it until probably midday Tuesday, given work & traffic. How many other fans in & around the north west/West Yorks/West Mids are in that position? We had 1k at Stockport and 1200 at Altrincham, both on Tuesdays, so quite clear we’ve got a decent group of exiles in that area.

Similar situation here, in Sheffield, not sure what time I can get out of work on the day, just not going to bother going now. Shite from Wrexham, shite from our ticket office.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
KingsleysHair
January 19, 2022, 4:21pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +249
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Chrisblor

Similar situation here, in Sheffield, not sure what time I can get out of work on the day, just not going to bother going now. Shite from Wrexham, shite from our ticket office.

What is it with people wanting to beat our club at any opportunity? Wales only announced lifting the regs what? 5 days ago? You’ve then got to wait for Wrexham to pull their finger out and decide what they’re doing before they’d let Town know anything.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
ska face
January 19, 2022, 4:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I don't think we receive any of the gate money for away games do we? I don't think it's a case of that though, I think they haven't announced anything previously because there was nothing to announce and it isn't the clubs fault Wrexham are making things as difficult as possible too.

There is a fine balance between posting unnecessary statements when there is nothing to say and explaining that there is nothing to report at the current time. Maybe this is a situation where we could potentially have been kept in the loop a bit more, I don't know.

One thing I am sick of though is clubs making it extremely difficult for us.

Nobody’s asking for an unnecessary statement. People are merely asking for a bit of consideration for anyone who doesn’t fit the presumed image of a town fan. Is there any reasonable justification for this being all ticket?
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
Chrisblor
January 19, 2022, 4:56pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from KingsleysHair

What is it with people wanting to beat our club at any opportunity? Wales only announced lifting the regs what? 5 days ago? You’ve then got to wait for Wrexham to pull their finger out and decide what they’re doing before they’d let Town know anything.

Because they keep meekly accepting unjustified all ticket demands from other clubs, and in this instance by printing out tickets for Wrexham are actually assisting them in implementing a situation which makes it difficult or nigh on impossible for town fans to attend if they're not 100% certain in advance they can make it on the day.

It's 2022, if clubs want to insist on all ticket arrangements then they should let away supporters purchase tickets electronically, up until the day of the match. Some much smaller clubs in this division have done that this year (Woking / Dag & Red) and they just check the pdf on your phone when going through the turnstile. It's a massive fuckabout getting our own ticket office to post out tickets, and having to pay the postage and handling fees (which in the case of Solihull was a flipping A4 print out of an eticket that Solihull had sent to gtfc). In this case I can't even do that, because I won't know until Tuesday whether or not I can go to the match. We won't sell out our allocation, so why not allow away supporters to buy a ticket on the day? What is it with people wanting to paint justified and constructive criticism as 'beating our club' at any opportunity?

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
Blue Mariner
January 19, 2022, 5:04pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +32
Quoted from Chrisblor

Shite from Wrexham - not shite from our Ticket Office who are at the mercy of Wrexham.  We can't magic up tickets without permission/knowledge/agreement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
Croxton
January 19, 2022, 6:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Even Alfreton were selling E tickets.  I was able to pick up a ticket from the office at Bromsgrove Sporting brought by Kristine and Chesterfield allowed pick ups too. Our office are not the problem but exile supporters do need info as early as possible.

Just travelling to some of these places is a logistical nightmare. I am tempted to get a ticket at Saturday's game as I have never been to Wrexham and the weather looks benign. Perhaps a small number of prepaid tickets could travel across with the buses?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham on the 25th

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.