4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
marinerjase
January 6, 2022, 3:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,639
Gold Stars: 147
Ok..so bare with me..as some will know lost my Mum very recently to cancer -want to do something to raise funds for Macmillan- I keep myself to myself so raising sufficient funds that’ll make a difference may prove difficult -so therefore I’m thinking those people with an interest in footy, GTFC - would maybe like to get involved, participate, organise, assist in a charity walk from a local club to end at Blundell Park before a Saturday game or something? That way can engage with anyone who may have lost a family member, or is suffering themselves, or knows someone going through cancer, and wants to do something collectively??

Would be extremely grateful for any help, feedback in getting this off the ground and organised. A subject obviously close to my heart and I want to do something desperately in remembrance of my Mum, and to help others.

If anyone is interested, or would be in any capacity..be it participating, help generating interest, organising, raising attention , anything at all - please feel free to drop me a message, or share the above.

Many thanks 🙏

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Online
Private Message
Les Brechin
January 6, 2022, 3:29pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,708
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from marinerjase
Ok..so bare with me..as some will know lost my Mum very recently to cancer -want to do something to raise funds for Macmillan- I keep myself to myself so raising sufficient funds that’ll make a difference may prove difficult -so therefore I’m thinking those people with an interest in footy, GTFC - would maybe like to get involved, participate, organise, assist in a charity walk from a local club to end at Blundell Park before a Saturday game or something? That way can engage with anyone who may have lost a family member, or is suffering themselves, or knows someone going through cancer, and wants to do something collectively??

Would be extremely grateful for any help, feedback in getting this off the ground and organised. A subject obviously close to my heart and I want to do something desperately in remembrance of my Mum, and to help others.

If anyone is interested, or would be in any capacity..be it participating, help generating interest, organising, raising attention , anything at all - please feel free to drop me a message, or share the above.

Many thanks 🙏

Have you looked on The McMillan website Jase? As you know, I regularly raise funds for The Brain Tumour Charity and have twice done their annual "Twilight 10k walk". I'm sure McMillan with have a similar organised event.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 39
lukeo
January 6, 2022, 9:55pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
I lost my nan 6 years ago to cancer, I used to donate toys regularly to mcmillans shops and donate money on her birthday.... I've been thinking for a while I'd like to do an event, something different. The only bizarre idea I could come up with is to scooter to a home game in the sumer holidays ( I live in Somerset!!)
Anyway, whatever you do keep us informed, I'll happily donate to the cause. There's alot you could do though, maybe write down ideas on a piece of paper and see what you feel suits you best.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 39
acko338
January 7, 2022, 5:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
I did a double fire walk for Macmillan about 4 years ago - tremendous experience, and personally raised about £500 after expenses needed to pay for the event safety organisers.

2nd one was after a crowd bucket collection - the wife was generous, apparently ???

Would definitely do it again for the cause !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 39
marinerjase
January 9, 2022, 6:21pm
Champagne Drinker

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 39
cmackenzie4
January 9, 2022, 7:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
My son Harry and me would love to join in on the walk  as well as make a contribution to Macmillan, I think the meet up at a local pub and walk to the ground would be a great idea and a Saturday would suit us both (Harry and me)  let us know what date you are looking at Jase.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 39
marinerjase
February 6, 2022, 1:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Hope no-one minds the post /

As has been highlighted on here just this last week, Cancer affects virtually every family in one way or another..Im raising funds for MacMillan as I lost my Mum to cancer 21 December, and I’m walking from Hull City to Blundell Park on Good Friday, (hopefully) arriving in time for the match v Stockport - it’s going to take me 9 hours or so..so very early start - if any Town fan would like to contribute or share it’d be very much appreciated. Thanks. UTM

https://www.justgiving.com/fun.....m_term=1641724413789

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 39
AussieMariner
February 6, 2022, 3:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from marinerjase
Hope no-one minds the post /

As has been highlighted on here just this last week, Cancer affects virtually every family in one way or another..Im raising funds for MacMillan as I lost my Mum to cancer 21 December, and I’m walking from Hull City to Blundell Park on Good Friday, (hopefully) arriving in time for the match v Stockport - it’s going to take me 9 hours or so..so very early start - if any Town fan would like to contribute or share it’d be very much appreciated. Thanks. UTM

https://www.justgiving.com/fun.....m_term=1641724413789

What time are you starting Jase? Around 5am?
My mum also died from cancer on Jan 7th - we had her funeral last week. She was 99yo and her illness was quite short, but the MacMillan nurses were very caring and it was a source of comfort to know they were there, so I’d like to join you on the walk and see if I can help raise some extra money for your fundraiser.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 39
marinerjase
February 6, 2022, 3:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Hi mate, more than welcome - I’m planning on leaving Hulls ground 4.30am. I’ve booked into a B&B nearby night before - more than welcome to message me and we can sort something out, more the merrier, and if it helps raise money it’s fantastic. Look forward to hearing from you/meeting you. 👍

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 39
marinerjase
February 6, 2022, 3:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Ps- sorry for your loss AussieMariner

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 39
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fundraising help

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.