5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
December 21, 2021, 9:40am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,964
Gold Stars: 356
I would hope the National League will allow them to postpone their home game on Boxing Day. Their next home game after that is Tuesday 25th January against us.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 40
realist
December 21, 2021, 9:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
No sympathy at all. They voted for their leaders, and they shouldn't be in our leagues anyway
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 40
GollyGTFC
December 21, 2021, 9:55am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from fishboyUTM
The Drakeford is an anus.

It’s a shame we don’t have a Prime Minister who prioritises protecting the NHS and key public services ahead of protecting himself, those in his inner circle & having to worry about the nutters in his party from sending letters in to Graham Brady & finishing him off.

At times of crisis you need a leader who does the right thing ahead of making himself popular or making decisions based on being re-elected in the future by pandering to the anti-everything mob.

If it was Drakeford or Johnson give me Drakeford everytime.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 40
Gaffer58
December 21, 2021, 10:08am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Easy for Drakeford and and Sturgeon to impose lockdowns that impinge on the economy, they just hold out their begging bowls to us nasty English and we give them another few billion pounds,as happened at the back of last week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 40
GollyGTFC
December 21, 2021, 10:17am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Gaffer58
Easy for Drakeford and and Sturgeon to impose lockdowns that impinge on the economy, they just hold out their begging bowls to us nasty English and we give them another few billion pounds,as happened at the back of last week.

Scottish and Welsh tax payers pay into the same pot as us, so are equally as entitled to help when required.

Don’t forget that Thatcher’s revolution in the 80s was funded with the revenue from North Sea Oil. Without the black gold off the coast of Scotland Thatcherism couldn’t have happened.

The myth that Scotland & Wales takes more from the union than they put in is just that. It’s not true and when English people use the lie as a stick to beat Wales & Scotland with it just fuels the SNP and makes the break up of the union more likely.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 40
diehardmariner
December 21, 2021, 10:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Scottish and Welsh tax payers pay into the same pot as us, so are equally as entitled to help when required.

Don’t forget that Thatcher’s revolution in the 80s was funded with the revenue from North Sea Oil. Without the black gold off the coast of Scotland Thatcherism couldn’t have happened.

The myth that Scotland & Wales takes more from the union than they put in is just that. It’s not true and when English people use the lie as a stick to beat Wales & Scotland with it just fuels the SNP and makes the break up of the union more likely.

I think it's a bit neither/or type situation.  https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-has-scotland-subsidised-the-rest-of-the-uk - generally a lack of evidence on either side to support the argument.

What I would say is that I imagine both Wales and Scotland would be weaker in terms of negotiations and trade, not to mention as a military force, by not sitting in the Union.   However, they would also be able to rejoin the EU...which in turn would strengthen them to a position far greater than those that remain in the Union.  If, big if, either Scotland or Wales gain complete independence from the Union, I think it could have a domino effect and we see breakaways of regions from England.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 40
pen penfras
December 21, 2021, 12:05pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from diehardmariner

I think it's a bit neither/or type situation.  https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-has-scotland-subsidised-the-rest-of-the-uk - generally a lack of evidence on either side to support the argument.

What I would say is that I imagine both Wales and Scotland would be weaker in terms of negotiations and trade, not to mention as a military force, by not sitting in the Union.   However, they would also be able to rejoin the EU...which in turn would strengthen them to a position far greater than those that remain in the Union.  If, big if, either Scotland or Wales gain complete independence from the Union, I think it could have a domino effect and we see breakaways of regions from England.

They wouldn't be able to join the EU. Look at the mess with NI and that's with a sea separating us. No way will we or the EU let that happen.

Wales definitely take more than they pay. Scotland is a difficult one, but when the green revolution comes and the oil drilling stops then they will be firmly taking too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 40
Maringer
December 21, 2021, 12:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,497
Gold Stars: 185
Drakeford is a former Professor of Social Policy who has a good grasp of public health issues and is highly respected in Wales.

Johnson is a former journalist, known for his laziness, dishonesty and willingness to say anything which will benefit him, regardless of the wider consequences. Nobody believes a word he says.

I know which one I'd prefer to see directing public policy.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 40
diehardmariner
December 21, 2021, 12:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from pen penfras

They wouldn't be able to join the EU. Look at the mess with NI and that's with a sea separating us. No way will we or the EU let that happen.

Wales definitely take more than they pay. Scotland is a difficult one, but when the green revolution comes and the oil drilling stops then they will be firmly taking too.

They would be an independent nation, dictating their own fate. Once 'divorced' the influence of London and the UK over Scotland would be no more than the influence over say Norway or Iceland, i.e none.  The EU would gladly have them in, Scotland especially if only from a military strategic position.  Independent of the Union, Scotland would have to apply as per Article 49 with the requirements that they meet the Copenhagen criteria, which they would as a former member of the EU (under the UK umbrella).

Don't see how the borders would be an issue to be honest.  The only opposition I can imagine would be from the likes of Spain as they've got their own internal issues with separatist movements, but as long as the separation from London was legal it would go through smoothly.  
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 40
Son of Cod
December 21, 2021, 1:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Civvy at last
They had a 9000 sell out on Boxing Day !!
I know there are arguments as to wether they should be in an ‘English’ league. And the same for Swansea I guess.
But playing behind closed doors whilst all your opponents don’t have to doesn’t seem right to me.

Having a different transfer window to the rest of the division is ridiculously harsh on them too. However, on the other hand they've got players on annual wages that are getting on for half of entire squads in this division and their owners have global reach and resources beyond the wildest dreams of all other clubs in the Conference so fuck 'em.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.