Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › On way back/Just Back on the bus (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 183 Guests

On way back/Just Back on the bus (merged)

This thread currently has 5,870 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
November 24, 2021, 11:33am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
think the other point to make is that we are pretty easy to set up against.

put 2 men on Sousa

last night Taylor did a couple of great early flick ons, after that they just nullified him generally. Without McAtee they can pretty safely play 2 c.b's close together and get around Taylor

Hassle Hunt - he's good if he's got the time but i've noticed increasingly that he is being 'mobbed' when he gets the ball

The Hunt Waterfall dead ball scenario hasn't been successful for many weeks, as it's been sussed out

and to cap it all off, i was another one to get a £35 parking ticket!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 64
GYinScuntland
November 24, 2021, 12:56pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
That was a bit pants.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 64
Mariner Timsky
November 24, 2021, 1:44pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from forza ivano
think the other point to make is that we are pretty easy to set up against.

put 2 men on Sousa

last night Taylor did a couple of great early flick ons, after that they just nullified him generally. Without McAtee they can pretty safely play 2 c.b's close together and get around Taylor

Hassle Hunt - he's good if he's got the time but i've noticed increasingly that he is being 'mobbed' when he gets the ball

The Hunt Waterfall dead ball scenario hasn't been successful for many weeks, as it's been sussed out

and to cap it all off, i was another one to get a £35 parking ticket!

Agree about all what you said - I think thats the general thing about most games recently - we have been sussed out and we dont seem to have a plan B - I'm sure we have said all this before with Town

Sorry to hear about the ticket - was you on the housing estate past the ground or on a main road near the ground?

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 64
Croxton
November 24, 2021, 5:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from thornemariner

You were with my colleague of thirty years ago and long standing friend. He tipped me off about a road to park on which was just ten minutes walk away from Solihull Moors.  

We met up at the ground and were allowed in together by the friendly stewards so we could catch up over a drink before I went back out and around to the away end. That was very good of them. A good evening for that reason despite the result.

And what a pleasant chap to have a pre match pint with. Glad a few of us were spared the NCP madness. If Solihull are promoted they will have to update their travel and parking guide to match their excellent playing surface.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 64
Happy_Mariner
November 24, 2021, 6:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +69
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

The whole parking ticket thing was balderdash. No restrictions posted so what were they for? We’d parked further up so didn’t get one but it just stops people wanting to come to their tawdry little ground

That’s what got me. Not red lines and no signs where we were parked. They must have made £1000s last night with the number of cars ticketed. I’ve appealed but no doubt won’t go anywhere.

Big queue for food but I did enjoy the burger though!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › On way back/Just Back on the bus (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.