ginnywings
November 6, 2021, 10:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MaccasBoots

Completely agree with this re getting a creative player in. As much as everyone wants a goalscoring number 9 (including me!) perhaps what we are more in need of is a number 10 who can create goalscoring opportunities while also getting involved in the penalty area

We have one but he's currently injured.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 31
Davec
November 6, 2021, 10:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
That was very drab, Kiddy certainly wanted it more than us and we look nothing without Mcatee, we don't even look like scoring a goal atm which is concerning and does highlight that we can't just rely on Mcatee, Taylor was very isolated at times, no players near him at times which needs to be addressed, The formation never worked at all and it shows we do need reinforcements, Revan to me looks nowhere near ready for mens football, I know he looked excellent against Bromsgrove but every other time he's looked lost, Grant i thought did ok when he came on and I am hoping he can turn out to be effective when fit.

Improvements needed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 31
MuddyWaters
November 6, 2021, 10:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Davec
That was very drab, Kiddy certainly wanted it more than us and we look nothing without Mcatee, we don't even look like scoring a goal atm which is concerning and does highlight that we can't just rely on Mcatee, Taylor was very isolated at times, no players near him at times which needs to be addressed, The formation never worked at all and it shows we do need reinforcements, Revan to me looks nowhere near ready for mens football, I know he looked excellent against Bromsgrove but every other time he's looked lost, Grant i thought did ok when he came on and I am hoping he can turn out to be effective when fit.

Improvements needed.

Got to agree about Revan. Poor when he came on for Sears last week and an inadequate replacement for Crookes today.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 31
Maringer
November 6, 2021, 11:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Thing to remember about Revan is that today was his 5th appearance in 1st team football. Not too surprising he's likely to be more miss than hit given that record.

The lack of goals over the past few games is a concern though I don't really count the loss against Notts County in the same bracket as Wealdstone or today as that was against a decent team and we certainly didn't deserve to lose. The issue is that, without McAtee, we seem are struggling to find a way to beat supposed 'lesser' teams away from home. Other than Sousa, I do think we are lacking real pace in the attacking positions which will certainly not help.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 31
pontoonlew
November 6, 2021, 11:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Got to agree about Revan. Poor when he came on for Sears last week and an inadequate replacement for Crookes today.

Been trying to say this about Revan for weeks, he looks a million miles away from being a professional footballer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 31
davmariner
November 6, 2021, 11:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Would have liked to have seen Pearson get a run-out in the cup. Must be a difficult one for him to take not even being given a chance in the cup, despite us looking a bit suspect defensively (and conceding sloppily) in the last few games.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 31
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
November 7, 2021, 6:50am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Yesterday was not the day to start changing to three at the back, the players looked disjointed and the wing backs were totally ineffective. Change the personal by all means but play a formation that they know.

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 31
lukeo
November 7, 2021, 6:56am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
I didn't go today so can't comment too much. But what I will say is I'm staying positive and upbeat UNLESS we don't win away to Aldershot then I'll be concerned and start to think what's going wrong. All teams go through good and bad patches, let's hope this is our bad patch and for me Aldershot is a perfect opponent to try turn this form around. UTM
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 31
ginnywings
November 7, 2021, 8:58am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
Yesterday was not the day to start changing to three at the back, the players looked disjointed and the wing backs were totally ineffective. Change the personal by all means but play a formation that they know.

I don't think it's about formations as such. Nobody mentions changes of personnel and formations when we are winning games. Injuries forced a lot of the changes I would imagine but we didn't compete as a team by the sound of it. They wanted it more and we are in a poor run of form.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 31
Hagrid
November 7, 2021, 9:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,389
Gold Stars: 534
Yesterday was first time for myself this season showing any disgruntlement towards players and manager alike

Listened to PH Postmatch and he was fairly damning of the players, i cant deny a little concern
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.