arryarryarry
November 6, 2021, 6:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from DB
It's a sad day when we go out of the cup to the team in a league below us. The mitigating summary is the ref gave them a penalty and he failed to give us one. Again the lack of a No 9 is apparent and don't we all know it.

We also know that Hurst said he had been out trying to get one and for whatever reason, they didn't want to come. It's alright shouting get a No 9 but you have to get the RIGHT person. 1878 have already said that money will be made available if needed, so it's needed but for the right person. The right person is someone who adds to the entire squad, Wrexham and Stockport have splashed the cash but are not in the top two.

Positive as I am I always knew we would have bad periods, it's called football and all clubs go through it. Six months ago mid-table was said, by some, to be the best we might get or even get into the top 7! We have had a dream start and reality now kicks in, I've enjoyed it and we should have embraced it.

Played 3 and had no goals and that is a problem. All managers want a goalscorer but as some have pointed out managers in the leagues above us are reluctant to release their 2/3 rate strikers because of a possible injury to their main strikers. The Jan window is still a long way off for them to release anyone. So the problem for Hurst is not money but the availability of identified strikers, be it on loan or a signing.

The Hurst out brigade are out in force along with the negative posters on here. We are all supporters of the club( Apart from Imps & Scunts on here) so stop being negative. Accept the results as part of the game and don't forget a bad run is better now than a bad run in spring. We just seem to have a run of away games so we ALL should be thankful to all the fans who travel to the away games.

Win the next 2 games and today will be forgotten. The future is still rosy and my glass is half full, we should all get behind the squad and give them our full support.

There is nothing to mitigate, that was just a pile of crap.

We never in the whole game looked a league above.
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 123
Ipswin
November 6, 2021, 6:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from KingstonMariner

At that point you hadn’t actually said anything. So I wasn’t disagreeing with you or agreeing.

You don't think today's performance was crap then?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 123
Mariner93er
November 6, 2021, 6:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
Haven’t read the rest of the thread but I think today falls at Hurst’s feet (I’m a Hurst fan). The system today clearly didn’t work and we didn’t change it until too late. Went with a Villa supporting mate and he was impressed with the support, but surprised at how bad we were.

Disappointing day all round.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 123
dapperz fun pub
November 6, 2021, 6:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Real title contenders don’t lose 3 games on the bounce normally , if we don’t strengthen in jan it’s the play off lottery to look forward too 😞 not given up hope but some quality additions needed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 123
golfer
November 6, 2021, 9:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Thing is everyone in this team can score goals weve seen that, but were not coming out on the all out attack like we did against barnet, feels like weve forgot how to throw caution to the wind and are losing 1-0 every game because were trying to win 1-0 ourselves instead of trying to win 4-3

We can't play any other way when we have 4 centre halves in the squad and a player who hardly goes in the opposing half -and several players being expected to play in the wrong position
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 123
friskneymariner
November 6, 2021, 9:49pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
not been  much of a legal officer if I did not, ...........  your call.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 123
Mariner Timsky
November 6, 2021, 9:56pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
The question now is how long will this winless and non scoring run go on for ??

We know from before that with Hurst we get these runs and they can last

Yes the next two are VERY winnable but arguably so where the last three

Before we know it we are 5 without a win

We need a reaction from Hurst and the players starting next Sat at Aldershot

Let’s not blow this good start - it’s now time to fight and get back on top

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 123
KingstonMariner
November 7, 2021, 8:08am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin

You don't think today's performance was crap then?

Not having seen it, it’s difficult to tell directly. The commentary by Tondeur was crap it was hard to follow so I reserved judgment.

Since then I’ve read comments by the ‘just backers’ and on the basis of that I’d say yes it was crap.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 123
RonMariner
November 7, 2021, 11:30am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,669
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Ipswin
Well if Sousa, Hunt, Wright, Crookes and McAtee are all injured or 'walkig wounded' it just shows how weak the squad, (described by many as 'having depth') really is if we can't bout together a team to score against, never mind beat a lower league side

To be fair I am not sure how many clubs could do well having five of their best players unavailable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 123
Mayaman
November 7, 2021, 12:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Grimsby2012
Fairly evident that the lack of a main striker signing is now more evident than ever.

I was only listening but it didn't seem to me that there was much service.  Long balls into a headwind.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 123
13 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kidderminster Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.