Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 6, 2021, 5:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553
Quoted from friskneymariner
This just demonstrates Hurst has not abandoned his obdurate streak,his failure to bring in a striker is now becoming culpable negligence . 6  league points and a potential cup run down the drain,this could prove costly at the end of the season.Come on Hurst the extra revenue from increased attendance means we can well afford a decent striker.Do not squander the feel good factor the fans have only limited patience.

Do you even know what culpable negligence means? Something tells me you don’t!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 123
DB
November 6, 2021, 5:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Madeleymariner
I would rather lose an FA cup match in spring than November DB

I'd rather win one at Wembley.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 123
Humbercod
November 6, 2021, 5:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from DB
It's a sad day when we go out of the cup to the team in a league below us. The mitigating summary is the ref gave them a penalty and he failed to give us one. Again the lack of a No 9 is apparent and don't we all know it.

We also know that Hurst said he had been out trying to get one and for whatever reason, they didn't want to come. It's alright shouting get a No 9 but you have to get the RIGHT person. 1878 have already said that money will be made available if needed, so it's needed but for the right person. The right person is someone who adds to the entire squad, Wrexham and Stockport have splashed the cash but are not in the top two.

Positive as I am I always knew we would have bad periods, it's called football and all clubs go through it. Six months ago mid-table was said, by some, to be the best we might get or even get into the top 7! We have had a dream start and reality now kicks in, I've enjoyed it and we should have embraced it.

Played 3 and had no goals and that is a problem. All managers want a goalscorer but as some have pointed out managers in the leagues above us are reluctant to release their 2/3 rate strikers because of a possible injury to their main strikers. The Jan window is still a long way off for them to release anyone. So the problem for Hurst is not money but the availability of identified strikers, be it on loan or a signing.

The Hurst out brigade are out in force along with the negative posters on here. We are all supporters of the club( Apart from Imps & Scunts on here) so stop being negative. Accept the results as part of the game and don't forget a bad run is better now than a bad run in spring. We just seem to have a run of away games so we ALL should be thankful to all the fans who travel to the away games.

Win the next 2 games and today will be forgotten. The future is still rosy and my glass is half full, we should all get behind the squad and give them our full support.

Correct DB but at the same time let’s not pretend something hasn’t gone worryingly wrong, let’s hope Hurst can fix it and quick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 123
ginnywings
November 6, 2021, 5:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,107
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Ipswin

Possibly, we don't know but I suggest 'resting' is more likely. He is taking great care of Hunt (like Max Wright) but doesn't seem to know whether he prefers Sousa or Bapaga

No skin off my nose we wouldn't have won the cup anyway and compared to usual we have already had a cup run by beating Bromsgrove

I am more concerned how three defeats without troubling the opposition keeper is affecting our league hopes

Well you would, because that would give you a stick to beat Hurst with.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 123
KingstonMariner
November 6, 2021, 5:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin

FFS KIngston even you can't disagree with me this time

At that point you hadn’t actually said anything. So I wasn’t disagreeing with you or agreeing.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 123
Grimal
November 6, 2021, 5:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Humbercod
Defeat to another part time club not good enough we need a the least a goal threat.

I think you'll find they are full time players,not part time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 123
MuddyWaters
November 6, 2021, 5:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Ipswin

Possibly, we don't know but I suggest 'resting' is more likely. He is taking great care of Hunt (like Max Wright) but doesn't seem to know whether he prefers Sousa or Bapaga

No skin off my nose we wouldn't have won the cup anyway and compared to usual we have already had a cup run by beating Bromsgrove

I am more concerned how three defeats without troubling the opposition keeper is affecting our league hopes

Hursts pre match interview said there were a few injured in training on Thursday. Could easily be Hunt (who was on the bench at Bromsgrove), Sousa and Wright, couldn’t it?
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 123
Humbercod
November 6, 2021, 5:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Grimal

I think you'll find they are full time players,not part time.

The match commentary mentioned them being part time but will stand corrected.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 123
ginnywings
November 6, 2021, 6:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,107
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Hursts pre match interview said there were a few injured in training on Thursday. Could easily be Hunt (who was on the bench at Bromsgrove), Sousa and Wright, couldn’t it?

Hurst just confirmed that in his interview, along with Crookes and one or two others walking wounded.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 123
Ipswin
November 6, 2021, 6:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Well if Sousa, Hunt, Wright, Crookes and McAtee are all injured or 'walkig wounded' it just shows how weak the squad, (described by many as 'having depth') really is if we can't bout together a team to score against, never mind beat a lower league side

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 123
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kidderminster Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.