Ipswin
November 6, 2021, 5:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Say what you like. I'm sure you won't mind if people tell you their opinion in response.

FFS KIngston even you can't disagree with me this time

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 123
ginnywings
November 6, 2021, 5:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Bollox!

Just got back from a walk and seen the result. Thought it was a tough draw when it was made, but recent form by both sides made me think it was an even tougher game than it would have been.

I don't know how we played because I didn't listen to the game, but they are only a league below us and in good form on their own patch. There will be bigger shocks this weekend.

Gutted, but that's footy. If you are not at it, teams from leagues below will take advantage.

Worrying run we're on and McAtee is a big miss. He makes us tick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 123
moosey_club
November 6, 2021, 5:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
P1ss poor. Zero goal threat again.
Formation change didn't work, players looked lost going forward.
No matter how much you dominate a game if you fail to score or even register a decent attempt on target then you leave yourself open to a mistake, a decision a wonder strike.

Third game in a row.

Missed Hunt, Mcatee and Sousa.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 123
Ipswin
November 6, 2021, 5:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Where were Sousa and Hunt today? I appreciate he thought he had to rest players (against crappy lower league opposition) but the three young lads were clearly only on the bench for experience and to make up the numbers.

There was no one to bring on who could change the game, we had so few shots on goal even LJL didn't miss any easy chances that's how bad we were!

Private Message
Reply: 93 - 123
friskneymariner
November 6, 2021, 5:20pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
This just demonstrates Hurst has not abandoned his obdurate streak,his failure to bring in a striker is now becoming culpable negligence . 6  league points and a potential cup run down the drain,this could prove costly at the end of the season.Come on Hurst the extra revenue from increased attendance means we can well afford a decent striker.Do not squander the feel good factor the fans have only limited patience.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 123
Madeleymariner
November 6, 2021, 5:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from ginnywings
Bollox!

Just got back from a walk and seen the result. Thought it was a tough draw when it was made, but recent form by both sides made me think it was an even tougher game than it would have been.

I don't know how we played because I didn't listen to the game, but they are only a league below us and in good form on their own patch. [b]There will be bigger shocks this weekend

Gutted, but that's footy. If you are not at it, teams from leagues below will take advantage.

Worrying run we're on and McAtee is a big miss. He makes us tick.

Apart from Sunderland doesn't look like it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 123
ginnywings
November 6, 2021, 5:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Ipswin
Where were Sousa and Hunt today? I appreciate he thought he had to rest players (against crappy lower league opposition) but the three young lads were clearly only on the bench for experience and to make up the numbers.

There was no one to bring on who could change the game, we had so few shots on goal even LJL didn't miss any easy chances that's how bad we were!

Possibly the players that Hurst mentioned as being injured during the week and would miss this game?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 123
DB
November 6, 2021, 5:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386
It's a sad day when we go out of the cup to the team in a league below us. The mitigating summary is the ref gave them a penalty and he failed to give us one. Again the lack of a No 9 is apparent and don't we all know it.

We also know that Hurst said he had been out trying to get one and for whatever reason, they didn't want to come. It's alright shouting get a No 9 but you have to get the RIGHT person. 1878 have already said that money will be made available if needed, so it's needed but for the right person. The right person is someone who adds to the entire squad, Wrexham and Stockport have splashed the cash but are not in the top two.

Positive as I am I always knew we would have bad periods, it's called football and all clubs go through it. Six months ago mid-table was said, by some, to be the best we might get or even get into the top 7! We have had a dream start and reality now kicks in, I've enjoyed it and we should have embraced it.

Played 3 and had no goals and that is a problem. All managers want a goalscorer but as some have pointed out managers in the leagues above us are reluctant to release their 2/3 rate strikers because of a possible injury to their main strikers. The Jan window is still a long way off for them to release anyone. So the problem for Hurst is not money but the availability of identified strikers, be it on loan or a signing.

The Hurst out brigade are out in force along with the negative posters on here. We are all supporters of the club( Apart from Imps & Scunts on here) so stop being negative. Accept the results as part of the game and don't forget a bad run is better now than a bad run in spring. We just seem to have a run of away games so we ALL should be thankful to all the fans who travel to the away games.

Win the next 2 games and today will be forgotten. The future is still rosy and my glass is half full, we should all get behind the squad and give them our full support.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 123
Madeleymariner
November 6, 2021, 5:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
I would rather lose an FA cup match in spring than November DB
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 123
Ipswin
November 6, 2021, 5:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Possibly the players that Hurst mentioned as being injured during the week and would miss this game?

Possibly, we don't know but I suggest 'resting' is more likely. He is taking great care of Hunt (like Max Wright) but doesn't seem to know whether he prefers Sousa or Bapaga

No skin off my nose we wouldn't have won the cup anyway and compared to usual we have already had a cup run by beating Bromsgrove

I am more concerned how three defeats without troubling the opposition keeper is affecting our league hopes

Private Message
Reply: 99 - 123
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kidderminster Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.