5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
October 31, 2021, 6:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,124
Gold Stars: 548
Defeats are harder to take when you are a contender. It hurts more.

We are above where I thought we would be, so not going to get too down about it. I think considering what Hurst started from, he's quickly built a side that can compete at the level we are at and I would have taken a play off spot before the season started anyway, so we are still well on course for that.

Was hoping we would finish top three to make the play offs a little easier, but thought that was being a bit optimistic given we have a whole new squad, but expectation is now higher, hence the disappointment in a lot of the posts.

Without some significant signings, I feel top spot will be very hard to achieve, but top three is very much on the cards, and you just never know; if we get on a good run, the top spot is still in sight.

Long way and a lot of football to play yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 42
aldi_01
November 1, 2021, 6:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Would rather a bad spell now than in March/April…

Imagine if we’d spent what Wrexham and Stockport had…people losing their excrement because we’ve lost games when key players have been out…who’d have thought it…

I’ll take the start we’ve had…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 42
LondonMariner43
November 1, 2021, 8:51am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,951
Gold Stars: 64
I guess the OP wasn't around in 1979/80.  By end of October we'd already lost 7 games.  Wonder where we finished?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bubble has burst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.