Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst pre match.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 306 Guests

Hurst pre match.

This thread currently has 10,036 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
October 29, 2021, 2:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from bobbyturtle

I agree, when did the 10 isolation begin?

This is what intrigues me to be honest, I also didn’t realise it was still ten days or is that some football league thing? I’ve given up even arsing myself to take an interest now.

The club never gave any indication of when, and rightly so, the ones with Covid started their isolation…for all we know, their ten days could be up today for instance…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 73
HerveJosse
October 29, 2021, 2:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Hagrid

he's got to have the support though Swin, he was woefully isolated on Tuesday

Not sure how you can be isolated when your team has 81% of the possession and is camped in the opponents half as was the case on Tuesday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 73
HerveJosse
October 29, 2021, 2:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from acko338
With Hurst's new found sense of humour in interviews, and give nowt away attitude,  I would not be at all surprised if there was a rabbit ( or 2) waiting to jump onto tomorrow's team sheet.

I will be amazed if McAtee is risked, but there could be other surprises even if no loan player comes in at the 11th hour.

Just my take on how he addressed the pre match talk.

Rabbits
Grant in the Mcatee role.
One of the COVID players back earlier then the others ,unlikely they all tested positive on the same day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 73
MuddyWaters
October 29, 2021, 3:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Would be crazy to risk McAtee breaking down, he doesn't have to play next week either.

Personally would play Bapaga & Sousa wide with Hunt the more advanced of a midfield three with Clifton and Fox.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 73
KingstonMariner
October 29, 2021, 3:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HerveJosse

Not sure how you can be isolated when your team has 81% of the possession and is camped in the opponents half as was the case on Tuesday

There was still no bugga near him most of the time. Apart from Wealdstone players that is.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 73
GrimExile
October 29, 2021, 3:52pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Poojah

We look a lot better doing it when McAtee sets the tone and leads from the front - it will be more difficult without his energy.

That said, I still have a hunch he will play…

The way he was limping on Tuesday I’d be very surprised. I do hope I’m wrong though.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 73
HertsGTFC
October 29, 2021, 4:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Would be crazy to risk McAtee breaking down, he doesn't have to play next week either.

Personally would play Bapaga & Sousa wide with Hunt the more advanced of a midfield three with Clifton and Fox.

Agree about McAtee and Hunt being more advanced, would like whoever is playing up front close to LJL.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 73
Zmariner
October 29, 2021, 4:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
For about the first time this season I am not too confident. The forward line does look weak to me tomorrow. No shortage of effort but a clear lack of quality. Getting strikers is very difficult but I feel that we have been in this position for a while now. Maybe one of the youth can step up but without Mc Atee I wonder who will run the channels and make life difficult.
I hope I am proven very wrong here and will be glad !. We got the breaks against Yeovil but did not look dangerous. I would start Wright and Sousa ( Bapaga on the bench this time as an impact sub) . Coke will play I am sure to break up play and he is better at this than going forward. A win tomorrow would be a great result in my opinion and my money is on a tight draw utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 73
The Yard Dog
October 29, 2021, 4:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,498
Gold Stars: 74
How long to self-isolate

If you test positive, your self-isolation period includes the day your[/b] symptoms started [b](or the day you had the test, if you did not have symptoms) and the next 10 full days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 73
oochiad
October 29, 2021, 4:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,716
Gold Stars: 28
A draw would be a very good result tomorrow I feel.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst pre match.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.