Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst pre match.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 192 Guests

Hurst pre match.

This thread currently has 10,016 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
October 29, 2021, 5:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,880
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Zmariner
For about the first time this season I am not too confident. The forward line does look weak to me tomorrow. No shortage of effort but a clear lack of quality. Getting strikers is very difficult but I feel that we have been in this position for a while now. Maybe one of the youth can step up but without Mc Atee I wonder who will run the channels and make life difficult.
I hope I am proven very wrong here and will be glad !. We got the breaks against Yeovil but did not look dangerous. I would start Wright and Sousa ( Bapaga on the bench this time as an impact sub) . Coke will play I am sure to break up play and he is better at this than going forward. A win tomorrow would be a great result in my opinion and my money is on a tight draw utm

We have goals from quite a few players this season so we are capable of scoring without McAtee and Taylor to a degree anyway.

The big things for me would be if he plays Coke how can he get Hunt & Fox in as those 2 are essential tomorrow.

I just wonder if we’ll see a diamond in midfield with Fox at the base, Hunt the tip, Clifton on the left and Sousa right. Then LJL and Bapaga up top.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 73
Ipswin
October 29, 2021, 6:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I would hope that after Tuesday Hurst realises Coke and Fox does not work (however short of numbers we are)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 73
Northbank Mariner
October 29, 2021, 6:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Ipswin
I would hope that after Tuesday Hurst realises Coke and Fox does not work (however short of numbers we are)

I agree there, it's been said before but it's like the Gerrard lampard combo, just doesn't work.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 73
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 29, 2021, 6:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,192
Gold Stars: 291
Quoted from diehardmariner
He's definitely not ready.  Promising but not at all what we need.  Taylor has been so successful (aside from his goals) because he's brought others into play and made it stick up top.  It's what we want and need LJL to do.  Reading the comments, it's the failure to do this more than his lack of clinical finishing that is the gripe.

Essel looks to be of the Ahkeem Rose type.  Needs a bigger man to work off.

Had to read that final sentence twice

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 73
lukeo
October 29, 2021, 7:43pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,345
Gold Stars: 142
Quoted from mariner91

No chance he'll be playing then, probably not even made it past Cambridge by now.

He got to Nottingham and I picked him up, dropped him at BP club shop as I popped in this morning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 73
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 29, 2021, 10:21pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from AussieMariner
89th minute. 0-0. Bapaga draws a foul in the penalty area. The referee, until then woefully biased towards the away team reluctantly points to the spot.

Up steps Lenny……

Insert your own ending…..

......and he hits it high and hard to the centre of the goal. The keeper dives to the right, clearly beaten. He looks upwards only to see the ball hit the crossbar and rebound towards Towns goal, with Macca having moved upto the halfway line in readiness for Lenny celebration. The ball flies over his head as he starts to sprint back to his goal. Tripping over his laces he faceplants the ground only look up to see the ball slowly trickle over the goal line.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 73
bobbyturtle
October 29, 2021, 10:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from AussieMariner
89th minute. 0-0. Bapaga draws a foul in the penalty area. The referee, until then woefully biased towards the away team reluctantly points to the spot.

Up steps Lenny……

Insert your own ending…..

back of the net!

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 73
Bigdog
October 30, 2021, 1:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Think Revan will play in front of Crookes, Sousa in front of Sears, Bapaga in the McAtee role and Coke, Fox and Hunt in midfield if Clifton isn’t fit. It’s only one game in a long season and with FA Cup next week, it gives players like McAtee and Clifton extra recuperation time. More minutes played over the season in the long run..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 73
pontoonlew
October 30, 2021, 6:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,840
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from Bigdog
Think Revan will play in front of Crookes, Sousa in front of Sears, Bapaga in the McAtee role and Coke, Fox and Hunt in midfield if Clifton isn’t fit. It’s only one game in a long season and with FA Cup next week, it gives players like McAtee and Clifton extra recuperation time. More minutes played over the season in the long run..

Unless Revan has made massive strides forward in training, I don’t think he’s ready for a starting role with us yet. Yes he scored twice at Bromsgrove which was great but at Stockport he looked like a boy playing a mans game, he still needs easing in IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 73
Maringer
October 30, 2021, 9:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,408
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from Bigdog

Are we playing with 12, then? Or are you leaving out LJL from that line-up? That's 5 midfielders you've named!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst pre match.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.