October 4, 2021, 6:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from exiledmeggie
Good! GIMPS bubble has burst!

It's hardly burst when I bet they are higher attendances than they ever dreamed they could attract just a few years ago. The cowleys completely transformed Lincoln as a club.

When you think that after a decent start under cowley they were getting less than 2500 at home in the National League, showing what a small fan base they began at, those crowds are still very impressive.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
It Bites
October 4, 2021, 6:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,163
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
I see that our rivals up the road have started to see attendances fall

Still very decent, but by no means all of the excitement around Sincil Bank as there was.

They were 9,000 plus and pushing over 10,000.

But now they’ve become a bit mediocre in L1 I’ve noticed that they’ve dropped mostly into the 8000+ range

Long may the downward spiral continue

Fenty 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
KingstonMariner
October 4, 2021, 7:17pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Still very decent, but by no means all of the excitement around Sincil Bank as there was.

But now they’ve become a bit mediocre in L1 I’ve noticed that they’ve dropped mostly into the 8000+ range

The best the old regime and its acolytes could wish for is misfortune for rivals.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
HertsGTFC
October 4, 2021, 8:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
They’re a world away from us for now at least, a better marker would be the club that’s one place above us in rye pyramid.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
NorthLondonMariner
October 5, 2021, 3:05am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from MarinerDevil
Not sure why we need to continue to analyse Lincoln right now.  Would love to be in L1 and getting 8/9000 attendances.  Their momentum has halted and it will be interesting to see how they handle the next period in their rejuvenation, but there's no point in wishing another demise on them, we just need to make sure we can compete with them again soon.

This 100%. I would love to see us, the gimps, and Hull all playing in the same division within the next 5 years, be that league 1 or the championship. While the scunts find their level being a midtable team in the conference north.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
aldi_01
October 5, 2021, 5:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Sums up the old regimes approach…bring everyone down to our level rather than aspiring to others…

Impossible to criticise Lincoln’s success really, tied in with having new, forward thinking owners. Perhaps it’s our time to have that.

They’d be a club I’d look to as being a bit of blueprint rather than some pseudo rivalry and poking fun at…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
dapperz fun pub
October 5, 2021, 8:39am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82

Is this some sort of parody account
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
Madeleymariner
October 5, 2021, 9:00am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,051
Gold Stars: 49
Amazing 2 years ago most people on here were calling Lincoln enjoying when they lost saying they hope they fail and come straight back down again. But because a ttread is started by an unpopular poster with similar sentiments its red crosses galore and oh no we dont want them to come back down the leagues  (to their rightful level as many would say). It really is a p1ssar this forum at times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
Zmariner
October 5, 2021, 9:28am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Wishing bad things for others is usually a reflection of yourself. No bad feeling to Lincoln from my side. Equally, no bad feeling to Scunthorpe as the idiots that came on this forum from Scunthorpe Probably have plenty to reflect on now themselves. It was just an idiotic minority.

Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
bedders78
October 5, 2021, 9:46am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 12
The best place for any of our local rivals is below us in the same division

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Imps Attendances Falling

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.