4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
sonofmadeleymariner
October 9, 2021, 7:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
If we can get somewhere between 9 and 12 points in those next 5 games we've done well and more would be fantastic.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
fishcake63
October 9, 2021, 7:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,224
Gold Stars: 62
Agreed not many take 6 points from alty woking away , think we got great team for this level
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
jamesgtfc
October 9, 2021, 8:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from marinerjase
I’d be very surprised if many teams, if any - get 6 points from away games at Altrincham and Woking.

The only disappointment for me thus far has been Maidenhead, def 2 points dropped - but in a funny way maybe that game helped in us getting the 6 points from the 2 games mentioned.

Outstanding from all the players and management, absolutely brilliant start to the season. And what’s more it’s a mixture of good free flowing positive football, together with a willingness to battle and graft for the points.

Imho there’ll be a group of 8 or 9 competing until the end for promotion/play off spots, and table is starting to take shape. Stockport have been written off by a few but think they’ll be right up there, along with us, Chesterfield, Halifax, Bromley, Dagenham,  et al.

I’m just enjoying having a club to be proud of once again. UTM

A draw against Maidenhead and win against Wrexham is a better combination of results though as it's one less point for a team expected to be near the top of the table.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
chaos33
October 9, 2021, 9:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
ginnywings
October 9, 2021, 10:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Think he means if we had drawn with Wrexham and beaten Maidenhead, we would have the same amount of points, but Wrexham, a potential rival for promotion, would have one more point than they currently have.

Basically, who you beat to amass your points is almost as important as how many points you amass.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
Heswall Mariner
October 9, 2021, 10:26pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +590
Gold Stars: 30
Beware Boreham Wood - spookily no mention of them in this post .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
Poojah
October 9, 2021, 10:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,514
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
Beware Boreham Wood - spookily no mention of them in this post .

They were in my original post in this thread. I also mentioned them in my updated post today. They’re currently right behind us in second - of course they’re a threat.

If recent seasons are anything to go by, an unfancied, traditionally non-league club will go up this season one way or another.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
easypeersy
October 10, 2021, 10:25am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

Phil Brown sacked 3 games into that 4!

That was an accurate prediction 😀
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next four games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.