grimps
September 27, 2021, 5:41pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,994
Gold Stars: 46
It’s always the ones we think we should win that we don’t , mind you we’ve gotta come good again for once in many of our lifetimes so let’s hope it’s this season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 37
DB
September 27, 2021, 6:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,875
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from Heswall Mariner

Quite agree - but how the hell do we get 11 pts from 4 games pizza?

Easy, 3 wins 9 points, 1 draw 1point and like the F1 fast lap 1 point for the fastest goal;  simples 11 points.

But we don't play in the Meerkat Football League.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 37
TownSNAFU5
September 27, 2021, 6:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
Glad to see Wrexham take the lead twice against close rivals away from home - and then lose.

Woking and Bromley could also get into the playoffs if they do well with their games in hand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 37
Mariner93er
September 27, 2021, 6:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
Defensively we’ve been solid in recent weeks (since the Torquay game) and we’re getting goals even on days where we’re struggling so I still think we could come through the next 4 games unbeaten. A couple of wins and draws would be good to keep the confidence and points ticking over.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 37
Heswall Mariner
September 27, 2021, 9:35pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +580
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from DB

Easy, 3 wins 9 points, 1 draw 1point and like the F1 fast lap 1 point for the fastest goal;  simples 11 points.

Of course! - I am a simple sole so please bear with me in these difficult times while I try to keep up. xx
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 37
Poojah
September 27, 2021, 9:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,490
Quoted from DB

I prefer the route of winning all four and then having a point deducted for Max Crocombe doing his party trick in the opposition goalmouth (or even dugout if we really want to spice things up).

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 37
ex-merseymariner
October 9, 2021, 6:08pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,397
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

Talking of the next 4 games;
Southend, after a poor start so far, play;  Solihull, Eastleigh, Chesterfield, and Dagenham, in their next four.

So who will their next manager be!?!

Phil Brown sacked 3 games into that 4!

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 37
Poojah
October 9, 2021, 6:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,490
Well, I think on balance we can be very happy with how our run of these four games have gone - the Altrincham and Woking games both looked far more difficult when they arrived than they did when I started the thread. A lot of good sides will drop points at Bromley this season.

It’s great going into the FA Cup break from the league two points clear at the top, with the best goal difference in the division. Very very rarely, if ever, have I been able to say that in my thirty years following Town.

Looking forward to the resumption of league fixtures with only 3 sides within 7 points of us now. Next up, 2nd place Boreham Wood go to 4th place Chesterfield, whilst 3rd place Halifax are away at 7th place Solihull.

We’ve still got to do the business ourselves, but yet another real opportunity against Yeovil in a couple of weeks to set ourselves apart at the top.

Exciting if slightly surreal times. I’m not used to this.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 37
DB
October 9, 2021, 6:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,875
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from Poojah
Well, I think on balance we can be very happy with how our run of these four games have gone - the Altrincham and Woking games both looked far more difficult when they arrived than they did when I started the thread. A lot of good sides will drop points at Bromley this season.

It’s great going into the FA Cup break from the league two points clear at the top, with the best goal difference in the division. Very very rarely, if ever, have I been able to say that in my thirty years following Town.

Looking forward to the resumption of league fixtures with only 3 sides within 7 points of us now. Next up, 2nd place Boreham Wood go to 4th place Chesterfield, whilst 3rd place Halifax are away at 7th place Solihull.

We’ve still got to do the business ourselves, but yet another real opportunity against Yeovil in a couple of weeks to set ourselves apart at the top.

Exciting if slightly surreal times. I’m not used to this.

As the saying goes 'life is full of ups and downs'. We've had 17 years of downs so it's now time for the ups. Of which a return to League 2 at the first time of asking will happen.

Many things are different since the last time so it's hard to compare them. What we do have is what every other fan wants, a club going places and not breaking the bank to do it.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 37
marinerjase
October 9, 2021, 7:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,608
Gold Stars: 146
I’d be very surprised if many teams, if any - get 6 points from away games at Altrincham and Woking.

The only disappointment for me thus far has been Maidenhead, def 2 points dropped - but in a funny way maybe that game helped in us getting the 6 points from the 2 games mentioned.

Outstanding from all the players and management, absolutely brilliant start to the season. And what’s more it’s a mixture of good free flowing positive football, together with a willingness to battle and graft for the points.

Imho there’ll be a group of 8 or 9 competing until the end for promotion/play off spots, and table is starting to take shape. Stockport have been written off by a few but think they’ll be right up there, along with us, Chesterfield, Halifax, Bromley, Dagenham,  et al.

I’m just enjoying having a club to be proud of once again. UTM

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.