Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Finances..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 238 Guests

Finances..

This thread currently has 6,079 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
toontown
September 22, 2021, 12:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,276
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Guess you mean the incomplete 2019-20 season?

Looking at league games only, our first home game was Bradford which was a crowd of 6,882 followed by Colchester (4,103) and Port Vale (4,290). Next up was Crewe (4,679).

Mansfield in October was 5,087 and Scunthorpe just before Christmas was 7,385 but attendances really tailed off with Macclesfield in the league (our third time playing them in a month) drawing a crowd of 3,794.

Fast forward to November and a Tuesday night fixture at home to Cheltenham only brought in a crowd of 2,508. The 2 festive home games against Crawley and Salford (just after Runaway was appointed) drew an average gate of just over 4,000.

We got a crowd of 6,248 for his first official home game in charge but then we were straight back into the 4000's, although Newport at home on a Tuesday was 3,578.

Ultimately, we've drawn a few big crowds in but we didn't seem to do it for back to back games and Tuesday nights in particular were terrible turn outs.

How many did Bradford bring to contribute to that average - more than wrexham I would assume? I would also think the other teams brought more than  the away fans we've had so far so in reality the uplift in home fans is even greater than the figures imply!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 49
RichMariner
September 22, 2021, 12:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
I could be wrong but does our away end hold about 2,200? Seem to remember seeing that figure mentioned in another thread not long ago.

We know that a home sell-out is roughly 6,500, given the attendance against Eastleigh and us edging into the Osmond that day.

If Notts Co sell 2,000 and we sell out, you could be looking at our first 8,000+ attendance in what feels like a long time.

Crazy that we're talking about these numbers at Town, in non-league! Just goes to show what can be achieved when you invest in the right areas.

Our money hasn't gone on big name players. Anything we have spent has gone on the ground, the catering, the training facilities, the gym, etc. A winning team helps, of course, but so does being treated with respect.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 31 - 49
toontown
September 22, 2021, 12:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,276
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from RichMariner
I could be wrong but does our away end hold about 2,200? Seem to remember seeing that figure mentioned in another thread not long ago.

We know that a home sell-out is roughly 6,500, given the attendance against Eastleigh and us edging into the Osmond that day.

If Notts Co sell 2,000 and we sell out, you could be looking at our first 8,000+ attendance in what feels like a long time.

Crazy that we're talking about these numbers at Town, in non-league! Just goes to show what can be achieved when you invest in the right areas.

Our money hasn't gone on big name players. Anything we have spent has gone on the ground, the catering, the training facilities, the gym, etc. A winning team helps, of course, but so does being treated with respect.

I seem to think I've seen 2200 mentioned for the osmond, but also 1800, not sure which is right. Split the difference 2000? Lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 49
Limerick Mariner
September 22, 2021, 1:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,694
Gold Stars: 136
Osmond is just under 1900. Big away followings in the Championship - Sunderland / Wednesday etc would have been 2k plus because of green seats in the Clee Corner.

Notts have never filled the Osmond - their away followings to us have been shite - even when they needed a win for promotion they only brought 1200. The clubs on the A46 just don't seem to like travelling to us do they...Lincoln only filled the Osmond post Cowley, whereas, Scunthorpe, to be fair, have managed to fill it when they've visited since we went all seater.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 49
mimma
September 22, 2021, 1:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
There are two figures for away allocation,  2,200 includes the corner, the 1,700 does not.

I also noticed that Eastleigh fans were given a small section of the Osmond, next to the Constitutional corner, with Town fans given the rest. Potentially that gives us in the region of 2,000 extra seats.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 49
KingstonMariner
September 22, 2021, 9:33pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Osmond is just under 1900. Big away followings in the Championship - Sunderland / Wednesday etc would have been 2k plus because of green seats in the Clee Corner.

Notts have never filled the Osmond - their away followings to us have been shite - even when they needed a win for promotion they only brought 1200. The clubs on the A46 just don't seem to like travelling to us do they...Lincoln only filled the Osmond post Cowley, whereas, Scunthorpe, to be fair, have managed to fill it when they've visited since we went all seater.

I hate to break it to you, but if you’ve gone from GY to Scunny on the A46 you’ve taken the long way round. 😉

You could add Leicester and Coventry who usually do bring quite a lot and FGR and Bath who don’t.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 49
diehardmariner
September 22, 2021, 9:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,601
Gold Stars: 538
Well if you go A18 past the airport and then join, what is still technically, the A46 at Oaklands roundabout does that count?  
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 49
KingstonMariner
September 22, 2021, 9:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from diehardmariner
Well if you go A18 past the airport and then join, what is still technically, the A46 at Oaklands roundabout does that count?  

Ah good road network knowledge!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 49
Limerick Mariner
September 23, 2021, 12:36am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,694
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I hate to break it to you, but if you’ve gone from GY to Scunny on the A46 you’ve taken the long way round. 😉

You could add Leicester and Coventry who usually do bring quite a lot and FGR and Bath who don’t.

Was only Notts and Lincoln I was thinking about for the A46; actually I usually do A46 / A15 / M180 for my trips to BP. I expect us sell out the home stands for Notts but don't expect them to fill Osmond. should be over 7k for that game though.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 49
grimps
September 23, 2021, 3:10am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,115
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Was only Notts and Lincoln I was thinking about for the A46; actually I usually do A46 / A15 / M180 for my trips to BP. I expect us sell out the home stands for Notts but don't expect them to fill Osmond. should be over 7k for that game though.

I’m not sure when we play Notts County away but if it’s on a Saturday I’d be surprised if we take less than 3000 , assuming they give us the tickets
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Finances..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.