6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
September 14, 2021, 11:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Soooo....6663...home stands hold around 7100, 500 Wrexham....so that gate means around 1000 of our fans who had a ticket didnt turn up ?
Apologies for the pun but something smells fishy.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 57
Mikey_345
September 14, 2021, 11:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,384
Gold Stars: 105
Thought number was odd, from what I’ve seen there wasn’t 1000 empty seats?

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 57
forza ivano
September 14, 2021, 11:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from moosey_club
Soooo....6663...home stands hold around 7100, 500 Wrexham....so that gate means around 1000 of our fans who had a ticket didnt turn up ?
Apologies for the pun but something smells fishy.

i posted this earlier. I didn't know this but Kristine informed us that the gate is made up of those people who physically attend, so , for example,there were 6 season ticket holders from Chesterfield who are on holiday. i always assumed that because they'd ,in reality, paid for their ticket they would be counted, but apparently thats not right. So i think you can take from that a certain amount of season ticket holders were on holiday or were working and that there are good number of exiles who can't make midweek games.
in addition i think the 7100 was reduced because a number of home seats were unavailable due to segregation requirements given Wrexham's excellent following
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 57
ginnywings
September 14, 2021, 11:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from forza ivano

i posted this earlier. I didn't know this but Kristine informed us that the gate is made up of those people who physically attend, so , for example,there were 6 season ticket holders from Chesterfield who are on holiday. i always assumed that because they'd ,in reality, paid for their ticket they would be counted, but apparently thats not right. So i think you can take from that a certain amount of season ticket holders were on holiday or were working and that there are good number of exiles who can't make midweek games.
in addition i think the 7100 was reduced because a number of home seats were unavailable due to segregation requirements given Wrexham's excellent following

There were 3 empty seats behind me in the Upper. They are reserved seats, so must be ST holders.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 57
Brazilnut
September 15, 2021, 12:00am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from forza ivano

So if this feel good factor continues  have we any sort of system so a season ticket holder can ring up saying I can't make it sell my my seat .....obviously not wanting any reimbursement

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 57
Kristine
September 15, 2021, 12:03am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Brazilnut

So if this feel good factor continues  have we any sort of system so a season ticket holder can ring up saying I can't make it sell my my seat .....obviously not wanting any reimbursement

Looking at it

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 57
Limerick Mariner
September 15, 2021, 12:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,694
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from forza ivano

They declared it as a home sell out, but there were maybe 100 restricted view and disabled seats in the Main not sold. Plus the club seems to be not selling seats around the dugouts and around the directors box, and the three home stands total 6,800 not 7,100. Factor all that in and it was probably only 150-200 ST holders not in attendance. And factor in if the demand continues to grow at then perhaps we do need that new stadium, and in the short term some safe standing in the vacant corners.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 57
TownSNAFU5
September 15, 2021, 12:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
Just back (in York).  Having a Jaipur IPA to celebrate - just about everything tonight.  (Could not get a beer in The Trust Bar before the game, too busy).

A very well-deserved win based on team work and effort. The fans were worth a goal. Cannot remember a better atmosphere, crowd and performance.  Against the favourites, who were very average.

The whole Club and team have come a long way very quickly.  Not just happening in tennis then? The fans recognise this progress and are flocking to BP. And are enjoying themselves again.

Good to see Craig Disley in the UF.  He would have been impressed.  

Even the weather improved.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 57
aldi_01
September 15, 2021, 6:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Don’t the club have to keep the seats in and around the dugout for some weird Covid rules etc?

The Sat holders being able to ‘release’ their ticket is something too flight club shave done for a while but I’d imagine they have put a fairly robust system in place and recognise folk might not know until, say the morning of the match. I’m truth I’m not sure it would really be necessary…

Sometimes it’s not just about filling the seats but the atmosphere created and last night certainly had that. The celebrations for the goals were mega and loud…really loud…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 57
grimps
September 15, 2021, 6:21am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,120
Gold Stars: 46
When I had a season ticket years ago and couldn’t make a game I’d lend it to a mate .
It just goes to show that our ground is clearly not big enough , god knows how we’d manage if we ever went up the leagues
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Home Sell Out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.