Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: It Bites, September 14, 2021, 3:46pm
Tonight game is a home sell out . Thanks must go to Mr Fenty and his band of merry men for flipping off and allowing this beautiful thing to happen .
Posted by: ginnywings, September 14, 2021, 3:53pm; Reply: 1
Got nowt to do with the old guard leaving.  ;)

Just seen an old mate of mine. He's been to both home games this season and is going tonight.

He hadn't been for years previously but said things are different now. He didn't expand and didn't need to.
Posted by: It Bites, September 14, 2021, 3:55pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from ginnywings
Got nowt to do with the old guard leaving.  ;)

Just seen an old mate of mine. He's been to both home games this season and is going tonight.

He hadn't been for years previously but said things are different now. He didn't expand and didn't need to.

Same here. Win Lose or Draw , we now have hope going forward and that changes everything
Posted by: Teesknees, September 14, 2021, 4:06pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from It Bites
Tonight game is a home sell out . Thanks must go to Mr Fenty and his band of merry men for flipping off and allowing this beautiful thing to happen .

Will John Fenty be among the home crowd tonight? Does he still go watch?
Posted by: rancido, September 14, 2021, 4:29pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Teesknees

I don't think even he is Brass Necked enough to attend BP. He won't want to subject himself to the abuse
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 14, 2021, 4:36pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Teesknees

Do you really think he would part with £22?
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, September 14, 2021, 4:37pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Teesknees

Yes ice bucket challenge starts at 7:15 so get there early not to miss it.
Posted by: Grimal, September 14, 2021, 4:44pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from jamesgtfc

He didn't get a life long honorary membership to BP then ? ;)

Posted by: Simon, September 14, 2021, 5:02pm; Reply: 8
This is just the start of something special
Posted by: rancido, September 14, 2021, 5:04pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

Yes ice bucket challenge starts at 7:15 so get there early not to miss it.

It's been changed for him to the Ice Berg Challenge
Posted by: ginnywings, September 14, 2021, 5:18pm; Reply: 10
"It helps that everyone is positive"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5TVRjIx5mE&ab_channel=GrimsbyTownF.C.
Posted by: It Bites, September 14, 2021, 5:30pm; Reply: 11
As Tom Jenkins sang whilst standing on Scrooge's Coffin ....... 🎶🎵 Thank you very much Thank you very much , that's the nicest thing that anyone's ever done for me 🎶🎵

Thanks John 😘
Posted by: gtfc98, September 14, 2021, 6:27pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Teesknees

He's not welcome.
Posted by: Magsinrio, September 14, 2021, 6:56pm; Reply: 13
Can anyone tell me what is the current capacity?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 14, 2021, 7:03pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Pmsl 🤣
Posted by: The Yard Dog, September 14, 2021, 7:31pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Magsinrio
Can anyone tell me what is the current capacity?

Stadium capacity is 9052
Posted by: chaos33, September 14, 2021, 8:00pm; Reply: 16
How many Wrexham tonight?

Posted by: Garth, September 14, 2021, 10:54pm; Reply: 17
There was a block of 200 empty seats main stand side, why? We weren't sold out we should have filled them
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 14, 2021, 10:59pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Garth
There was a block of 200 empty seats main stand side, why? We weren't sold out we should have filled them

Season ticket holders who couldn’t make it and everyone moved up a bit?
Posted by: Hagrid, September 14, 2021, 10:59pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Season ticket holders who couldn’t make it and everyone moved up a bit?

Socially distanced section
Posted by: moosey_club, September 14, 2021, 11:31pm; Reply: 20
Soooo....6663...home stands hold around 7100, 500 Wrexham....so that gate means around 1000 of our fans who had a ticket didnt turn up ?
Apologies for the pun but something smells fishy.

Posted by: Mikey_345, September 14, 2021, 11:33pm; Reply: 21
Thought number was odd, from what I’ve seen there wasn’t 1000 empty seats?
Posted by: forza ivano, September 14, 2021, 11:55pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from moosey_club
Soooo....6663...home stands hold around 7100, 500 Wrexham....so that gate means around 1000 of our fans who had a ticket didnt turn up ?
Apologies for the pun but something smells fishy.

i posted this earlier. I didn't know this but Kristine informed us that the gate is made up of those people who physically attend, so , for example,there were 6 season ticket holders from Chesterfield who are on holiday. i always assumed that because they'd ,in reality, paid for their ticket they would be counted, but apparently thats not right. So i think you can take from that a certain amount of season ticket holders were on holiday or were working and that there are good number of exiles who can't make midweek games.
in addition i think the 7100 was reduced because a number of home seats were unavailable due to segregation requirements given Wrexham's excellent following
Posted by: ginnywings, September 14, 2021, 11:59pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from forza ivano

i posted this earlier. I didn't know this but Kristine informed us that the gate is made up of those people who physically attend, so , for example,there were 6 season ticket holders from Chesterfield who are on holiday. i always assumed that because they'd ,in reality, paid for their ticket they would be counted, but apparently thats not right. So i think you can take from that a certain amount of season ticket holders were on holiday or were working and that there are good number of exiles who can't make midweek games.
in addition i think the 7100 was reduced because a number of home seats were unavailable due to segregation requirements given Wrexham's excellent following

There were 3 empty seats behind me in the Upper. They are reserved seats, so must be ST holders.
Posted by: Brazilnut, September 15, 2021, 12:00am; Reply: 24
Quoted from forza ivano

So if this feel good factor continues  have we any sort of system so a season ticket holder can ring up saying I can't make it sell my my seat .....obviously not wanting any reimbursement
Posted by: Kristine, September 15, 2021, 12:03am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Brazilnut

So if this feel good factor continues  have we any sort of system so a season ticket holder can ring up saying I can't make it sell my my seat .....obviously not wanting any reimbursement

Looking at it
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, September 15, 2021, 12:06am; Reply: 26
Quoted from forza ivano

They declared it as a home sell out, but there were maybe 100 restricted view and disabled seats in the Main not sold. Plus the club seems to be not selling seats around the dugouts and around the directors box, and the three home stands total 6,800 not 7,100. Factor all that in and it was probably only 150-200 ST holders not in attendance. And factor in if the demand continues to grow at then perhaps we do need that new stadium, and in the short term some safe standing in the vacant corners.

Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 15, 2021, 12:13am; Reply: 27
Just back (in York).  Having a Jaipur IPA to celebrate - just about everything tonight.  (Could not get a beer in The Trust Bar before the game, too busy).

A very well-deserved win based on team work and effort. The fans were worth a goal. Cannot remember a better atmosphere, crowd and performance.  Against the favourites, who were very average.

The whole Club and team have come a long way very quickly.  Not just happening in tennis then? The fans recognise this progress and are flocking to BP. And are enjoying themselves again.

Good to see Craig Disley in the UF.  He would have been impressed.  

Even the weather improved.  
Posted by: aldi_01, September 15, 2021, 6:05am; Reply: 28
Don’t the club have to keep the seats in and around the dugout for some weird Covid rules etc?

The Sat holders being able to ‘release’ their ticket is something too flight club shave done for a while but I’d imagine they have put a fairly robust system in place and recognise folk might not know until, say the morning of the match. I’m truth I’m not sure it would really be necessary…

Sometimes it’s not just about filling the seats but the atmosphere created and last night certainly had that. The celebrations for the goals were mega and loud…really loud…
Posted by: grimps, September 15, 2021, 6:21am; Reply: 29
When I had a season ticket years ago and couldn’t make a game I’d lend it to a mate .
It just goes to show that our ground is clearly not big enough , god knows how we’d manage if we ever went up the leagues
Posted by: oochiad, September 15, 2021, 7:29am; Reply: 30
Let’s see if we consistently fill it first……..What a result! UTM!!
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, September 15, 2021, 7:51am; Reply: 31
Quoted from grimps
When I had a season ticket years ago and couldn’t make a game I’d lend it to a mate .
It just goes to show that our ground is clearly not big enough , god knows how we’d manage if we ever went up the leagues

Completely agree with this, in a relatively short period its been proved that the ground capacity is a limiting factor if the club is being run competently. If we want to progress substantially then we need a new stadium, hopefully the new owners recognise this.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 15, 2021, 8:04am; Reply: 32
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

They declared it as a home sell out, but there were maybe 100 restricted view and disabled seats in the Main not sold. Plus the club seems to be not selling seats around the dugouts and around the directors box, and the three home stands total 6,800 not 7,100. Factor all that in and it was probably only 150-200 ST holders not in attendance. And factor in if the demand continues to grow at then perhaps we do need that new stadium, and in the short term some safe standing in the vacant corners.

Each side of the dugout below the press box is a no go zone and dedicated for players and staff from each team.

Shame because it looks pants on pictures.
Posted by: coddy60, September 15, 2021, 8:25am; Reply: 33
Quoted from Brazilnut

If it's good enough for Barca
Posted by: golfer, September 15, 2021, 8:37am; Reply: 34
I've been jumping over the gate to get in without paying for 66 years but after last nights performance I've decided to start paying
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 15, 2021, 9:00am; Reply: 35
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Stadium capacity is 9052

If that's the case I reckon we need to revise that if last night was supposedly a home sell out.
Posted by: GrimPol, September 15, 2021, 9:10am; Reply: 36
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Stadium capacity is 9052

The capacity of Blundel Park, something doesn't add up.
Using GTFC's own website  "First time visitor to Blundel Park"      https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/tickets/first-time-visitor/
the seating capacity is thus Pontoon 1808 seats, Osmond 1884seats, Lower Youngs 826 seats Upper Youngs 1982 seats,
Main 2277  Total 8777 (I'm not using a Diane Abbot calculator  :) )
So some info is not correct. Strange.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 15, 2021, 9:17am; Reply: 37
Quoted from Les Brechin

If that's the case I reckon we need to revise that if last night was supposedly a home sell out.

There’s a difference between tickets sold/sellout and attendance.

Attendance is taken from bums on seats. Not everyone who had a ticket attended (ie season tickets).

Then there’s some seats near the dugouts which have to be left vacant.

1400 empty seats in the away end and they’re one of the better supported teams.
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 15, 2021, 10:01am; Reply: 38
Quoted from KingstonMariner

There’s a difference between tickets sold/sellout and attendance.

Attendance is taken from bums on seats. Not everyone who had a ticket attended (ie season tickets).

Then there’s some seats near the dugouts which have to be left vacant.

1400 empty seats in the away end and they’re one of the better supported teams.

Attendance last night was 6663, if you add the 1400 empty seats in The Osmond that makes 8063.

Are you seriously suggesting that almost 1000 people who had tickets last night didn't go. Even if you say a couple of hundred seats in The Main Stand have to be spare, that still a difference of 800 in the home ends. Can't say I saw anywhere near that many empty seat last night.
Posted by: marinerdazza, September 15, 2021, 10:07am; Reply: 39
Don’t they have a neutral/unsold zone between the main stand and the osmond when the away following is larger than normal?
Posted by: rancido, September 15, 2021, 10:27am; Reply: 40
Quoted from Les Brechin

Are you suggesting that the Club lied when they announced that all available home tickets had been sold? I thought all the conspiracy theories disappeared when The Leech and his cohorts left the Club.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, September 15, 2021, 10:31am; Reply: 41
Quoted from rancido

Are you suggesting that the Club lied when they announced that all available home tickets had been sold? I thought all the conspiracy theories disappeared when The Leech and his cohorts left the Club.

it's a new ticketing system I think. It is possible that a mistake has been made on the total attendance.

The family fanzone had 400 come through there. Is it possible that somehow, people showing their ticket to get in there may not have been counted?
Posted by: rancido, September 15, 2021, 10:34am; Reply: 42
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

it's a new ticketing system I think. It is possible that a mistake has been made on the total attendance.

I thought the attendance was recorded by the turnstyle admissions
Posted by: Tommy, September 15, 2021, 11:27am; Reply: 43
Don't know where the 9000 figure has come from?
I've thought for a long time that the capacity is 8700.
Posted by: RonMariner, September 15, 2021, 11:43am; Reply: 44
Seems odd to devote such a large chunk of the Osmond seating for away fans when we know some teams will bring less than 200 fans.

Maybe we could allocate those two blocks to the left of the goal for away fans and use the rest for home fans when necessary? It looks like there is a natural segregation area with the empty corner one side and the stairway the other side anyway.
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, September 15, 2021, 12:19pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from RonMariner
Seems odd to devote such a large chunk of the Osmond seating for away fans when we know some teams will bring less than 200 fans.

Maybe we could allocate those two blocks to the left of the goal for away fans and use the rest for home fans when necessary? It looks like there is a natural segregation area with the empty corner one side and the stairway the other side anyway.

Absolutely agree with this.
It does seems to be a tad over cautious on the crowd control issue.
Looking like we could be getting capacity home gates this season - we will loose considerable revenue with the Osmond virtually empty every home game.
There were 6600 at last nights 'capacity' crowd & yet the official capacity is given at over 9000
Perhaps the club have already looked into this one & maybe our hands are tied by Ground Safety Regulations?
Posted by: Poojah, September 15, 2021, 12:19pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from RonMariner

We’ve done that plenty of times in the past, and I imagine we will be looking to do that on Saturday. The left hand side accommodates about 600 I think, and Eastleigh certainly won’t be bringing that many.
Posted by: grimps, September 15, 2021, 1:25pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Heswall Mariner

Absolutely agree with this.
It does seems to be a tad over cautious on the crowd control issue.
Looking like we could be getting capacity home gates this season - we will loose considerable revenue with the Osmond virtually empty every home game.
There were 6600 at last nights 'capacity' crowd & yet the official capacity is given at over 9000
Perhaps the club have already looked into this one & maybe our hands are tied by Ground Safety Regulations?

Our last safety officer loved empty seats , his specialty was covering them in green or even in the case of the Coventry game limiting visiting fans numbers .
If they can’t safely steward our grounds capacity they should be out of a job
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 15, 2021, 2:07pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Les Brechin

Attendance last night was 6663, if you add the 1400 empty seats in The Osmond that makes 8063.

Are you seriously suggesting that almost 1000 people who had tickets last night didn't go. Even if you say a couple of hundred seats in The Main Stand have to be spare, that still a difference of 800 in the home ends. Can't say I saw anywhere near that many empty seat last night.

I’m not suggesting anything Les. I’m not backing up the attendance figures. They’re not my numbers. I’m just saying what the principle is. Attendance does not equal tickets sold.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the ST non-attendees was in the hundreds given the diaspora.
Posted by: GrimPol, September 15, 2021, 2:30pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from marinerdazza
Don’t they have a neutral/unsold zone between the main stand and the O[img][/img]smond when the away following is larger than normal?

The corner that connects Main and Osmond is fenced off on all 4 sides. You can see the concrete standing steps of old.
Looking at Osmond from Pontoon the portion on the left (25%) is used sometimes for home supporters. The separation is the tunnel between Home-Away. Is it called community corner?
At the Barnet match, that area was used, strangely, at the Wrexham match, it was empty.
EFL rules stipulate 10% must be allotted to away fans, (not sure about Vanarama National)
Posted by: mimma, September 15, 2021, 2:42pm; Reply: 50
Have often thought the same, but to be fair it's never been a problem since we have never sold out the home tickets. Now it's looking likely that we can sell out the club should be looking at giving the centre section to us except for the few games were we will get a large away following
Posted by: crusty ole pie, September 15, 2021, 3:14pm; Reply: 51
Open up the covered corner as part of the main stand that’s another 500 tickets
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, September 15, 2021, 3:39pm; Reply: 52
I'd always assumed the 9000 odd capacity figure includes the temporary seating that they've used in open corners in the past
Posted by: grimps, September 15, 2021, 3:53pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
I'd always assumed the 9000 odd capacity figure includes the temporary seating that they've used in open corners in the past

The highest all seater attendance we had was last time we played Sunderland in the Championship, it was just over 10000
Posted by: ginnywings, September 15, 2021, 5:04pm; Reply: 54
There were discussions going on this morning about how and where to get extra home fans into the Osmond. The club are looking at it, but I think they have been caught on the hop a little by the demand. Suspect it will be sorted pronto.
Posted by: GrimPol, September 15, 2021, 5:12pm; Reply: 55
To be fair, these are the problems you want. Much better than the dwindling attendance problems of old. :)
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 15, 2021, 5:31pm; Reply: 56
Sometime on last nights radio commentary they even stated that spare seats in the directors area were being sold, gosh I could have sat in Fentys old seat!
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, September 15, 2021, 5:44pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from Gaffer58
Sometime on last nights radio commentary they even stated that spare seats in the directors area were being sold, gosh I could have sat in Fentys old seat!

It's unusable at the moment as it's covered in a strange slime that needs to be cleaned off and damaged as a result of P Noche carving "I want John's babies" into it. Apparently Stockwood and Petit are having an exorcism performed on it as well, just to be on the safe side.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 7:58pm