rancido
September 15, 2021, 10:27am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Les Brechin

If that's the case I reckon we need to revise that if last night was supposedly a home sell out.

Are you suggesting that the Club lied when they announced that all available home tickets had been sold? I thought all the conspiracy theories disappeared when The Leech and his cohorts left the Club.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 57
Southwark Mariner
September 15, 2021, 10:31am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,545
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from rancido

Are you suggesting that the Club lied when they announced that all available home tickets had been sold? I thought all the conspiracy theories disappeared when The Leech and his cohorts left the Club.

it's a new ticketing system I think. It is possible that a mistake has been made on the total attendance.

The family fanzone had 400 come through there. Is it possible that somehow, people showing their ticket to get in there may not have been counted?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 57
rancido
September 15, 2021, 10:34am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

it's a new ticketing system I think. It is possible that a mistake has been made on the total attendance.

I thought the attendance was recorded by the turnstyle admissions

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 57
Tommy
September 15, 2021, 11:27am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Don't know where the 9000 figure has come from?
I've thought for a long time that the capacity is 8700.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 57
RonMariner
September 15, 2021, 11:43am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,541
Gold Stars: 224
Seems odd to devote such a large chunk of the Osmond seating for away fans when we know some teams will bring less than 200 fans.

Maybe we could allocate those two blocks to the left of the goal for away fans and use the rest for home fans when necessary? It looks like there is a natural segregation area with the empty corner one side and the stairway the other side anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 57
Heswall Mariner
September 15, 2021, 12:19pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +583
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from RonMariner
Seems odd to devote such a large chunk of the Osmond seating for away fans when we know some teams will bring less than 200 fans.

Maybe we could allocate those two blocks to the left of the goal for away fans and use the rest for home fans when necessary? It looks like there is a natural segregation area with the empty corner one side and the stairway the other side anyway.

Absolutely agree with this.
It does seems to be a tad over cautious on the crowd control issue.
Looking like we could be getting capacity home gates this season - we will loose considerable revenue with the Osmond virtually empty every home game.
There were 6600 at last nights 'capacity' crowd & yet the official capacity is given at over 9000
Perhaps the club have already looked into this one & maybe our hands are tied by Ground Safety Regulations?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 57
Poojah
September 15, 2021, 12:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from RonMariner

We’ve done that plenty of times in the past, and I imagine we will be looking to do that on Saturday. The left hand side accommodates about 600 I think, and Eastleigh certainly won’t be bringing that many.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 57
grimps
September 15, 2021, 1:25pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,093
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Heswall Mariner

Absolutely agree with this.
It does seems to be a tad over cautious on the crowd control issue.
Looking like we could be getting capacity home gates this season - we will loose considerable revenue with the Osmond virtually empty every home game.
There were 6600 at last nights 'capacity' crowd & yet the official capacity is given at over 9000
Perhaps the club have already looked into this one & maybe our hands are tied by Ground Safety Regulations?

Our last safety officer loved empty seats , his specialty was covering them in green or even in the case of the Coventry game limiting visiting fans numbers .
If they can’t safely steward our grounds capacity they should be out of a job
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 57
KingstonMariner
September 15, 2021, 2:07pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Les Brechin

Attendance last night was 6663, if you add the 1400 empty seats in The Osmond that makes 8063.

Are you seriously suggesting that almost 1000 people who had tickets last night didn't go. Even if you say a couple of hundred seats in The Main Stand have to be spare, that still a difference of 800 in the home ends. Can't say I saw anywhere near that many empty seat last night.

I’m not suggesting anything Les. I’m not backing up the attendance figures. They’re not my numbers. I’m just saying what the principle is. Attendance does not equal tickets sold.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the ST non-attendees was in the hundreds given the diaspora.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 57
GrimPol
September 15, 2021, 2:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -655
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from marinerdazza
Don’t they have a neutral/unsold zone between the main stand and the O[img][/img]smond when the away following is larger than normal?

The corner that connects Main and Osmond is fenced off on all 4 sides. You can see the concrete standing steps of old.
Looking at Osmond from Pontoon the portion on the left (25%) is used sometimes for home supporters. The separation is the tunnel between Home-Away. Is it called community corner?
At the Barnet match, that area was used, strangely, at the Wrexham match, it was empty.
EFL rules stipulate 10% must be allotted to away fans, (not sure about Vanarama National)

Attachment: wrexham_5517.jpg
Size: 52.20 KB

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Home Sell Out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.