11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Stadium
August 15, 2021, 11:16am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Well that's all worked out well hasn't it.

https://news.sky.com/story/afg.....al-by-force-12382060

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Rick12
August 15, 2021, 11:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Stadium
Well that's all worked out well hasn't it.

https://news.sky.com/story/afg.....al-by-force-12382060
Sad to see. As a cradle Catholic I have a lot of love and respect for Muslims eg differing paths to the same source eg God. The Taliban and their brutal ways of punishment eg stoning and amputation gò against moderate ways of Islamic thinking.  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 107
aldi_01
August 15, 2021, 11:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Rise in terrorism, Covid on the decline; the west no longer that arsed…need something else to exploit folk and make the rich richer don’t we…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 107
LH
August 15, 2021, 11:57am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,556
Gold Stars: 174
They said it’d be 90 days for Kabul to fall on Thursday. It’s not even been 90 hours and the Americans are flying B52s across to destroy their own equipment they won’t have time to extract properly. What a waste of resources, time, life, body parts and servicepeople and their relatives’ mental health the last 20 years has been.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 107
Rick12
August 15, 2021, 12:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from LH
They said it’d be 90 days for Kabul to fall on Thursday. It’s not even been 90 hours and the Americans are flying B52s across to destroy their own equipment they won’t have time to extract properly. What a waste of resources, time, life, body parts and servicepeople and their relatives’ mental health the last 20 years has been.
Military from all nations and civilians have suffered so much emotionally and physically in fighting the Taliban. I sincerely hope we see peace one day around the world. Islam at its heart is trying to follow a just way similar to other religions but the Taliban enact a form of extreme thinking  that goes against the majority of Islamic views.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 107
KingstonMariner
August 15, 2021, 12:37pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Why did we think this time (2001 invasion onwards) would be any different to all the other times occupations of Afghanistan have failed?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 107
LH
August 15, 2021, 12:43pm

Has anyone seen Dominic Raab?
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 107
Humbercod
August 15, 2021, 5:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Great move Mr President.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 107
Stadium
August 15, 2021, 7:05pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from LH
Has anyone seen Dominic Raab?

You do have to laugh.

This afternoon Mr Raab broke his silence, tweeting: “It is critical that the international community is united in telling the Taliban that the violence must end and human rights must be protected.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 107
ginnywings
August 15, 2021, 7:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
20 years and billions of pounds/dollars, to be dismantled in a matter of weeks.

Many have tried to subdue the Taliban and all have failed. Think it's time the Americans stopped trying to be the world police.

The Taliban will now have even more weaponry to add to the piles they got from the Russians.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 107
blundellpork
August 15, 2021, 9:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,665
Gold Stars: 32
Whilst there was a certain inevitability to it all, quite frankly it’s depressing how quickly they’ve managed to seize control once more. 20 years of Western forces, then within weeks of leaving, the Talivan are back in control.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 107
KingstonMariner
August 15, 2021, 9:57pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from blundellpork
Whilst there was a certain inevitability to it all, quite frankly it’s depressing how quickly they’ve managed to seize control once more. 20 years of Western forces, then within weeks of leaving, the Talivan are back in control.

And I thought the writing on that Transit I’ve seen driving around  said “Allan Akbah”.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 107
pizzzza
August 15, 2021, 10:26pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Just been reading about a lad who decided that now would be a good time to take a holiday in Kabul. Mental...

https://archive.is/siPjr
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 107
Rick12
August 15, 2021, 10:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from pizzzza
Just been reading about a lad who decided that now would be a good time to take a holiday in Kabul. Mental...

Reminds me of someone who use to be at school with 2 Afghan refugees. Nice lads by all accounts but when they were living in Afghanistan they witnessed directly public amputations by the Taliban for misdeamoners. Having said that and this is something I respect having been to the middle east there is lot more religious fervour out there. I remember being in Israel and hearing the call to prayer before 5 am and being quite moved by it . Likewise in this country some of the nicest people I've met have been Muslim. One girl I remember who was a close friend of mine at collage was from Somalia and Muslim and was keeping her virginity till married in line with Islamic thinking. I know religion has gone on the wane in the United Kingdom but I still would prefer after some thought my own daughter to follow this line of thinking(Catholic dogma  share this view as well) . Some won't agree Iam sure but you can only try to be true to yourself and not be shaped by media and politicians and others who don't have all the answers and can't be trusted fully anyway.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 107
Maringer
August 15, 2021, 11:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,621
Gold Stars: 185
Yeah, it's always good to have religious texts from thousands of years ago telling people what they can and can't do with their own genitalia. And, in the case of the Taliban, deliberate misreadings of the reputed sayings of Mohammed so they can dehumanise women and keep them downtrodden, all in the name of modesty or 'family honour'.

The West can't really complain about it whilst ignoring the fact that their oil-laden allies elsewhere in the Middle East behave in pretty much exactly the same way. Hypocrisy in action.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 107
Rick12
August 15, 2021, 11:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Yeah, it's always good to have religious texts from thousands of years ago telling people what they can and can't do with their own genitalia.
Fair point but I don't think no religion has all the answers. This has been covered in the Jesus thread which DB created not too long ago.

For the record I still believe this universe was created by something divine and not chance.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 107
LH
August 15, 2021, 11:10pm

Give it a rest, Ringo.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 107
Rick12
August 15, 2021, 11:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from LH
Give it a rest, Ringo.
It's the nature of the thread though and worth mentioning . As a forum so called moderator you should understand and respect this Lenny or whatever your real name is .Most Afghanistan's are religious people. I've lived in London a lot of my life and have some very good Muslim friends still. You have a go at their religion and no jokes there is a chance your putting yourself in danger of getting a few slaps. For the record I don't agree with violence though.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 107
Limerick Mariner
August 15, 2021, 11:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,716
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Maringer
Yeah, it's always good to have religious texts from thousands of years ago telling people what they can and can't do with their own genitalia. And, in the case of the Taliban, deliberate misreadings of the reputed sayings of Mohammed so they can dehumanise women and keep them downtrodden, all in the name of modesty or 'family honour'.

The West can't really complain about it whilst ignoring the fact that their oil-laden allies elsewhere in the Middle East behave in pretty much exactly the same way. Hypocrisy in action.

Yep, the religious equivalent to the Nazi's interpretation of the works of Charles Darwin. but at least the work of Charles Darwin is a scientific truth.

Unless humanity pulls something pretty amazing out of the bag on carbon capture, Afghanistan will be inhabitable by the end of this century, maybe before; no doubt the Taliban and their "brothers" elsewhere think the great one in the sky will save them...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 107
LH
August 15, 2021, 11:32pm

It’s on the course of the thread because you’ve steered it that way with your peace and love rubbish. It’s a thread about another monumental failure of foreign policy by western govts and the associated costs in both financial and human terms. Only my mrs calls me Lenny.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 107
Rick12
August 15, 2021, 11:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from LH
It’s on the course of the thread because you’ve steered it that way with your peace and love rubbish. It’s a thread about another monumental failure of foreign policy by western govts and the associated costs in both financial and human terms. Only my mrs calls me Lenny.
Peace and love rubbish ?. With respect LH its scientific fact  that children need love for their  brains to develop. Likewise most people want a moderate degree of peace in their life as well. I know your Mrs is a teacher and Ive known from talking to some teachers how stressful the job can be particularly at secondary level. Indeed to the point and I kid you not some have had heart attacks due to the stress.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 107
DB
August 16, 2021, 6:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.47
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
History has shown over the last centuries that neither the British nor Russians could rule in Afghanistan. Why the Americans wanted to try I don't know. There was only ever going to be one long-term outcome and that happened this week.

Millions of £/$ spent and nobody had an 'end game' plan. We were sucked in, like other nations, as the Americans pulled the strings. For all the muscle and might of the American armed force's they never learned from Vietnam that you cannot beat the will of the people. Hitler couldn't in WW2 and regardless of minor victories in any wars the will of the people will always win through in the end.

I don't know how Darwin got into this thread as I'm still waiting for the explanation as to how his theory created the world. As for me, GOD created the heavens and earth as it says in the Holy Bible.

LH love and peace are not rubbish. If you show love and peace, that is what you will eventually get back, whereas if you show aggression that is also what you get back. Problems in the world are not caused by love and peace, as described in the Bible by Jesus Christ, but by selfishness and people on ego trips. People who have their own self agenda on life to promote themselves and not caring about the havoc or problems they cause to others.

In my opinion, if you want proof of this it is here on this site, as copied from Cod Almighty, called the Fenty Years.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 107
mariner91
August 16, 2021, 7:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,695
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Rick12
Reminds me of someone who use to be at school with 2 Afghan refugees. Nice lads by all accounts but when they were living in Afghanistan they witnessed directly public amputations by the Taliban for misdeamoners. Having said that and this is something I respect having been to the middle east there is lot more religious fervour out there. I remember being in Israel and hearing the call to prayer before 5 am and being quite moved by it . Likewise in this country some of the nicest people I've met have been Muslim. One girl I remember who was a close friend of mine at collage was from Somalia and Muslim and was keeping her virginity till married in line with Islamic thinking. I know religion has gone on the wane in the United Kingdom but I still would prefer after some thought my own daughter to follow this line of thinking(Catholic dogma  share this view as well) . Some won't agree Iam sure but you can only try to be true to yourself and not be shaped by media and politicians and others who don't have all the answers and can't be trusted fully anyway.

Much better to let a book full of make believe stories shape your actions and life.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 107
codcheeky
August 16, 2021, 9:15am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from ginnywings
20 years and billions of pounds/dollars, to be dismantled in a matter of weeks.

Many have tried to subdue the Taliban and all have failed. Think it's time the Americans stopped trying to be the world police.

The Taliban will now have even more weaponry to add to the piles they got from the Russians.

And those weapons the Americans gave them to fight the Russians, this has been a complete disaster doomed to fail from the start. The attack on the world trade centre was used as an excuse as it was even more bizarrely along with none existent WMDs for the attack on Iraq, despite the attackers being mostly Saudi. There is and was too much money to be made from the Saudis so a supposedly weaker target bore the brunt of US revenge and we tagged along like the US poodle we have become.
This has destabilised the whole region and has had the opposite effect in radicalising more people . Bombing people and drone strikes killing families was never going to make the relations of those killed or wounded support a foreign power.
This war has lasted more than 4 times the Second World War did and the Americans alone have spent more than they did in the Marshall plan to help rebuild Europe. We have spent a fortune despite making cuts everywhere else.
The Americans (and us) have left our allies like we did the Kurds to fend for themselves, there is no wonder they are not fighting a battle with only one outcome. The fallout from this will be dreadful for many in Afghanistan and we can expect another massive wave of refugees
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 107
MarinerWY
August 16, 2021, 12:34pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
What a complete and utter mess, culpability in so many quarters. The least we could do is enable refugees, especially women and kids (given the Taliban's oppressive policies towards women that our governments used as a political football when they wanted to justify the invasion) and any men who are likely to be targeted for supporting the coalition forces.

Biden needs showing the images of Afghan folk clinging to the plane taking off at Kabul Airport. And of American choppers on top of the embassy. Alongside his and Boris Johnson's assertions that the Taliban had no route to retake the country, and that you would not see American helicopters at the embassy like you did in Saigon. Biden may be better than Trump but on the world stage the US is still meddling in other countries in the worst possible way, creating chaos then flipping off when they lose interest.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 107
Ipswin
August 16, 2021, 2:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from pizzzza

Just read this bit in the article:

'Routledge, who has spent a summer interning at a wealth management firm, said: “I like risk, I’m a banker, so it makes sense.'' '

If the silly fornicator survives I just hope he never has to look after my account

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 107
Sandford1981
August 17, 2021, 8:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Ipswin

'Routledge, who has spent a summer interning at a wealth management firm, said: “I like risk, I’m a banker, so it makes sense.''

Well he is 1 letter away from a more accurate description.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 107
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 17, 2021, 10:01am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I hope the promise to take Afghans to the U.K. works out. I also hope every effort is made to get as many women and girls out as possible. The hypocrisy of Biden’s constant hectoring about women’s rights and then he  just takes a leap backwards, leaving the poor bu99ers to take what’s coming while he sits in Camp David hoping someone can give him words people will believe.

We can chunter about the U.K. being a party to this episode and blah blah about the politics of that but the ultimate question is what was it all about? It was an American war, part of the war against terrorism that we got sucked into. Obviously once the US pulls out our position would have been impossible. But the ineptitude of the Biden administration in not finding a better way than this humiliation takes some beating. My friends in the US tell me that it is not just the military establishment that finds this abandonment embarrassing and pathetic,

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 107
Ipswin
August 17, 2021, 4:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Sandford1981

Well he is 1 letter away from a more accurate description.

The little excrement appears to have been flown out to safety I say 'appears' as there is apparently some doubt that the daft fornicator was ever there

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 107
Humbercod
August 18, 2021, 8:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
I hope the promise to take Afghans to the U.K. works out. I also hope every effort is made to get as many women and girls out as possible. The hypocrisy of Biden’s constant hectoring about women’s rights and then he  just takes a leap backwards, leaving the poor bu99ers to take what’s coming while he sits in Camp David hoping someone can give him words people will believe.

We can chunter about the U.K. being a party to this episode and blah blah about the politics of that but the ultimate question is what was it all about? It was an American war, part of the war against terrorism that we got sucked into. Obviously once the US pulls out our position would have been impossible. But the ineptitude of the Biden administration in not finding a better way than this humiliation takes some beating. My friends in the US tell me that it is not just the military establishment that finds this abandonment embarrassing and pathetic,

Can we afford to take anymore? I say no…. We have refugees coming from all over.. Hong Kong,Syria, illegal immigrants coming in their thousands weekly! .. we have a shortage of free housing schools, hospitals, GP’s this is more madness, no doubt they be dumped in the poor community’s, it seems these sharp objects running the country are hell bent on killing our culture and way of life, We didn’t ask for this stick them in Wotton Underwood Tony Blair’s local village.

Who is speaking up for our community’s who’s people will have to live with the influx, a foreign culture dumped right in their neighbourhood where those council housing lists will now be getting that bit longer as the refugees must be looked after first.
A true leader would put the country and it’s people first but once again they show the couldn’t care less.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 107
ska face
August 18, 2021, 8:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,746
Gold Stars: 851
There are 43,584 towns or villages in the U.K.  I reckon most could take a decent number without divs like Humbercod shítting their pants. Say, I dunno, 20?

So that’s 871,680 we could take without anybody really noticing.

Bring them in.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 107
headingly_mariner
August 18, 2021, 8:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,392
Gold Stars: 120
A total flipping shambles. I hope as many people get out as can, but the resettlement plan today is a smokescreen. We need to be fishing them out in the 1000’s immediately especially those who worked with and for the coalition forces.
I feel for all those involved and those who have served over there.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 107
KingstonMariner
August 18, 2021, 10:18pm
Meths Drinker
That’ll be a great way of looking after your country’s interests. Shaft people who helped you in a war, so when the next ones comes around no one will trust you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 107
Humbercod
August 19, 2021, 7:48am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ska face
There are 43,584 towns or villages in the U.K.  I reckon most could take a decent number without divs like Humbercod shítting their pants. Say, I dunno, 20?

So that’s 871,680 we could take without anybody really noticing.

Bring them in.

20 for every Town and Village listen to yourself 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 107
Humbercod
August 19, 2021, 8:04am
Cocktail Drinker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 107
smokey111
August 19, 2021, 4:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3,359
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Humbercod

Stone hearted and totally lacking in compassion would appear to be the antidote to being an emotional numpty. I think I know which one I would rather go through life being.

"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That’s how I see football, that’s how I see life.” Bill Shankly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 107
Humbercod
August 19, 2021, 5:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from smokey111

Stone hearted and totally lacking in compassion would appear to be antidote to being an emotional numpty. I think I know which one I would rather go through life being.

Where do you draw the line then Smokey 50,000 500,000 1,000000 5,000000?
The problem is it never ends the numpty’s will always demand more regardless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 107
smokey111
August 19, 2021, 6:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

What is "it"? Supporting those fleeing oppression? Or is "it" immigration?

"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That’s how I see football, that’s how I see life.” Bill Shankly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 107
KingstonMariner
August 19, 2021, 6:48pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

Give me a refugee over you any day.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 107
ska face
August 19, 2021, 6:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

20 for every Town and Village listen to yourself 😂

Ok, if you insist.

We can start by requisitioning all the empty luxury flats in London, second homes on the south coast, and Royal Palaces.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 107
LH
August 19, 2021, 7:11pm

All lives matter didn’t last long did it?
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 107
ska face
August 19, 2021, 8:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Never seems to be much concern for public services at election time either. Usually reserved to be used as a stick to beat refugees with.

Cowardly shítcunts.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 107
KingstonMariner
August 19, 2021, 9:02pm
Meths Drinker
London, May 1940. Chamberlain’s grip on power has loosened. The Tory Party is split between Lord Halifax and Winston Churchill as replacement leader. But at the last minute a unity candidate appears. Lord Humbercod.

Humbercod becomes PM and immediately orders the repatriation of the exiled Poles, Czechs, Danes, and Norwegians. He orders the RN in Operation Dynamo to refuse to take the French and Belgians and leave them at Dunkirk. “Where will it end?” he famously said, just before the RAF lost the Battle of Britain, short of 3 fighter squadrons worth of pilots.

Max Manus is turned away from commando training and ends up in a concentration camp. Anders Lassen is unceremoniously put back on the trawler he crossed the North Sea on and looses his life fighting 6 German soldiers in Ebsjerg.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 107
smokey111
August 19, 2021, 9:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner
London, May 1940. Chamberlain’s grip on power has loosened. The Tory Party is split between Lord Halifax and Winston Churchill as replacement leader. But at the last minute a unity candidate appears. Lord Humbercod.

Humbercod becomes PM and immediately orders the repatriation of the exiled Poles, Czechs, Danes, and Norwegians. He orders the RN in Operation Dynamo to refuse to take the French and Belgians and leave them at Dunkirk. “Where will it end?” he famously said, just before the RAF lost the Battle of Britain, short of 3 fighter squadrons worth of pilots.

Max Manus is turned away from commando training and ends up in a concentration camp. Anders Lassen is unceremoniously put back on the trawler he crossed the North Sea on and looses his life fighting 6 German soldiers in Ebsjerg.

POTW. Unfortunately, I used my gold star too early today.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 107
Humbercod
August 20, 2021, 8:31am
Cocktail Drinker

Would be slightly funny if there was any kind of logic to your warped mentality.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 107
Humbercod
August 20, 2021, 8:35am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Ok, if you insist.

We can start by requisitioning all the empty luxury flats in London, second homes on the south coast, and Royal Palaces.

I bet you’re one of the first to moan when the council tax goes up to pay for the mass influx!  Bloody lefty’s thick as mince😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 107
ska face
August 20, 2021, 9:22am

Vodka Drinker
Don’t try and project your awful opinions on to me.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 107
Humbercod
August 20, 2021, 10:41am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Don’t try and project your awful opinions on to me.

Any awful opinions on this -
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s.....arrested-London.html

Is it awful to worry about thieves,rapists,murderers, or good old fashioned terrorist because we just don’t know who we are letting in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 107
LH
August 20, 2021, 10:51am

So are you saying that even Afghans who risked their lives to work alongside British troops and diplomats shouldn’t be allowed to come here to live in safety? What are your views on Gurkhas?
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 107
Humbercod
August 20, 2021, 12:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from LH
So are you saying that even Afghans who risked their lives to work alongside British troops and diplomats shouldn’t be allowed to come here to live in safety? What are your views on Gurkhas?

1. No I’m not saying that.
2. I fully support the Gurkhas and I hope they get the pensions they deserve.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 107
ska face
August 20, 2021, 1:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

we just don’t know who we are letting in.

Why don’t you?

Do you think resettlement schemes just pop everyone on a plane one end and then shoo them off at the other, never to be seen again?

You make a good case for closing all borders to absolutely everyone though - nobody in or out of the country at all, just everyone stuck on crab mentality island watching Mrs Browns boys until death.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 107
Stadium
August 21, 2021, 11:11am
Champagne Drinker
Horrendous scenes around & inside the airport.
An absolute disaster.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 107
Rick12
August 21, 2021, 12:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Stadium
Horrendous scenes around & inside the airport.
An absolute disaster.
What got me was seeing pictures in the newspaper of people falling out of planes to their death desperate to get out the country . Turns out one of them was only 19 and an Afghan youth footballer. Mind boggles how hard life is and desperate for some people around the world.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 107
Rick12
August 21, 2021, 1:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

Any awful opinions on this -
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s.....arrested-London.html

Is it awful to worry about thieves,rapists,murderers, or good old fashioned terrorist because we just don’t know who we are letting in.
Messed up world Humbercod . Always has been . Hopefully we see a time  where and I haven't given up hope yet  that everyone gets on regardless of political affiliation or religion  and there's fairness amongst humans. Not just with each other but also how we treat this planet and not rape the earth  for financial gain and Iive in harmony with it.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 107
Humbercod
August 21, 2021, 1:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Messed up world Humbercod . Always has been . Hopefully we see a time  where and I haven't given up hope yet  that everyone gets on regardless of political affiliation or religion  and there's fairness amongst humans. Not just with each other but also how we treat this planet and not rape the earth  for financial gain and Iive in harmony with it.

Amen to that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 107
aldi_01
August 22, 2021, 4:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Thousands of illegals coming in every week…erm…you can’t actually prove that, the clue is in the title…I mean perhaps we should start with the scumbags taking everything from these folk on the promise of a passage to a safe haven, not a flipping rubber dingy across the sea…

intercourse me, what are the racists and bigots really scared of? If we’re advocating the stopping of refugees in to a country because we’re worried about rape and murder then we best set up the gulags because you’re gonna be shocked when you find out that that already happens…

Back to the actual discussion and not the bigoted ramblings which result in calling anyone with a heart or a different view a lefty divvy or whatever…

I see there’s now a suggestion the Afghan sect of Isis is now likely to attack…I mean this would clearly indicate that Covid is done…the west have their priorities on the Middle East again…is there money to be made, are the yanks trying to take back control of the drug trade again? Is there now more millions to be made in the sale of weapons than PPE and the likes.

Just get the poor illegitimates out of there, let the flipping lunatics and scumbags masquerading as relgious nut jobs  eat themselves…very sad to think that less than 50 years ago, may be 60, Afghanistan was a progress country…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 107
KingstonMariner
August 22, 2021, 8:01am
Meths Drinker
Afghanistan was making progress in the 70s. Until the religious nutters tried to stop it. Then the Soviets went in to support the regime (and for their own geo-political reasons no doubt) and that gave the West the chance to strike at the USSR by backing what became the Taliban (and spawn Al Qaeda).

Blair makes some sound comments in here:

https://amp.theguardian.com/wo.....l-eligible-evacuated

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 107
KingstonMariner
August 22, 2021, 8:05am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

Would be slightly funny if there was any kind of logic to your warped mentality.

Bit beyond you is it?

To make it obvious for you, the point I’m making is that you don’t ditch allies. It comes back to bite you. If we’d been led by ignorant idiots like you in WWII we’d have lost.

I expect you’d have needn’t objecting to the use of new weapons too crying that they’re ‘experimental’ and might hurt you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 107
Rick12
August 22, 2021, 10:13am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

Just get the poor illegitimates out of there, let the flipping lunatics and scumbags masquerading as relgious nut jobs  eat themselves…very sad to think that less than 50 years ago, may be 60, Afghanistan was a progress country…

Nice sentiments Aldi but as human beings were all fallen creatures.  Evil in all its various guises be it bullying,racism, bigotry, mocking etc is present in all of  us however minuscule eg 0.0001%. Purity doesn't exist in the human consciousness.This is relevant for the great theological thinkers in our human history ranging from Jesus of Nazareth to Guru Nanak the founder of the Sikh faith who were beacons of hope in a fallen world.  Key is to want to change for the  better and make the effort to do that. If everyone done that on a global level you wouldn't see these humanitarian problems . Likewise on a local level a lot of problems would be eradicated as well.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 107
Biccys
August 22, 2021, 11:20am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Rick12

Nice sentiments Aldi but as human beings were all fallen creatures.  Evil in all its various guises be it bullying,racism, bigotry, mocking etc is present in all of  us however minuscule eg 0.0001%.Purity doesn't exist in the human consciousness This is relevant for the great theological thinkers in our human history ranging from Jesus of Nazareth to Guru Nanak the founder of the Sikh faith who were beacons of hope in a fallen world.  Key is to want to change for the  better and make the effort to do that. If everyone done that on a global level you wouldn't see these humanitarian problems . Likewise on a local level a lot of problems would be eradicated as well.

Therein lies the problem! "Better" for some bigoted groups is their version of reality and damn the outlook of anyone who disagrees. Not aimed at any particular religion or worldview, most have their own version of what they consider to be "best".

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 59 - 107
Rick12
August 22, 2021, 11:34am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Biccys

Therein lies the problem! "Better" for some bigoted groups is their version of reality and damn the outlook of anyone who disagrees. Not aimed at any particular religion or worldview, most have their own version of what they consider to be "best".
Yes well said Biccys.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 107
Humbercod
August 22, 2021, 2:54pm
Cocktail Drinker

Bit beyond you is it?

To make it obvious for you, the point I’m making is that you don’t ditch allies. It comes back to bite you. If we’d been led by ignorant idiots like you in WWII we’d have lost.

I expect you’d have needn’t objecting to the use of new weapons too crying that they’re ‘experimental’ and might hurt you.

Moronic comparison,tge neutral Danes and Norwegians never had the balls to join us and declare war on Germany for a start!

Then you try to compare Europe under invasion from the German war machine to Afghanistan and the mountain men  are you having a laugh.

The other difference you fail to understand is that the vast majority of the people we took in shared our values and religions, and they also actually wanted to return home. Can you say that about the not so much genuine Afghan refugees but all the rats that will now follow? 20000 has been quoted you can bet this number will be 10x.

Here’s a question for you and I’ve asked a similar one to that other numpty before, if you was PM you had full power to let 100,000+ in and you was informed that as a consequence we would see from conservative modelling that at least 50 girls/women would be raped, 5-10 girls/women would be murdered within 5 years and the chance of another major bombing like in Manchester…. then would you still let them in over to you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 107
Humbercod
August 22, 2021, 4:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Only country taking in refugees should be Biden’s! He caused this mess let him clean it up. Worst President in living memory this will be his legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 107
DB
August 22, 2021, 5:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod
Only country taking in refugees should be Biden’s! He caused this mess let him clean it up. Worst President in living memory this will be his legacy.

It is a mess as you say but it is the mess caused by Blair and Bush in 2001. They never thought that the might of the US Military accompanied by the British and other national forces could be beaten. Their vision of the 'end game' was we win. No thought was given to the fact all this might could be defeated and that the ordinary citizens of Afghanistan would be made to suffer again. Armed forces were killed for the benefit of the whims of politicians. No planned tactical withdrawal by the politicians of armed forces or Afgan allies; it's basically a rout.

Biden may be in charge now, along with Boris, but the problem was deep-rooted years ago with the arrogance and egos of others.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 107
ska face
August 22, 2021, 5:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

Moronic comparison,tge neutral Danes and Norwegians never had the balls to join us and declare war on Germany for a start!

Then you try to compare Europe under invasion from the German war machine to Afghanistan and the mountain men  are you having a laugh.

The other difference you fail to understand is that the vast majority of the people we took in shared our values and religions, and they also actually wanted to return home. Can you say that about the not so much genuine Afghan refugees but all the rats that will now follow? 20000 has been quoted you can bet this number will be 10x.

Here’s a question for you and I’ve asked a similar one to that other numpty before, if you was PM you had full power to let 100,000+ in and you was informed that as a consequence we would see from conservative modelling that at least 50 girls/women would be raped, 5-10 girls/women would be murdered within 5 years and the chance of another major bombing like in Manchester…. then would you still let them in over to you?

Wasn’t the Manchester bomber born in England? Same as Lee Rigby’s killers? And all four 7/7 bombers.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 107
smokey111
August 22, 2021, 9:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

Rats that will follow.

You couldn't be any more xenophobic if you tried.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 107
KingstonMariner
August 22, 2021, 11:37pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

You still flipping miss the point don’t you?!

200 years ago people like you were saying the same things about the Irish. Different culture. Different religion. Uncivilised. Blah blah blah. But they were flipping wrong too.

Let’s face it. You just don't love your country do you. You’d rather see us lose face by letting down people on our side. Throwing them to the dogs. So the next time we have fewer people who will help us. We know you won’t take one for the team either. You totally lack moral fibre. All about the self. Not a patriotic bone in your body. Just a snowflake who has no conception of real world power politics.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 107
KingstonMariner
August 22, 2021, 11:42pm
Meths Drinker
And you have the gall to say the Norwegians and Danes didn’t have balls! What a flipping plonker know nothing you are.

I know for a fact that were people from those countries living in our town who did more than a coward like you (who is afraid of a vaccine) ever would dream of doing against the Nazis.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 107
KingstonMariner
August 23, 2021, 12:17am
Meths Drinker
So why would Denmark and Norway declare war on Germany anyway? Before the invasions of April 9th. Talk us through that one Hombocod. How would that have arisen? Don’t tell me, you know fack all about the subject. That would be a surprise [sarcasm alert for the hard of thinking].

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 107
Humbercod
August 23, 2021, 7:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from DB

It is a mess as you say but it is the mess caused by Blair and Bush in 2001. They never thought that the might of the US Military accompanied by the British and other national forces could be beaten. Their vision of the 'end game' was we win. No thought was given to the fact all this might could be defeated and that the ordinary citizens of Afghanistan would be made to suffer again. Armed forces were killed for the benefit of the whims of politicians. No planned tactical withdrawal by the politicians of armed forces or Afgan allies; it's basically a rout.

Biden may be in charge now, along with Boris, but the problem was deep-rooted years ago with the arrogance and egos of others.

Correct about Blair and Bush but what people overlook is the fact we wasn’t beaten! The USA had practically conquered Afghanistan and the Taliban what was left were hiding away in the mountains. The Taliban are now back in power because Biden of Biden’s stupidity Not because the were beaten, I actually agree with Blair when he says we should of seen the job through.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 107
Humbercod
August 23, 2021, 7:55am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Wasn’t the Manchester bomber born in England? Same as Lee Rigby’s killers? And all four 7/7 bombers.

The parents shared the same 7th century medieval cultures and values incompatible with 21st century  Europeans it’s that simple.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 107
Humbercod
August 23, 2021, 8:06am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from smokey111

Rats that will follow.

You couldn't be any more xenophobic if you tried.

Surprised me I thought Ska face would of been the first dummy to pick this up!
Not genuine means not legitimately entitled! have you seen any news on the Dover daily landings or is it just the BBC you watch?
These people (vast majority fighting age men) are criminals and should be treated as such,I reserve the right to call out these illegal invaders of my Country.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 107
Humbercod
August 23, 2021, 8:07am
Cocktail Drinker

You still flipping miss the point don’t you?!

200 years ago people like you were saying the same things about the Irish. Different culture. Different religion. Uncivilised. Blah blah blah. But they were flipping wrong too.

Let’s face it. You just don't love your country do you. You’d rather see us lose face by letting down people on our side. Throwing them to the dogs. So the next time we have fewer people who will help us. We know you won’t take one for the team either. You totally lack moral fibre. All about the self. Not a patriotic bone in your body. Just a snowflake who has no conception of real world power politics.

You’ve lost it Pal🤯
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 107
Humbercod
August 23, 2021, 8:09am
Cocktail Drinker
And you have the gall to say the Norwegians and Danes didn’t have balls! What a flipping plonker know nothing you are.

I know for a fact that were people from those countries living in our town who did more than a coward like you (who is afraid of a vaccine) ever would dream of doing against the Nazis.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 107
Humbercod
August 23, 2021, 8:14am
Cocktail Drinker
I’m a coward for not having the vaccine? You’ve got this the wrong way around numb nuts, it’s getting to the point we’re the unvaccinated are being treat like lepers, it would be easy to get the vaccine knowing it would help keep me out of hospital nothing brave about that! My last vaccine was when I went to Thailand the other year nothing brave about that!

The brave ones who are the ones that stand up against government tyranny you’re just a sheep the kind Hitler would of been proud off%
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 107
Humbercod
August 23, 2021, 8:21am
Cocktail Drinker
So why would Denmark and Norway declare war on Germany anyway? Before the invasions of April 9th. Talk us through that one Hombocod. How would that have arisen? Don’t tell me, you know fack all about the subject. That would be a surprise [sarcasm alert for the hard of thinking].

And he’s still going, I obviously touched a nerve with your dumb Scandinavian comments😭
Yes they went neutral at the start of the war you know the year before! then got invaded anyway! A few years back Denmark even apologised for aiding the Nazi’s! Get back to school.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 107
ska face
August 23, 2021, 8:50am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

The parents shared the same 7th century medieval cultures and values incompatible with 21st century  Europeans it’s that simple.

The Manchester Bomber’s dad was part of a militant group funded and supported by the British state to wage proxy wars against their targets in the Middle East. Michael Adebelajo was born to a Christian family and then MI5 tried to recruit him to do their work.

How’s that for 21st century European values?

Can only assume you have some kind of bizarre humiliation fetish the way you continue to embarrass yourself on here. Pull your pants up and read a book or something.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 107
Humbercod
August 23, 2021, 3:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ska face

The Manchester Bomber’s dad was part of a militant group funded and supported by the British state to wage proxy wars against their targets in the Middle East. Michael Adebelajo was born to a Christian family and then MI5 tried to recruit him to do their work.

How’s that for 21st century European values?

Can only assume you have some kind of bizarre humiliation fetish the way you continue to embarrass yourself on here. Pull your pants up and read a book or something.

You thick twit his dad was a senior member of the LIFG a group which had strong links with al-Qaeda which the US state department declared to be terrorists.
It’s well documented the LIFG wanted Gadaffi out to replace him with their very own version of an Islamic state. We took these terrorist in on the foolish basis that your enemy’s enemy must be your friend! I hope all the Afghan refugee happy clappers will take note.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 107
Humbercod
August 23, 2021, 6:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod
I’m a coward for not having the vaccine? You’ve got this the wrong way around numb nuts, it’s getting to the point we’re the unvaccinated are being treat like lepers, it would be easy to get the vaccine knowing it would help keep me out of hospital nothing brave about that! My last vaccine was when I went to Thailand the other year nothing brave about that!

The brave ones who are the ones that stand up against government tyranny you’re just a sheep the kind Hitler would of been proud off%

Just for the record I’d like to apologise to Kingston and anyone else vaccinated for that matter, regarding the ‘sheep’ comment!
We are living through a horrible period of time with a killer virus on the loose, and we all have to make our own individual choices without prejudice! I have family and friends vaccinated and would always encourage their informed choice, I reacted wrongly after being attacked for my own informed choice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 107
Stadium
August 23, 2021, 9:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Families to be resettled in the local area.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/four-afghan-refugee-families-resettled-5822631

The comments are quite something although this is by far away the most sensible.

Yes they did. Many local Afghan people risked a great deal as informants and spies against the Taliban operations militarily and also in the heroin trade. their help could have saved many lives from a potential terrorist attack and kept drugs from arriving on our shores, much much more than that but it gives you a general idea.
It's easy to sit at home in your tiny little town, completely disconnected from anything happening in the world while making judgements. Go expand your horizons and learn something about the world beyond what you see on TV. It's depressing when we fought for so long just for people with no empathy or compassion for their fellow human being to wash their hands of it and say we should just abandon them to their fate, easy to do I guess when you have never met any of them or experienced what they have. It's the prevailing attitude of a majority white area where many people have lived in this area their whole lives and never gone further than Spain on holiday at most.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 107
aldi_01
August 24, 2021, 6:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
The comments on the Grimsby Live Facebook group are comedy gold…just folk wasting their time saying ‘look after our own’ whilst doing intercourse all to help our own…

Must be a bizarre world to live in if you believe and follow everything in the news and on social media…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 107
Rick12
August 24, 2021, 8:00am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
The comments on the Grimsby Live Facebook group are comedy gold…just folk wasting their time saying ‘look after our own’ whilst doing intercourse all to help our own…

Must be a bizarre world to live in if you believe and follow everything in the news and on social media…
Iam sure some are like that Aldi but not all. Some very good people I know not in Grimsby but in the Lincolnshire area doing a lot of good for needy people here and abroad(Syrian refugees) through the Methodist church . The church working on their behalf through local authority resulted in them being give council houses.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 107
Manchester Mariner
August 24, 2021, 8:08am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,819
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from aldi_01

It's the All lives matter lot. All lives matter unless you're an immigrant, refugee, on benefits, unemployed etc etc

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 107
ska face
August 24, 2021, 11:39am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

You thick twit his dad was a senior member of the LIFG a group which had strong links with al-Qaeda which the US state department declared to be terrorists.
It’s well documented the LIFG wanted Gadaffi out to replace him with their very own version of an Islamic state. We took these terrorist in on the foolish basis that your enemy’s enemy must be your friend! I hope all the Afghan refugee happy clappers will take note.

So you’re here lecturing people on what are “21st Century European values”, when it’s those values that have directly led to our own taxes being used to fund Islamic extremists?

Its divs like you who cause these problems, hiding under the bed and pointing and foreigners, then voting for the same people who use our taxes to support wars and extremism overseas. The Manchester bomber and his family was given free rein by Theresa May in 2011 to travel to Libya to train and fight with the LIFG, because it helped destabilise the region which all works in Britain’s geopolitical, imperialist interests.

These 21st century European values basically mean you can do whatever you like overseas, drone strike weddings, kill infants, destabilise entire continents - all for the financial benefit of a small cabal of millionaires - and when you get some blowback, it’s not your fault. Keep your shíte values.
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 107
Humbercod
August 24, 2021, 4:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ska face

So you’re here lecturing people on what are “21st Century European values”, when it’s those values that have directly led to our own taxes being used to fund Islamic extremists?

Its divs like you who cause these problems, hiding under the bed and pointing and foreigners, then voting for the same people who use our taxes to support wars and extremism overseas. The Manchester bomber and his family was given free rein by Theresa May in 2011 to travel to Libya to train and fight with the LIFG, because it helped destabilise the region which all works in Britain’s geopolitical, imperialist interests.

These 21st century European values basically mean you can do whatever you like overseas, drone strike weddings, kill infants, destabilise entire continents - all for the financial benefit of a small cabal of millionaires - and when you get some blowback, it’s not your fault. Keep your shíte values.

Did you forget about the biggest attack on USA soil ever? flipping terrorist sympathisers that’s what you are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 107
ska face
August 24, 2021, 8:16pm

Vodka Drinker
That one funded by the Saudis? Where 15 of the 19 terrorists were Saudis? Bin Laden himself belonging to a family of Saudi multi-millionaires.

What happened to the Saudis? Oh yeah, the Queen puts their Crown Prince up for the night in Buck House and Blair makes millions whitewashing their record.

Spare me the hand-wringing. You think this all started in 2001 or something?
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 107
Humbercod
August 25, 2021, 12:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ska face
That one funded by the Saudis? Where 15 of the 19 terrorists were Saudis? Bin Laden himself belonging to a family of Saudi multi-millionaires.

What happened to the Saudis? Oh yeah, the Queen puts their Crown Prince up for the night in Buck House and Blair makes millions whitewashing their record.

Spare me the hand-wringing. You think this all started in 2001 or something?

Terrorist sympathiser, Conspiracy theorist the list keeps growing 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 107
aldi_01
August 25, 2021, 4:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

Always baffles me that when the right are proven wrong people are conspiracy theorists or terrorist sympathisers…

Stating a fact that 9/11 was essentially funded by the very people we sell arms to isn’t exactly hard to find…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 107
chaos33
August 25, 2021, 6:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,969
Gold Stars: 360
It’s not as if what Ska has explained is disputable or a matter of opinion. It’s fact.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 107
Stadium
August 25, 2021, 6:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

A bizarre comment.
Please explain the "conspiracy" theory behind the facts provided.,
Thanks.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 107
Humbercod
August 25, 2021, 10:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
I take it you’ve all heard of the 9/11 commission report?
An extract from the report -
[/b]The commission has concluded they "found no evidence that the Saudi government as an institution or senior Saudi officials individually funded [Al Qaeda]" to conspire in the attacks,[1] or that it funded the attackers![b]

Again official report guys! Unless you’ve solid evidence then blaming the Saudis or even the USA government etc is just well a conspiracy.
Do I believe the official report? On balance don’t know but I have to except all the other versions as being conspiracy theories.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 107
Humbercod
August 25, 2021, 10:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Stadium

A bizarre comment.
Please explain the "conspiracy" theory behind the facts provided.,
Thanks.

If you’ve got some evidential facts Stadium, then please share maybe start with RT news.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 107
DB
August 26, 2021, 8:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod
I take it you’ve all heard of the 9/11 commission report?
An extract from the report -
[/b]The commission has concluded they "found no evidence that the Saudi government as an institution or senior Saudi officials individually funded [Al Qaeda]" to conspire in the attacks,[1] or that it funded the attackers![b]

Again official report guys! Unless you’ve solid evidence then blaming the Saudis or even the USA government etc is just well a conspiracy.
Do I believe the official report? On balance don’t know but I have to except all the other versions as being conspiracy theories.

Because it is an official report it does not mean there is any truth in it. I stopped believing in official reports years ago. Why? The police and Hillsborough come to mind quickly!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 107
Rick12
August 26, 2021, 8:46am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from DB

Because it is an official report it does not mean there is any truth in it. I stopped believing in official reports years ago. Why? The police and Hillsborough come to mind quickly!

I only trust the divine source now DB that kick started this whole universe off.  I've been let down by so called  people I thought I could trust which includes political affiliations across the board. Painful experience is the best teacher.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 107
ginnywings
August 26, 2021, 8:54am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
The Saudi's have never been known to lie.

Even with a recording of them killing and dismembering a journalist, they lumped the blame onto 'rogue elements'.

The Saudi's literally get away with murder because they have lots of oil, obscene amounts of money and they like to spend it on big shiny weapons, not to mention cars, planes, boats, houses and football teams. They are good for business, so their transgressions are tolerated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 107
Humbercod
August 26, 2021, 9:01am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from DB

Correct DB always question everything I tell my kids, but to blame the Saudi Arabia government or the House of Sauds has about as much credibility as the Mafia killing JFK. The definition of stupidity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 107
Humbercod
August 26, 2021, 9:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
The Saudi's have never been known to lie.

Even with a recording of them killing and dismembering a journalist, they lumped the blame onto 'rogue elements'.

The Saudi's literally get away with murder because they have lots of oil, obscene amounts of money and they like to spend it on big shiny weapons, not to mention cars, planes, boats, houses and football teams. They are good for business, so their transgressions are tolerated.

Yet not a peep from the Left as 100s of Saudi funded mosques that encourage the extreme version of Islam are springing up all over our towns and city’s, some of these eye sores are like palaces at a cost of millions. As the Muslim population accelerates with this Tory open door policy (over 800 illegals arrived by boat on Saturday if you didn’t know) We will see more of these Wahhabi mosques, more radicalisation, more terror attack, more British people suffering.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 107
DB
August 26, 2021, 2:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
I only trust the divine source now DB that kick started this whole universe off.  I've been let down by so called  people I thought I could trust which includes political affiliations across the board. Painful experience is the best teacher.

You are a wise man, all others will let you down.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 107
Hagrid
August 26, 2021, 3:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,475
Gold Stars: 536
Bomb gone off at Kabul airport
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 107
Maringer
August 26, 2021, 4:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Question is, who is responsible? I've heard reporting that Al Qaeda (or whatever their latest incarnation is named) might carry out such attacks to try and embarrass the Taliban who theoretically are the government and therefore in charge of security. On the other hand, you wouldn't put it past the Taliban to bomb some people they don't really like very much to discourage people trying to get out before the deadline expires.

A shiteshow whatever has occurred.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 107
Stadium
August 26, 2021, 8:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Question is, who is responsible? I've heard reporting that Al Qaeda (or whatever their latest incarnation is named) might carry out such attacks to try and embarrass the Taliban who theoretically are the government and therefore in charge of security. On the other hand, you wouldn't put it past the Taliban to bomb some people they don't really like very much to discourage people trying to get out before the deadline expires.

A shiteshow whatever has occurred.

https://www.theguardian.com/wo.....airport-suicide-bomb

Isis K

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 107
Stadium
August 26, 2021, 8:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

If you’ve got some evidential facts Stadium, then please share maybe start with RT news.

If only they would release the files & everything would be clear.
Do you wonder why they haven't?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/10/fbi-offer-documents-families-9-11-saudi-arabia

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 107
Maringer
August 28, 2021, 11:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
These guys are the ones in charge of our response:

Tweet 1431378048218193921 will appear here...

No, it's not the Thick of It. That clip is real life government stuff, apparently intended to show the UK in a good light. Seriously. Can you believe this excrement?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 107
Maringer
August 28, 2021, 11:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I repeat, this is not a parody.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 107
aldi_01
August 29, 2021, 3:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
I repeat, this is not a parody.

People voted for that…let that sink in too…people actively chose that flipping idiot…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 107
DB
August 29, 2021, 5:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

People voted for that…let that sink in too…people actively chose that flipping idiot…

Not wishing to rake up old ground what I voted for was to get out of the EU and that was the main theme of the last election. Hindsight and vision are brilliant but at the voting time, we have neither.

If we were told that Covid was around the corner and Afghanistan was going to be abandoned, along with Carrie was going to be a major influence on our governmental policies; then Boris would definitely never be anywhere near No.10

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 107
Humbercod
August 29, 2021, 8:32am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from DB

Not wishing to rake up old ground what I voted for was to get out of the EU and that was the main theme of the last election. Hindsight and vision are brilliant but at the voting time, we have neither.

If we were told that Covid was around the corner and Afghanistan was going to be abandoned, along with Carrie was going to be a major influence on our governmental policies; then Boris would definitely never be anywhere near No.10

There is a famous quote - ‘Hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is better, especially when it comes to saving life, or some pain’

Yet Boris could never of imagined in his wildest nightmare what was to unfold, that said he has been an unimaginable poor leader to the point of leaving me politically homeless! It does sends a shudder down my spine though whenever I look at the Labour bench and think what might of been.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 107
DB
August 29, 2021, 5:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

There is a famous quote - ‘Hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is better, especially when it comes to saving life, or some pain’

Yet Boris could never of imagined in his wildest nightmare what was to unfold, that said he has been an unimaginable poor leader to the point of leaving me politically homeless! It does sends a shudder down my spine though whenever I look at the Labour bench and think what might of been.

Unfortunately, it's been this way for decades; which is why I always say I'm neither Red nor Blue.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 107
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Afghanistan

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.