Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 292 Guests

just back...

This thread currently has 7,854 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
July 24, 2021, 8:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Decent summing up. Can't understand why it got 3 red crosses?

Because the fentyistas are out in force on here tonight.... Wally's
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
HertsGTFC
July 24, 2021, 10:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Because the fentyistas are out in force on here tonight.... Wally's

Nah it’s not that it’s probably a few of many posters over the years I’ve disagreed with and have found 5 minutes when they haven’t got their hands on their tails.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
KingstonMariner
July 24, 2021, 11:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Nah it’s not that it’s probably a few of many posters over the years I’ve disagreed with and have found 5 minutes when they haven’t got their hands on their tails.

Or it’s just random toßers who get a stiffy by thinking they’re winding people up.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
HertsGTFC
July 25, 2021, 9:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Or it’s just random toßers who get a stiffy by thinking they’re winding people up.

Indeed!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
NorthseaMariner
July 25, 2021, 9:10am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
It’s what you say that’s important, not what the red crossers do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
quebec38
July 25, 2021, 9:15am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,575
Gold Stars: 48
I thought all of the new signings looked like they have something to offer us yesterday.

Efete gets forward well.
Longe-King is an imposing guy on who will have the measure of anyone in the air.
Crookes looks steady.
Fox looks like he’s too good to stick around if we don’t make it up this season.
Sousa is smart on the ball in tight spaces and reminds me a bit of Dembele.
Grant fairly solid. I’m confident there will be more to come from him.
McAtee looks like another fans favourite but needs a partner. More likely to create and do the donkey-work than score goals.

Without a proper centre forward yesterday we had players run past McAtee. Hopefully we can coach Sousa a touch more composure when one on one with the keeper and he should get goals this season in that system. Hopefully we’ll get the recognised scorer we are searching for though and that could be the missing piece.
Pretty confident we are going to be a strong side this season who take some beating but we do need that goal threat.

Beast burgers were great also. Are they a regular thing this season does anyone know??

Is the fan zone accessible yet? Did anyone go yesterday? Where is it?

Screen on the upper is a nice touch.

Pitch looks the best it has in years.

Players looked happy and there seemed to be a togetherness. Feels like there is a real maturity amongst the squad now.

Lots of positives yesterday
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
Davec
July 25, 2021, 9:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,442
Gold Stars: 42
Could not make it yesterday so I have just watched the game on the Youtube channel.

Plenty of positives, we do look to get it on the deck and keep it on the deck when we can, and don't forget Rotherham are further into their pre season than we are and were championship side last season, we competed well and we dd not look out of place at all. we kept us shape well as Hurst would say and we will be hard to beat this season which is what you expect from a Hurst side.

Waterfall looked solid alongside Longe-King who looks like he will be very solid in thhe national league.

Efete looks a decent player who likes to get forward, slightly concerned that he seems to stand off the oppisition wingers and give them  to much time to put the ball into the box but when he signed Doig did say there are things he needs to work on so maybe that is one of them. Meanwhile Crookes looks steady and reminds me of Gregor Robertson  which is not a bad thing.

Clifton, Coke and Fox battled well with the latter looking far too good for the national league. I did think Coke had a bit of an off day and gave the ball away quite a few times but we know from last season that he is more than capable.

Sousa is a crowd pleaser and he has all the tricks and flicks, whilst his end product is somewhat lacking but that is probabaly why he finds himself kicking around in non league. His corner kicks was not great yesterday so lets keep him off them.

squad depth obviously lacking but I am not overly concerned about that as I am sure more bodies will be coming through the door in due course and it is also worth remembering that in the national league we can make signings all through the season., we do need a number 9 signing that is for sure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 33
HertsGTFC
July 25, 2021, 9:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Davec
Could not make it yesterday so I have just watched the game on the Youtube channel.

Plenty of positives, we do look to get it on the deck and keep it on the deck when we can, and don't forget Rotherham are further into their pre season than we are and were championship side last season, we competed well and we dd not look out of place at all. we kept us shape well as Hurst would say and we will be hard to beat this season which is what you expect from a Hurst side.

Waterfall looked solid alongside Longe-King who looks like he will be very solid in thhe national league.

Efete looks a decent player who likes to get forward, slightly concerned that he seems to stand off the oppisition wingers and give them  to much time to put the ball into the box but when he signed Doig did say there are things he needs to work on so maybe that is one of them. Meanwhile Crookes looks steady and reminds me of Gregor Robertson  which is not a bad thing.

Clifton, Coke and Fox battled well with the latter looking far too good for the national league. I did think Coke had a bit of an off day and gave the ball away quite a few times but we know from last season that he is more than capable.

Sousa is a crowd pleaser and he has all the tricks and flicks, whilst his end product is somewhat lacking but that is probabaly why he finds himself kicking around in non league. His corner kicks was not great yesterday so lets keep him off them.

squad depth obviously lacking but I am not overly concerned about that as I am sure more bodies will be coming through the door in due course and it is also worth remembering that in the national league we can make signings all through the season., we do need a number 9 signing that is for sure.

Pretty much how I see it. In the first part of the first half the had some joy on Efete’s side but as the game progressed I thought he adjusted well.

A little bit more to be added in attack for sure but I’m sure Paul Hurst is talking to people, maybe even a couple one with a bit of experience and an U23 from a bigger club maybe.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
jaf243
July 25, 2021, 3:21pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +73
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
First impressions were quite good. I thought Sousa and Fox were the two standouts, but all the other new guys looked decent as well. We really need a proper no.9 though as we looked a bit blunt in the final third, several good balls went in the box but there was no one anywhere near them. Think we need another centre mid as well, as I don't see much in the way of cover if any of Coke, Clifton or Fox get injured (I'm still not at all convinced by Spokes).

I was also suprised how big Efete is. I thought I'd read that he was quite small. Also wondered where Scannel was - didn't see him on the bench or in the stands with the others who weren't playing. Is he injured again?

Also, anyone know why Adlard was sat in the stands. Seems slightly odd that the other young striker (I forget his name but he scored against Clee Town last week) has jumped ahead of him in pecking order. Or maybe he's carrying a knock as well?

All in all, quite promising though and it was good to see us in the flesh again.

Scannel was at home with his family for his brother's wedding.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
wigworld
July 25, 2021, 9:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
I really enjoyed the game, and it was great o be back at BP.
1-0 seemed about right, and it didn't seem like there were 2 leagues difference between the two teams.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.