Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 335 Guests

just back...

This thread currently has 7,851 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Lincoln Mariner 56
July 24, 2021, 5:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
Always hard to judge on one friendly game but thought it was a good game and work out with the defenders looking strong particularly first half when Rotherham had a lot of possession. Didn’t see much of Crookes in an attacking sense but that was probably due to the quality of the opposition.

Evident that the absence of both LJL and Ryan Taylor left us short physicallyup front and the failure to capitalise on two great crosses from McAtee demonstrated the need for a striker. Although I thought Clifton did well, aside from the fluffed chance, I personally would like to see a left footed player on the left of midfield to give us better balance.

Decent attendance for Macca who made four excellent saves first half.

Lots of promise but a couple of quality players at striker and in midfield still needed to make us really optimistic that we will bounce straight back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
Teestogreen
July 24, 2021, 5:17pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
Well - from Mr McKeowns point of view - great result - best of luck to him - and especially for next season
UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
Roast Em Bobby
July 24, 2021, 5:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
First impressions were quite good. I thought Sousa and Fox were the two standouts, but all the other new guys looked decent as well. We really need a proper no.9 though as we looked a bit blunt in the final third, several good balls went in the box but there was no one anywhere near them. Think we need another centre mid as well, as I don't see much in the way of cover if any of Coke, Clifton or Fox get injured (I'm still not at all convinced by Spokes).

I was also suprised how big Efete is. I thought I'd read that he was quite small. Also wondered where Scannel was - didn't see him on the bench or in the stands with the others who weren't playing. Is he injured again?

Also, anyone know why Adlard was sat in the stands. Seems slightly odd that the other young striker (I forget his name but he scored against Clee Town last week) has jumped ahead of him in pecking order. Or maybe he's carrying a knock as well?

All in all, quite promising though and it was good to see us in the flesh again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 24, 2021, 7:09pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Approval: +836
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Teestogreen
Did anyone score a goal?

When did anyone scoring a goal ever win us 3 points?

Oh hang on...........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
HertsGTFC
July 24, 2021, 7:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Enjoyed that £10 well spent. First half we looked bright, full of energy with a great tempo while “keeping us shape”.

Though it was a friendly let’s not lose sight that Rovrum where in the Championship last season and are closer to the start of their season. The game didn’t look like a friendly and we didn’t look non league.

Second half was a bit stop start and it looked like both sides ran out of a bit of steam the changes meant the match turned into abut if a run out in the last 5 mins.

What did I learn?

- Hurst has the players in good shape and the ones he’s brought in look physically up to it.

- We want to play it on the deck and the pitch really helped.

- As you’d expect no lack of work rate and effort and the overall movement was really encouraging.

- We need a striker and probably another attacker with a bit of versatility.

Overall we feel like we’re well on track from a prep point of view.

Away from a decent game it was so good to get back to BP and I’m pleased it was a really good turn out for Macca.

UTFM!!!!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
mariners1
July 24, 2021, 7:18pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +201
Gold Stars: 1
[quote=1122]Isn’t it great to say ‘just back’?

Oh it most certainly is……I’m sure that I’m just one of many who found being there, part of a crowd, watching a game in the flesh…we’ll just bloody wonderful

I was in such a good mood that I didn’t even shout at the lino…..

It might just be wishful thinking but the whole atmosphere in and around the ground post Fenty seemed to me to be so much more positive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
Teestogreen
July 24, 2021, 7:27pm

Champagne Drinker
All the best to The Fishy Team.
Keep us optimistic for next season - soon be here
UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
Teestogreen
July 24, 2021, 7:55pm

Champagne Drinker
Didn’t  expect anything less than negatives
Lol
UTM
The season has started 🤙

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
rancido
July 24, 2021, 8:03pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Considering it was a testimonial/friendly I thought Roverum took it very well seriously and were a tad "over competitive"!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
chipsandgravy
July 24, 2021, 8:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Enjoyed that £10 well spent. First half we looked bright, full of energy with a great tempo while “keeping us shape”.

Though it was a friendly let’s not lose sight that Rovrum where in the Championship last season and are closer to the start of their season. The game didn’t look like a friendly and we didn’t look non league.

Second half was a bit stop start and it looked like both sides ran out of a bit of steam the changes meant the match turned into abut if a run out in the last 5 mins.

What did I learn?

- Hurst has the players in good shape and the ones he’s brought in look physically up to it.

- We want to play it on the deck and the pitch really helped.

- As you’d expect no lack of work rate and effort and the overall movement was really encouraging.

- We need a striker and probably another attacker with a bit of versatility.

Overall we feel like we’re well on track from a prep point of view.

Away from a decent game it was so good to get back to BP and I’m pleased it was a really good turn out for Macca.

UTFM!!!!!

Decent summing up. Can't understand why it got 3 red crosses?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.