brigg_mariner
June 8, 2021, 2:33pm

UTM...!!!
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 5
Luke Hendrie on the verge of signing for Scunny apparently according to the socials.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2012 (Part 2)
Logged Offline
Private Message
dicko995
June 8, 2021, 2:43pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
Probably a swap for swap for Ryan Sears
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 52
Poojah
June 8, 2021, 2:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,533
Gold Stars: 1,500
My sources are telling me they’ve offered him a six-finger salary.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 52
GTFC_85
June 8, 2021, 2:46pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 3
This might sound strange and not aligned to other supporters opinions, but I don't think Hendry will be that big a loss. Although his defensive side improved later into the season, I thought in possession, and certainly passing/crossing was some way off.

I think Hurst's historical full backs were all better than him (Danny Andrew, Richard Tait, Gregor Robertson, Ben Davies, Townsend, Aswad Thomas)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 52
GollyGTFC
June 8, 2021, 2:49pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from GTFC_85
This might sound strange and not aligned to other supporters opinions, but I don't think Hendry will be that big a loss. Although his defensive side improved later into the season, I thought in possession, and certainly passing/crossing was some way off.

I think Hurst's historical full backs were all better than him (Danny Andrew, Richard Tait, Gregor Robertson, Ben Davies, Townsend, Aswad Thomas)

Your little Hurst signs better full-backs than Hendrie theory falls apart a bit when you realise Hurst signed him at Shrewsbury.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 52
diehardmariner
June 8, 2021, 3:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,612
Gold Stars: 538
Hendrie of last season is no major loss, but it's probably important to remember that he was carrying an injury for the vast majority of the campaign.

Prior to that I thought he was a fine full back, but the last 12 months he was a good yard slower, considerably weaker, easily beaten and far less composed on the ball.

If we were losing the Luke Hendrie of 19/20 I would be disappointed, but I've absolute confidence in Hurst to bring in better.

Full back is always a position that under Hurst we always managed to upgrade.   Magnay to Tait for example.  Magnay was one who many worried we wouldn't be able to better.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 52
Son of Cod
June 8, 2021, 3:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from GTFC_85

Davies and Robertson weren't as good for us, but have had decent careers before signing. You're off your rocker if you think Aswad Thomas was better than Hendrie though. Andrew, Tait and Townsend definitely better, will give you that. Hurst signed Magnay too, didn't he? I agree with you that he does sign good full backs but Hendrie has been one of our most consistent players in the league for several seasons now. He's definitely not irreplaceable though, he's just a solid steady Eddie who puts in a lot of effort. Will be a decent signing for anyone in L2.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 52
Grimsbynewhope
June 8, 2021, 3:03pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 1
He clearly has a lot of ambition moving from bottom of the league to third from bottom of the league
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 52
GTFC_85
June 8, 2021, 3:06pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Son of Cod

Davies and Robertson weren't as good for us, but have had decent careers before signing. You're off your rocker if you think Aswad Thomas was better than Hendrie though. Andrew, Tait and Townsend definitely better, will give you that. Hurst signed Magnay too, didn't he? I agree with you that he does sign good full backs but Hendrie has been one of our most consistent players in the league for several seasons now. He's definitely not irreplaceable though, he's just a solid steady Eddie who puts in a lot of effort. Will be a decent signing for anyone in L2.

I take your point. I was really disappointed with him last season was my main gist and that Hurst has always had a decent defence. Robertson I though was genuinely really good at the time he signed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 52
Son of Cod
June 8, 2021, 3:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from GTFC_85

I take your point. I was really disappointed with him last season was my main gist and that Hurst has always had a decent defence. Robertson I though was genuinely really good at the time he signed.

Wasn't a great season for him, but I thought he wasn't anywhere near as bad as some made out. Especially once we started defending well towards the back end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 52
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Luke Hendrie

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.