6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
June 8, 2021, 5:59pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +842
Gold Stars: 117
So if Hendrie goes and Hewitt has already flown the nest, does that mean Hurst needs to sign 12 players now or stick to the 10, and utilise 2 of the players who are going to steal a wage this coming season?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 52
pen penfras
June 8, 2021, 6:19pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
So if Hendrie goes and Hewitt has already flown the nest, does that mean Hurst needs to sign 12 players now or stick to the 10, and utilise 2 of the players who are going to steal a wage this coming season?

They weren't going to stay for less money than they were on before, were they?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 52
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
June 8, 2021, 6:35pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +842
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from pen penfras

I never said they were. This was about Hurst's numbers. He said BEFORE any departures that he wanted to sign 10 players, but now one has gone and another potentially on his way, will he need to sign 12 now or might he have factored in the chances of some of his squad skidaddling and still stick to 10 incoming
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 52
DB
June 8, 2021, 6:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from pen penfras

So how much were they offered?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 52
Mikey_345
June 8, 2021, 7:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,381
Gold Stars: 105
Quoted from DB

So how much were they offered?

20 Bensons and a bag of monster munch

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 52
nightrider
June 8, 2021, 7:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Not quick enough. That said, once we got the new pair at the back, he was good enough. Just.
Mind you, I don't remember townsend being particularly quick. Nor Nsiala.
And,  I'll stick to my day job
Better at the back or in a 3?

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 52
GhostDan
June 8, 2021, 7:31pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Fairly ambivalent towards whether Hendrie stays or goes to be honest, I think he may have naturally ran his course with us and probably ready for a new challenge - I’d back PH to find better aswell, he’s got a decent record at finding defenders.

Be gutted if Giles Coke left though, he’s got cult hero written all over him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 52
forza ivano
June 8, 2021, 8:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from GhostDan
Fairly ambivalent towards whether Hendrie stays or goes to be honest, I think he may have naturally ran his course with us and probably ready for a new challenge - I’d back PH to find better aswell, he’s got a decent record at finding defenders.

Be gutted if Giles Coke left though, he’s got cult hero written all over him.

am told Coke and Sears will be signing. Someone on FB reckoned Coke had been offered the captaincy?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 52
Northbank Mariner
June 8, 2021, 8:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from forza ivano

am told Coke and Sears will be signing. Someone on FB reckoned Coke had been offered the captaincy?

Forza, now I am surprised you've brought FB statements as being reliable into the fishy..
Coke leaving would upset me rather disappoint me, hoping he's not used us to get his chance to get out of non league in the hope of being picked up by a league club for one last pay day..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 52
mariner91
June 8, 2021, 8:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,644
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Forza, now I am surprised you've brought FB statements as being reliable into the fishy..
Coke leaving would upset me rather disappoint me, hoping he's not used us to get his chance to get out of non league in the hope of being picked up by a league club for one last pay day..

Yeah league clubs will be queuing up for a 35 year old who last season played in the conference north and for the worst team in the FL.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Luke Hendrie

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.